From 14 stone to 13 stone

Well done and welcomes all round I think (School hols have been manic so far and can't keep up). Trip to Brighton went reasonably well for lunch I did the Orange Wednesday thing at Pizza Express. I had a lovely salad which had roasted veg (not that oily so reckon hardly, if any olive oil), lentils and goats cheese (HExA?), I added chicken for a £1 more cos I'm greedy and it was an Extra Easy day! No dressing for me though! :) Unfortunately didn't realise the orange deal came with free garlic dough balls and/or garlic bread each. Didn't want to feel like I'd not got my deal :D so couldn't say no! Had half of the garlic bread - not sure the syns on that!! DD ate the rest - think she has hollow legs!

Also had the small pudding with coffee thing (Dolcetti I think they're called) I had the figs one which according to their website is 218 calories so reckon it is 11 syns!! Love it though and knew I couldn't resist! Out in the evening I had a starter of sardines in spicy tomato sauce and Pasta with mussels again in a tomato sauce - gonna allow for olive oil in sauces but otherwise were ok and two gin and slimlines. Was just gona say that it was the sneaky garlic bread I had that put me over when I remebered I had an Amaretto coffee too... oh, and salad had a dressing as forgot to ask for it not to as we were talkinh too much - oh dear! Yesterday was virtuous though! Still I did say October is a silly month! Funny we can not go out for weeks and weeks and then suddently all the invites and events happen at once!

Last edited:
Just checked their website again and shows the garlic bread as 238 - as I had half... 6 syns? Think that puts my total to 21 syns plus an amaretto coffee and some dressing! Calling it 30... Could have been worse for 2 meals out in one day (angel on my shoulder is shouting it could have been better)

You did well to stick to 30 Nicki, the meal sounded really nice too. Glad you had a good time.

I have been very good all week so if I continue hopefully the scales will be kind to me on Monday. I feel so bloated though which is something I dont ever suffer with,waistband feels really tight,I cant understand it as I have eaten really heathily. Maybe too many carbs perhaps a red day is in order. Good luck to all

I know that feeling...was good yesterday and only had veg for dinner, lots of mash

Blooming iPod - sent before I wanted. I was green day and feel bloated too. Really want to see 1lb or more loss on Monday.

Has anyone else noticed a change in appetite level? My diet hasn't changed a significant amount just no oil or very little when I cook, pretty much no bread and cereal - except Alpen bars, and cut out puddings, cakes, crisps. Still eat loads of fruit and veg as always have done. But my appetite has severely decreased. I'm just not hungry in the mornings - maybe 10.30/11 is the first point when I feel a twinge of hunger. Also I'm less likely to snack now between. It's all good, but wondered if others have noticed this - can't remember/didn't notice when done SW before.

Also, I know I have a weak bladder after having kids but never used to have to get up in the night - have started doing that too! Grrr!

Nickinoonoo said:
Blooming iPod - sent before I wanted. I was green day and feel bloated too. Really want to see 1lb or more loss on Monday.

Has anyone else noticed a change in appetite level? My diet hasn't changed a significant amount just no oil or very little when I cook, pretty much no bread and cereal - except Alpen bars, and cut out puddings, cakes, crisps. Still eat loads of fruit and veg as always have done. But my appetite has severely decreased. I'm just not hungry in the mornings - maybe 10.30/11 is the first point when I feel a twinge of hunger. Also I'm less likely to snack now between. It's all good, but wondered if others have noticed this - can't remember/didn't notice when done SW before.

Also, I know I have a weak bladder after having kids but never used to have to get up in the night - have started doing that too! Grrr!

I've noticed this as well. I don't often have breakfast now as just not hungry, and have some grapefruit at about 11ish. Also all the water is definitely having an effect!

Same here ! Far less appetite than before diet and need to pee alot !! I just dont seem to have cravings for crisps and chocolate like I used to either. I fancy things that are off limits but dont seem to have to wrestle with myself like I used to. Wonder why??

Been so, so good all week, stuck to 5-14 syns daily but went for a curry last night had chicken shashlik (dryish chicken dish) King prawn curry (left about 1/3 of sauce) and boiled rice, and a popadom. Dont know how to syn this as portion size and ingredients differ from place to place. One things for sure... It aint good. WI in the morning as I sts last week even though fairly good week I so need a loss to keep up motivation/momentum. The sad thing was I didn't want to go out last night, would have prefered a home cooked meal and X factor. So just a little bit sad today, but not diet ruining sad. Will post wi result tomorrow.

