From 14 stone to 13 stone

Staying with my parents this week and have been doing most of the cooking so in control of green or red days. Both Mum and Dad admit they need to lose a fair bit of weight and want to follow the SW plan whilst I am here. The only problem is my father who is addicted to vegetable oil! We agree the menu eg stir fry and suddenly he is at my side with the oil bottle trying to glug the stuff into the pan as if his life depended on it. What strategies do you use with family and friends to stay on plan when they are hell bent on sabotage even if it is unintentional?

Ban them from the kitchen or use separate pans!?

My hubby is desperate for an Indian takeaway......offered to make SW version but he really fancies a treat (!) and my dog is going to vet's today to be spayed (sniff).........pressure!! Checked the syns online as we always share and have calculated what I can have within syns so may succumb or force him to reheat my portion tomorrow for his dinner (lol) if I can resist!

Jonnyjames - thanks for the tip about drinking. It's a big problem of mine as I have never drunk very much. Anyone got any ideas as I cannot see myself drinking a pint before every meal? I would feel as if I was drowning.

Hi Iv had the same problem and would often just have 1 cup of tea or absolutely nothing a day once I realised I hadn't drunk anything for nearly 3 days =0. I have managed to up my intake by drinking out of them sports cap bottles. just fill one up and keep it in view! if you buy a litre bottle there not that big and you only need to drink 2 which is that i do! I also mainly drink cordial as i find water a bit plain. I also wouldnt reccommend putting fizzy drinks in them as i did this once and it exploded on the bus :eek:
hope this helps

Weigh in tomorrow. Hope I've lost 2.5 pounds, that will take me to 13 stone 13.5. But knowing my body I won't hold my hopes up! 4.5 pounds would be nice, that will give me my 1 stone award (since rejoining slimming world, will officially make it 3 stone 11.5 pounds lost altogether :p)

I drank that much water yesterday, i think my body is still waterlogged from that. (By a lot it was only about 2 litres, but usually drink more like 1)

I'm outta here folks! 0.5lb lose for me yesterday.....see you all soon!

fs22 said:

Well done see you soon xxx

Ally89 said:
Weigh in tomorrow. Hope I've lost 2.5 pounds, that will take me to 13 stone 13.5. But knowing my body I won't hold my hopes up! 4.5 pounds would be nice, that will give me my 1 stone award (since rejoining slimming world, will officially make it 3 stone 11.5 pounds lost altogether :p)

You can do it petal xxx

fs22 said:

Argh! And we had only just met. Hopefully catch up in the 13s. I may be some time but won't ask you to wait for me!

Argh! And we had only just met. Hopefully catch up in the 13s. I may be some time but won't ask you to wait for me!

LOL, i'm sure I'll be there when you arrive!

Staying with my parents this week and have been doing most of the cooking so in control of green or red days. Both Mum and Dad admit they need to lose a fair bit of weight and want to follow the SW plan whilst I am here. The only problem is my father who is addicted to vegetable oil! We agree the menu eg stir fry and suddenly he is at my side with the oil bottle trying to glug the stuff into the pan as if his life depended on it. What strategies do you use with family and friends to stay on plan when they are hell bent on sabotage even if it is unintentional?

My Dad is the same. I prepare the food whilst he is out so he can't sabatage it. He eats a lot of butter, sugar but avoids bread.

I STS. Not particularly happy about it, hopefully it will come off next week.

I got weighed again this morning. Really struggling with it all maintained today and lost a pound last week. Still at 14.6 with half a pound to go for my 2.5 stone award. So I am back on it today. Just made a slimming world special fried rice and I am hoping that keeps me full.

Anyone know re sugar free jelly if you put the fruit in before it sets or wait a bit? Wanting to put grapes into raspberry jelly.

I got weighed again this morning. Really struggling with it all maintained today and lost a pound last week. Still at 14.6 with half a pound to go for my 2.5 stone award. So I am back on it today. Just made a slimming world special fried rice and I am hoping that keeps me full.

Anyone know re sugar free jelly if you put the fruit in before it sets or wait a bit? Wanting to put grapes into raspberry jelly.

You have done so well and am sure you will make it this week :D
SW rice is yum, yum.
I don't think you will have a problem putting your grapes into jelly - perhaps just let it cool a little first and enjoy x

Ally89 said:
I STS. Not particularly happy about it, hopefully it will come off next week.

Bless ya, keep at it tho and it will come off xxx

Back