From 14 stone to 13 stone

Emmamb said:
I've been awol for a bit-had a slight gain last week and been rubbish right up until going to bed last night but woke up with new focus and determination. My sneaky peek on the scales showed a 3lb gain this morning *gulp* hoping to get a bit of that off by wednesday xx

It's so hard sometimes, well done you for getting your focus back. Wish I could but think it's hiding away from at the moment.

sarahsnap said:
It's so hard sometimes, well done you for getting your focus back. Wish I could but think it's hiding away from at the moment.

It's taken me about a month if I'm honest-if I can get past 2 days been 100% then my body stops craving rubbish food.
I'm signing up to do a spartan race (www.spartanrace.com) so need to get the weight off to improve my performance xx

Oh well 4lbs on last night and no clue why. Did another red week. It's so frustrating. Handed in my food diary cos neither I nor my friends can see anything wrong with it. That was my 4th red week in a row. Going to try either a green week or mix it up a bit with different days. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

susanmc40 said:
Oh well 4lbs on last night and no clue why. Did another red week. It's so frustrating. Handed in my food diary cos neither I nor my friends can see anything wrong with it. That was my 4th red week in a row. Going to try either a green week or mix it up a bit with different days. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Could you post your food diary on here? xx

I don't have it now. It was written down + I gave it to my consultant. Generally have 2 boiled eggs and a bit of fruit for breakfast. I only have free food at mealtimes and don't snack on free food e.g. chicken salad, lean meat + veg or stir fry (I'm a really plain eater so don't add sauces etc) then I snack on fruit all day. Maybe I eat too much fruit but god how much would I need to eat to put on 4lbs. Some days I don't have any syns but usually have between 4 and 10.

susanmc40 said:
I don't have it now. It was written down + I gave it to my consultant. Generally have 2 boiled eggs and a bit of fruit for breakfast. I only have free food at mealtimes and don't snack on free food e.g. chicken salad, lean meat + veg or stir fry (I'm a really plain eater so don't add sauces etc) then I snack on fruit all day. Maybe I eat too much fruit but god how much would I need to eat to put on 4lbs. Some days I don't have any syns but usually have between 4 and 10.

What healthy extras do u have?
What fruit do u snack on? Xx

Fruit is a variation of melon, strawberries, plums, apples, pears satsumas and usually 1 banana a day. A choice usually skimmed milk for tea and either low low cheese or low low cheese spread. B choice is usually either a hifi bar, packet ryvita minis, a wholemeal roll (I buy aldi 4 pack and have even weighed them to make sure correct weight), 2 alpen lights or Finn crisp.

Fruit is a variation of melon, strawberries, plums, apples, pears satsumas and usually 1 banana a day. A choice usually skimmed milk for tea and either low low cheese or low low cheese spread. B choice is usually either a hifi bar, packet ryvita minis, a wholemeal roll (I buy aldi 4 pack and have even weighed them to make sure correct weight), 2 alpen lights or Finn crisp.

Are you having 2 A's and 2 B's, on red you have 2 of each. Personally if you have done red for 4 weeks I would mix it up, I gain with all red, only way I lose is doing a mix of red, green and EE, and making sure I don't eat the same all the time, same breakfasts also make me gain. I have to spend an hour each week to plan just my breakfasts so I don't have the same everyday.

Been away for a couple of weeks but WI today at 14.6....not long to go.

sorry to have to say goodbye as now in the 13's . Yippee. ( not sorry at all really as I will soon see you in the next stones bracket :):)

Ally89 said:
Are you having 2 A's and 2 B's, on red you have 2 of each. Personally if you have done red for 4 weeks I would mix it up, I gain with all red, only way I lose is doing a mix of red, green and EE, and making sure I don't eat the same all the time, same breakfasts also make me gain. I have to spend an hour each week to plan just my breakfasts so I don't have the same everyday.

I usually have 2 a and 2 b. Will def do a green week this week then mix it up each week + see how I get on.

I usually have 2 a and 2 b. Will def do a green week this week then mix it up each week + see how I get on.

Different people find different things work for them. I'd give it a couple of weeks on green, as you will be having more carbs than you would on red, so you might not lose much this week while your body adjusts

Ally89 said:
Different people find different things work for them. I'd give it a couple of weeks on green, as you will be having more carbs than you would on red, so you might not lose much this week while your body adjusts

Thanks for your help. Will see what Monday brings lol

Emmamb said:
It's taken me about a month if I'm honest-if I can get past 2 days been 100% then my body stops craving rubbish food.
I'm signing up to do a spartan race (www.spartanrace.com) so need to get the weight off to improve my performance xx

Good luck with that. I put on 2 this and deserved to so as of tomorrow I back on plan. If I can do one week 100% then I know my head is back in the right place.

2lbs off this week so down into the 13 stone bracket....not been here for about 4 years!!!!!! cannot say how happy I am today :bliss:

An unexpected 3lb off this week taking me down to 14st 6lb....past halfway to the next stone xx

well done. Don't forget to update your statistics. They still have you at 15s 7.5.

Back