From 14 stone to 13 stone

Hiya, I'm Tallis, I'm 29 and my weight last weigh in was 14st5lb. Weighing in tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed to loose again this week!

welcome tallis

thanks anna :)

Oh MrsMcNab that's great. Keep those lbs slipping off.

claire, don't be downhearted, it is better than you expected :)

Guess what I did today? Fitted in another size 14 dress! and I tried on a 16 jacket thinking it wouldn't fit over my fat arms but there was loads of room :) woop here is to everyone shrinking!

Woo hoo, hello size 14! That's so exciting, Fran - I reckon I've got another 7 to 10lbs to lose and I'll be there myself, which will be a happy day indeed - it'll open up so many more shopping possibilities. Eeeek! :dooney: :D

Welcome Tallis! :wavey: Lovely to have you with us, although hopefully not for too long on this particular thread!

Thank you, Anna - couldn't agree more! As long as the number on the scales is going down, I'm happy!

So, yes, hooray for everyone here doing so well, and here's to another great week!

Wow fran that's fab news!! Really is brill!

My current aim is to get back into a really pretty size 14 summer dress. It still fits but my belly looks enormous in it! I wore it on a night out once an felt really good in it, then I started to pile the weight back on :( I will wear that again this summer!

Well done ladies and here's to another fab week for us all.

Gained 0,5lb at todays weigh in :( So confused as I was sure everything I ate was on plan... I guess I'll need to eat more veg, can't stand veg lol. Any ideas for ways to make veg taste not so..... veggie?

I quite often add sweet potato, butternut squash or carrot (or all of them instead of) mash potatoes on a cottage pie etc.
Do you not like any veg? Stir fry? Home made salsa and dip SW wedges in? I often add various vegetables and a tin of 9p asda mushy peas to a spag bol, stew or curry or something - when its all in together you wont even notice ;) What do you like to eat?

Gained 0,5lb at todays weigh in :( So confused as I was sure everything I ate was on plan... I guess I'll need to eat more veg, can't stand veg lol. Any ideas for ways to make veg taste not so..... veggie?

How about roasting them? I don't really like boiled veg but find if i spray them with some frylight and put them in the oven they taste so much nicer.
One of my fav meals is Peppers stuffed with couscous and cheese, the couscous takes away from the taste of the veg.

Am stupidly excited to be joining a new group tonight! Was going to do it alone from home as have all the books etc but a bit of moral support and its literally across the road from a huge sainsburys so ill go shopping straight after class and stock up on saintly goodies :)

Anna that is brilliant. I find group central to my having done so well so far (she says before a weigh in when she knows she is going to gain!) And being able to go straight out and do a shop is a bonus! Just make sure you don't shop when hungry!

I'm afraid I love veg, always have done (of course I do, it is food afterall) so I dont know what help I will be. I did used to grate courgette and dice mushrooms really small to hide them from my brother in my biryani. It worked until someone blabbed!

We went out in the sun today, and got to the toddler group that Nate usually sleeps through, and as I walked in one of the mums exclaimed, "look at you! You've lost so much weight!" Then after she asked how much I had lost and I told her she said she couldn't believe I needed to lose that much as it didn't look it. Yes it did, she is sweet. And didn't think I needed to lose more. I was beaming!

So much awesomeness.

STS again this week. I think I'll be in this group forever...

I am so very proud of myself! OH suggested a BBQ, and while he enjoyed quarter pounders and white rolls, I had quorn sausages and wholemeal bread (as HEx). I know this doesn't sound like much but it's a mini victory for me! Yey!
xx

I am so very proud of myself! OH suggested a BBQ, and while he enjoyed quarter pounders and white rolls, I had quorn sausages and wholemeal bread (as HEx). I know this doesn't sound like much but it's a mini victory for me! Yey!
xx

I did the same last year, it gives you the best feeling knowing you've resisted and stayed on plan. Well done you! Xx

That is fabulous missRV! I smell your 4.5 stone award coming your way soon.

Oh Wii, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know why you maintained at all?

I had a meal out on Saturday night but didn't go crazy. I'm hoping it'll show up next week.

well done welshcake. We do slimming world BBQs... you have never seen as much food in your life! Definitely tasty, and everyone wants to eat all the SW food!

Ah, I hate it when you go out, compromise things to fit in with the plan, and then don't get a loss. It does feel like you've been robbed, but keep going and you will kick arse. Minky Dinky lost 6lbs this week after a disappointing WI last week. Astonished and so so pleased for her!

I've got WI in the morning. I will most certainly still be here but here's hoping I will keep going to get 1 stone off by mid July.

Back