From 14 stone to 13 stone

Hello photogirl, your lunch sounded lovely got me thinking I might copy you and have something similar for dinner.
Do you not get a chance to eat breakfast ? could you not take fruit and yoghurt to eat when you start to get hungry or are you not hungry until lunch time? It might help to have less in the late evening so that there is more of a chance you will be hungry in the morning? Hope the next few days are less stressful than the last for you it makes sticking to plan so much easier.(I am 5' 5" by the way)

Good luck to everyone and has anyone thought of a Christmas eve goal yet?

Have stuck to plan today but found it hard, it has been one of those days when I have wanted to eat something....not sure what ...but something I'm not allowed!

That was yummy! copy kippered your lunch photogirl. Was just what I fancied without even knowing it. Am so pleased I didnt cheat today now.
I keep thinking of being 13.13 on christmas eve and it has really helped me today. I'm going to New York and Puerto Rico in the new year and I know I will look and feel so much better half a stone lighter. Just need to lose 1lb a week from now until then Doable ?.....yeah 'course it is !

That was yummy! copy kippered your lunch photogirl. Was just what I fancied without even knowing it. Am so pleased I didnt cheat today now.
I keep thinking of being 13.13 on christmas eve and it has really helped me today. I'm going to New York and Puerto Rico in the new year and I know I will look and feel so much better half a stone lighter. Just need to lose 1lb a week from now until then Doable ?.....yeah 'course it is !

Aww that's so fab, glad i helped! For breakfast, I do usually have time, but i go into the kitchen and not interested at all. I took some fruit with me today to eat later but didn't feel like it, even though I like fruit?! It will teach me a lesson though as I ended up with a bad headache! Well done for sticking to the plan. I'm really craving ice cream...not sure where that is from.

I'm a fan of various takeaways on FB and also get emails and texts to my phone having ordered a couple of times in the past. I'm going to unsubscribe from them as there really is no point!

New York and Puerto Rico wow sounds amazing. I think it's perfectly doable! :D

Hope you have success tomorrow!

Hi Guys, trying to catch up - been so busy! Well done Jilly on your loss - it definitely feels good to hit the mid-point (because you've lost a good chunk) and then to the next stone and so on. Just keeps you going - a plateau must be hard though. Not had one yet but expect it will happen at some point. That must be disheartening. At least we're going in the right direction!

Welcome photogirl, like you both I'm looking forward to moving into the next size clothes - just to feel more normal! Although having lost nearly 17lb so far I haven't noticed much getting looser just fitting a little better.

Would like my Christmas goal to be the low 13's - so maybe having lost 2 stone? that make it 13st 3. Jilly you can definitely do 1lb a week, come on, we can do it! (OK, enough of the pep talk!)

Must admit Jilly I still have proper gravy - I couldn't not! Although I don't use granules now just use cornflour to thicken. But still can't leave the booze out of it!!! :D I try to count the syns though. Oh we've always fancied Peurto Rico so will be interested what you think of it. My ultimate goal is to be slim for my next summer holiday so I don't feel so embarrased in a swimsuit! Got about 9 months and would love to be a size 12 - don't know whether I can do it as not sure what I weighed when I was a size 12 (distant memory!) I'd happily settle for a 14 though. There too many shops I like whose maximum size is 14!

Photogirl your lunch sounded lovely - I'v got a real thing for courgettes at the moment - I can't stop eating them with everything. I too have lost a lot of appetite early in the day - just still full up I guess?? Sometime I have a little fruit but most often I'm not hungry until 11 ish and I'll have fruit then until I make an early lunch! Bad news on the FB thing :) being 'haunted' by takeaways - it would kill me!

Today I made a really nice 'coconut' and spinach daal adapted from a Simon Hopkinson recipe. It called for coconut milk but I did it with that milk made from coconut milk (can't remember it's name but it is a healthy extra - you get a lot more than normal skimmed milk) and came out really well... didn't taste that coconutty, but delicious all the same :D Had some for lunch and then also with some fish after Zumba tonight. Hope lentils don't affect be badly - don't normally eat them in that quantity!

Hello ladies!!!

I gained 1lb this week!!

So at 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant that makes me only 4lb heavier since I found out!

My target from the dietition is to gain no more than a stone through the whole of my pregnancy :) so I'm doing ok!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3lb

Hello ladies!!!

I gained 1lb this week!!

So at 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant that makes me only 4lb heavier since I found out!

