From 14 stone to 13 stone

Let me in! I'm only just in but very happy to be here. I want to be out of here as ASAP though :)

JanetG said:
Hi everyone. After losing 2lb this week, I've come to join you! I can't remember the last time I weighed 14st something!

This weeks goal is to not have to go back up to the 15s! We're going away to the Lake District for the weekend with a large group of friends to celebrate one of their 50th birthdays. We'll be doing lots of walking, but also lots of eating and drinking!

I say be careful about the number of syns you use before you go, then enjoy yourself. I have learned two important lessons on here. The first is to get straight back I plan if you have a bit of a blow out and the second is the planning and being aware of what is coming up is half the battle. You seem to have that but sussed. Have a good time!

Wow this thread moves fast! My apologies for not keeping up!

3stonetosexy said:
2.5lbs OFF HOORAY!!! Finally had a weight loss, 1 month plateau is finally over!! So close to my 2 stone off

YEAH BABY I COULD SCREAM WITH HAPPINESS!! I'm the lightest i've been in ages. Even on weight watchers I didn't get to 14.8, so happy!! 8 more pounds to go and i'll be ridiculously happy!!

xxx

Well done, that's great. I was ww and have now joined sw and hoping to lose 3 and a half stone to get to a healthy bmi. I'm sure we will get to our targets.

JanetG said:
Hi everyone. After losing 2lb this week, I've come to join you! I can't remember the last time I weighed 14st something!

This weeks goal is to not have to go back up to the 15s! We're going away to the Lake District for the weekend with a large group of friends to celebrate one of their 50th birthdays. We'll be doing lots of walking, but also lots of eating and drinking!

Yay, welcome :) hope you enjoy your weekend and don't put on any lbs.

Can someone tell me how many syns are in miller light mint limited edition and the raspberry and cranberry one. I just ate the mint one which is delicious. I have ordered some books but they have not arrived yet and just hoping they don't have too many syns! I also had a curly wurly earlier which I believe is 6 syns, please correct if I'm wrong. What is a good low syn choc alternative, my weakness is chocolate and I usually have some in evening.

X

Ok you were right with curly wurly and muller mint with dark chocolate sprinkles is FREE!! I like the orange one with dark choc sprinkles and that's FREE too!!

Welcome to all our newbies xxxx
Hope everyone is having a good week.....I've had a couple of naught days but been good gal today.......back on plan and hope to lose at least a lb by Sunday x

Hi lostkelly. It seems strange being part of a thread where everyone is trying to get away as fast as possible, doesn't it? Re the chocolate fix - I am just the same. My solution is to melt one square of dark chocolate(at least 70% cocoa) in a mug of hot milk with a small amount of sweetener. Somehow it works better than an options type choc drink for me. The other thing is that even if I go on a choc binge, I can only manage three squares max of the darkest chocolate before I feel sick.

Hey all, welcome to new comers, and well done for losses :D

I am struggling this week, I had a meal out on wednesday and have another tonight. Pretty certain I stayed within my syns weds as had nothing off plan when I ate out except for a couple of buttered potatos. Tonight have already checked out menu and planned to have a salmon rice and veg dish and will ask no sauce/dressings. Why then am I feeling so guilty about eating? I know its ok, and any oil they have used well my syns will cover it as not using any others, but still don't want to eat :/ And can't even bring myself to have a drink either, feel too worried :(

I am worried I am starting to obsess too much really, I have been losing quite fast, and I am not sure it's a good thing at the mo. Arggghh...anyone else worry about eating out?

Sorry for prattling on about it. Hope everyone else is well, and hugs to those who have been feeling down xxx

Slowly slowly for me this week 1lb off. Have really stuck at it as well this week, only thing I have changed is I am doing more running when I go to the gym. Almost a domestic this morning, as my wife, who has had two boozy nights out this week, has lost 3lbs :eek:

I'll get my own back next week :D

I also had a curly wurly earlier which I believe is 6 syns, please correct if I'm wrong. What is a good low syn choc alternative, my weakness is chocolate and I usually have some in evening.
X

I have curly wurly's, a half or a full one a night - usually my only syns of the day. I pop it in the fridge for 30 mins, you can then break it up so your not eating it all at once, they snap really easily when cold.

Weigh in tomorrow. I've been naughty and got on the scales three times this week (need to stop that, i am NOT going to turn into a serial weigher again) I was 14 stone 1 each time, so if it is that tomorrow then I will have lost a 1lb. I want to be under 14 when i see Bowling For Soup...after tomorrow I will have 1 more weigh in before I see them, getting less hopefully about being under 14 stone by then, really hope I can do it.

Thanks dextersmum. I will give the orange one a try to.

daisybell18 said:
Hi lostkelly. It seems strange being part of a thread where everyone is trying to get away as fast as possible, doesn't it? Re the chocolate fix - I am just the same. My solution is to melt one square of dark chocolate(at least 70% cocoa) in a mug of hot milk with a small amount of sweetener. Somehow it works better than an options type choc drink for me. The other thing is that even if I go on a choc binge, I can only manage three squares max of the darkest chocolate before I feel sick.

Thanks I will give that a try, I do like hot choc drink.

andrew41 said:
I have curly wurly's, a half or a full one a night - usually my only syns of the day. I pop it in the fridge for 30 mins, you can then break it up so your not eating it all at once, they snap really easily when cold.

I keep them in fridge they last so much longer that way.

Ally89 said:
Weigh in tomorrow. I've been naughty and got on the scales three times this week (need to stop that, i am NOT going to turn into a serial weigher again) I was 14 stone 1 each time, so if it is that tomorrow then I will have lost a 1lb. I want to be under 14 when i see Bowling For Soup...after tomorrow I will have 1 more weigh in before I see them, getting less hopefully about being under 14 stone by then, really hope I can do it.

I have the same problem with weighing myself. I avoid the scales for a few days then feel them drawing e back like a magnet. I know it is counterproductive as a good loss makes me slack off and a gain or STS makes me frustrated and demotivated. Why do I do this to myself? Solution anyone??

I have the same problem with weighing myself. I avoid the scales for a few days then feel them drawing e back like a magnet. I know it is counterproductive as a good loss makes me slack off and a gain or STS makes me frustrated and demotivated. Why do I do this to myself? Solution anyone??

I stopped doing it for ages cos it bugs me when it looks like i've sts or gained, but this week i've started turning in a serial weigher again. Going to make my mum hide the scales in the week i think

Me too, every morning I'm weighing myself, got the man to put them in the loft, I just can't stop!

I'm getting on in the morning since its weigh in day then I am not going to get on them again until next saturday. She says.

Ally89 said:
I'm getting on in the morning since its weigh in day then I am not going to get on them again until next saturday. She says.

We need to have a joint challenge. No scales between weigh ins next week. Are you up for it?

We need to have a joint challenge. No scales between weigh ins next week. Are you up for it?

Yeah, i'm up for it. I just officially weighed in. 14 stone 1...loss of 1lb (beginning to think my body doesn't want to go under 14 stone). Scales are back under the kitchen cupboard and now staying there until next saturday.

Ally89 said:
Yeah, i'm up for it. I just officially weighed in. 14 stone 1...loss of 1lb (beginning to think my body doesn't want to go under 14 stone). Scales are back under the kitchen cupboard and now staying there until next saturday.

My WI day is tomorrow. I too will avoid the scales like the plague all next week. Cant put them away as hubby weighs himself every day. His approach is to nip any weight gain in the bud! Seems to work for him but then again he is near his ideal weight.

Hopefully will be in the 13s tomorrow for the first time in years. Fingers crossed.

Back