From 14 stone to 13 stone

Well done emmie :)

Aah, see drink doesn't bother me at all. I suppose flexisyn the day and enjoy it. I will be enjoying my trip up north in July :)

Great results, everyone, lovely to see. I lost 3lbs this week, so am super happy, and this week is socially quiet again, so hoping I'll be outta here next Mon :fingerscrossed:

Booze doesn't bother me either, Fran, I've had a LOT of very drunken nights of fun since I started this, and it's never had much of an impact. I definitely don't lose much those weeks but my gains only come when I've given into a hangover, or otherwise gone off plan massively with food. Thinking about it, all my slim friends (and the vast majority of my friends re very slim, and have never really had weight issues) will have very drunken nights fairly regularly, but they don't then eat all of the finger buffet, or have a huge greasy fry up AND pizza for dinner etc etc. I'm a big believer in a little of what you fancy doing you good and, luckily for me, that seems to be the case with booze!

Admittedly, I have changed the way I drink, though. I never have more than 2 beers in an evening now, and usually stop drinking wine after a few glasses, and move onto vodka, fresh lime & soda, or gin and slimline or something, so it's not like I'm doing whatever I want, or what I used to drink before SW. After all, if you change nothing, nothing will change, and none of us are here because we don't want to change, after all!

OK, waffle over! Good night, all, and GOOD LUCK this week :)

well done guys! woo 3lbs is brilliant!

By alcohol not bothering me, I mean I rarely drink it now-a-days. If I say I don't drink people think it is a moral thing or something and it isn't, it is just falling out of the habit of it years ago, and never really having much again. I did used to have some VERY drunken nights out, but never had a hangover. hehe

Hi everyone :), I just lost another 4.5 lbs this week so I have now left the 14's and into the 13's. So chuffed !!! Hope to be here another month and then move to the 12's. Kay xx

well done guys! woo 3lbs is brilliant!

By alcohol not bothering me, I mean I rarely drink it now-a-days. If I say I don't drink people think it is a moral thing or something and it isn't, it is just falling out of the habit of it years ago, and never really having much again. I did used to have some VERY drunken nights out, but never had a hangover. hehe

Ah, slightly different to me, then! That just shows how flexible SW is, though! Good for you cutting right down on the booze, though, that's impressive - not sure I'd have been able to if I knew I wasn't going to get a hangover, so extra-impressive! Although mine are so bad these days (damn ageing!) that I've also cut down a fair bit!

I think it is a genetic thing, my mum never gets them either. My dad and brothers do though. Hehe. I'm a single mum and I don't like the idea of the possibility of being drunk and him needing me. Before then I just worked all the time, and really anti-social hours. Occasionally, when it is hot and sunny I will have a beer, but when is it ever hot and sunny! Haha.

Hey Kay, I have good news for you.... This thread is for people in the 14s working down to the 13s. If you are in the 13s you need the 13 to 12 stone thread. :) congratulations :)

I have weigh in tomorrow, let's see what my mad body has done this week!

I'm now down to 14 stone exactly! I can feel the 13s calling me. :) Feel so motivated to get there now, only 5 weeks till the wedding dress fitting and I'd like to lose at least another half a stone. Time to step it up a bit and get exercising!! How did everyone else do?

Maintained this week - which I am very happy with considering the alcohol I drank on friday night (bottles of westons cider at 25 syns each, a bottle of buckfast at however many, and a bottle of pinot grigio, and about 200ml of sloe gin, ooof!). I never find the alcohol effects my losses much, slows me down a lot though, and at best I have a half pound off, or a maintain. But I don't tend to snack much when I drink, also I don't really fancy eating on a hangover which must help too. Plus I can't eat takeaways (and they are disguising!! eugh) so no temptation to buy a greasy kebab or pizza on the way home. I also think all of my hyperactive running about when drunk burns some of it off!!

Either way I was expecting a little more damage, so a maintain is great. I am going to aim for another pound for next week (got a wedding on sat though so must be extra good!!) to get me to 14 dead on...then aiming to smash into the 13's the week after with a clear week :)

Weighed in this morning - 2.5 pounds down and 1 1/2 stone in total in 10 weeks.

Well done Mandlegrot, kayea & cazdav, really great results all round - managing your weight while living a normal life is the biggest challenge, Mandlegrot, so well done on maintaining, such a relief when that happens. And 1.5 stone in 10 weeks is AMAZING cazdav, what's your secret?! And 5lbs is a fanTAStic start, kayea, no wonder you're pleased, you've done so well!

:happy096: all round!

Abi x

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I was 13.13 even after another naughty weekend.. Friday is weigh day though so I'm staying with you til then :)

Oh wow 5.5 stone award!!!! I have been chasing my 2 stone award for months now lol. I'll probably get my 5.5 stone award, and that will be right close to target :) I can only hope to do so well as you!

Rochelle - keep a seat warm for me, I hope to join ya next week ;)

Back