I'm wondering if the peeing thing it the water content in the fruit and veg? Alway ate a lot if it but guess I'm eating more. I haven't increased the amount if water I'm drinking. The recommended amount if water per day is including water content in food. Apparently there is such a thing as too much water, don't know what slimming world recommend as a daily amount as don't go to meetings (have done in past and will do if I start struggling).

Jilly, dry is always good, surely :D you've been good all week so you're bound to lose.

It's great all this willpower we're showing, since starting I've been in a fast food joints a few times with kids and am happy with a coffee... just as long as they eat it all. Waste is still a problem I have - how can I put an untouched nugget in the bin? :D

Done another sneaky weigh and am getting my hopes up! Fingers crossed for Monday. Off for a long walk over South Downs now.

Yes, think you are right Nicki about increased fruit and veg. I always have eaten a lot of veg but fruit is something I rarely touched before. I think it was because I have always done weight watchers (with some success) and fruit had a high point value and I thought it was a waste. Yet another way that sw has improved my diet, fruit is positively encouraged on the plan. I feel slimmer this week but still bloated.(tomorrows wi will reveal all) I havent managed a red day yet as I'm just not mad about meat.

Have a lovely walk this afternoon and think of the body magic.

Hi Jilly - how are you doing today? I realised I could be on this thread now as I'm 14 st 8 ish :) woop!

Hi Jilly - how are you doing today? I realised I could be on this thread now as I'm 14 st 8 ish :) woop!
:)You most certainly can ! Had a good eatie day today. Made meatballs in tomato sauce for lunch and just had it for dinner too. It was so nice. Planned to do some gardening but cleared out my wardrobe instead. It was lovely to try on clothes I havent been able to wear for ages (18's) and for them to fit "properly" A bit like having new clothes really. Am nervous about wi in the morning as I know I'll be dissapointed if I havent lost anything. X factor and Downton tonight too. Yup... I'm a bit of a tv saddo!
Have you been behaving yourself ? and have you got a Christmas goal? Good luck.:)

I've been good today too but not had tea yet..! I made Parsnip and Apple soup from the 100 green recipes book mmm was lovely. Also a cheesecake consisting mostly of quark and scan bran, that should be interesting, haven't eaten any yet!

oo I totally know what you mean about the wardrobe being like new clothes! I've got a wardrobe full of sizes 16 down to size 10 waiting for me! ( Doubt I will fit into the size 10 again but aiming for 12!) Currently wearing around size 18 bottom and 16 top.

The size 18 jeans have started to fall off but the size 16s are too small as yet so think I need to invest in a belt! teehee.

I haven't set a Christmas goal as yet... not sure what is realistic? I guess I'd like to be around 14 stone but am doing well already so it could be a wee bit less eg 13 st 10. How about you?

Oh and don't worry about the Weigh In Jilly! If you're doing well just keep on track no matter what :)

Fingers crossed for you - just weighed myself 14st and a quarter... so close to the 13's I can smell it!

Think that is 3 and a quarter pounds - but hard to tell while using that app. Can't access all my profile stuff. Amazed if it's right!

Well done Nicki on your fabulous loss, really pleased for you ! Onwards and downwards my girl!

I lost a pound today, so am relieved I weigh 14.6 now which means Im closer to 14 stone than 15 stone mmmm that feels nice. Its strange over the last fortnight I feel so much slimmer even though my earlier losses were 2 or 3 pounds a week,and are now 1/2 or 1 pound Maybe it takes a while to catch up. Have had a think and I want my Christmas goal to be under 14 stone on Christmas eve even if its by just a pound. Should be possible at 1lb week loss. Do you have a Christmas eve weight goal to aim for ?

Eating well again. Although very chickeney. Chicken noodle soup (homemade) Chicken salad sandwich and roast chicken, cauliflower and potato mash and veg for dinner. I had a beef stew on low all day and put in extra liquid so used a ladle of the gravy for my dinner it tastes really really nice and like "proper gravy"

What are other peoples Christmas eve weight goals ?

Well done Jilly! See, nothing to worry about!

I weigh in at home on a Thursday, I think I will loose about the same this week. I'm at 14st 8 atm.

My problem atm is not feeling at all like eating breakfast, so I missed this morning and subsequently got the first headache i've had since starting SW. Used to have them almost daily.

I just had a huge pasta for lunch with corgette, sugarsnap peas, onions, garlic, tomatoes, olives (1 syn), artichokes, with mozerrella (hexA). & there's still a corn on the cob i've cooked looking at me..!

I'm proud of myself as I've had a stressful last few days with things going wrong and I've stuck to it well considering!

What is your height if you don't mind me asking?

Hope you're having a good day everyone!

Back