My target from the dietition is to gain no more than a stone through the whole of my pregnancy :) so I'm doing ok!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3lb

great going hun thats fabby

i myself lost 1/2 this week taking me to 14s 5.5lb so getting there slowly but aiming to be out of 14 s for xmas ?:)

I STS this week bit dissappointed but hey at least its not a gain will try and lose at least 2lb next week as my mini target!

Hey

Got 6lbs to go to reach 13 bracket but it may take me a long time as I struggle at times being a new mum and things can get hectice with juggling and eatting. But staying positive and doing my best - even if I do over syn I limit myself to addition syns to help stay strong and focused, but have not needed to as of yet and done one day 100% and probably do it again today :)

Hello all

Photogirl if you want icecream, then you have icecream ! dont know the syn value but you could have lots of lovely fruit with it. hope you have had a good day.

Nicki your dahl sounds gorgeous, might have to investigate that one. There is a thread devoted to that coconut milk on here. good syn value.You are doing so well with your weight loss Im sure you will be slim for summer. Puerto Rico is my favourite carribbean island, apart from maybe st.Lucia. It has a real Spanish vibe and they do great icecream. You may need to flexi syn that one though !

Leeanne I am seriously impressed with you ! and a Christmas baby. How wonderful!

Losingme We weigh about the same and I too would like to be under 14 stone for christmas. Lets join forces ! Well done on your loss

Nikkiruth Stay the sames are smelly ! buuut, taking a look at your losses so far and they are pretty damn impressive so you are doing something very right

I have prepared a chickpea,potato spicy dish for this evening so feel virtuous and prepared ! thinking of muller light choc/orange for pudding. Are they free do you know? Oo, oo, oo annnd am waiting on delivery of a brass bed which the delivery guy wants a hand carrying it up stairs = body magic !!!!

Hello bunny. sorry we were posting at the same time ! This is fast becoming the beautiful new baby site. I'm so so jealous !! well done on your loss and good luck

Yeah Jilly it would be great for our aim to be to get out of this thread and onto the next one by Christmas. I've lost 1lb this week taking it to -10lbs :) In three weeks wooohooo!

I find treats hard to stop though so wouldn't want to buy ice cream to have in the house. I suppose if i found somewhere who sold individual ones that would help, I do like twisters and think they are under 5 syns? Not sure.

I've had the week from hell this week and managed to stay focused. I went over syns yesterday cause I had a subway (6 inch wheat bread (9 syns) veggie patty (7syns), no cheese, with one line of bbq sauce (usually have something much more naughty!) and loads of salad)... I was at work and I did ask for a salad bowl but no lettuce so he wouldn't make me one :( I felt like I had no other option (fair enough could have had it without veggie patty.. but i'm still proud of myself.

Welcome to the group Emma xx well done on your loss Helen xx

Last edited:
Hello h and a, well done on your loss you have done really well

hpsaucy a fabulous loss 2 1/2 pounds off. well done you !

Hi shenzi, hope you've had a good day

photogirl and nicki You both quiet today . hope you're both ok

I'm sad and rubbish today. *very sad face* Not eaten loads but just not wanted sw food,if that makes any sense. Had pret a manger chefs chicken salad at lunch time then I knew I would be home later than usual and couldnt face cooking so bought a m&s feel fuller longer curry meal to bung in microwave and a count on us mousse. only had fruit and homemade veg soup in addition so not terribly naughty but very very synful. Dread to think how many exactly. Sometimes its just soooo damn hard. I wish I could end this on a more positive note but I just dont seem able to. Sorry for being so gloomy and please tell me you feel like this sometimes.

Hey Jilly, don't be sad, we all have days like that sometimes.. The key is to make it a day and not a week.. Or longer!

Hope you feel more yourself tomorrow x

We all feel like that from time to time jilly its as a big step to be making xx

Hi Jilly I'm still alive! don't know what's going on with me at the moment - seem to have no time! Haven't updated my food diary or had any chance to post - just gone to bed so thought i'd have a quick look. If i don't lose this week it'll be cos i'm not writing it down, trying keep track in my head!

Oh we definitely all feel like that sometimes too. Today I had been good but OH is away and hadn't had a chance to plan. Had an omelette and salad in town with my mum and nicked a couple of my sons chips, then wasn't really organised for dinner, knew I was green day but no suitable b choice to go with veg I had in. Ended up with eggs as my only option! Bit of an eggy day!

Had a 'fried' egg with beans and thin cut actifry chips. To me it screamed a slice of bread and butter for the runny yolk and there was fresh bread on the side... it ended after 2 slices of generously buttered soft White bread :( Wonder if I'll get away with it? Must hit Zumba hard on Tuesday!

Well done HPSaucy great loss and welcome h_and_a_mummy

Back