From 14 stone to 13 stone

Well here I am again.... Fell off the wagon after the summer holidays and managed to put on a stack of weight:( First weigh in back tonight so fingers crossed.

Hun, it is best to weigh yourself else you don't know where you are starting from.

HP, my consultant gained 10lbs on a 10 day holiday. 7lbs was off in days because it isn't solid fat yet, just fluid in the system. So dont get disheartened, it isn't the end.

I try to think of if I was running a race, just against myself, and I fell over, would I walk back to the start each time I fell down and wait to run the whole thing again, or would I pick myself up, dust myself down and keep going until I got to the end? Gains don't do the damage, it is our reaction to them that determines how we get on. And I fall over plenty!
This is so true! SW is a long term plan - so what if we slow down, or stop occasionally? It is the starting to eat healthily again that is the key to losing weight, and keeping it off :)

Well I'm back on the wagon. After months of faffing about with the plan and not going to class. I had a break and web back and rejoined as a new member. Complete fresh start. So after weighing in I find myself in the 14's and desperate to drop into the stone below. So here's to my first week back on plan and hopefully a loss to take me nearer to my goal :)

Back on it after a week off plan, WI tomorrow so i'll know the damage i've done. I have lowered my target weight today, it was previously 11st but it was so daunting looking at my stats and seeing i had 3 + stone to lose.

Doing the 7lbs at a time challenge too, breaks it down and makes it seem much easier :) x

[QUOTE="Franalamadingdong;] if I was running a race, just against myself, and I fell over, would I walk back to the start each time I fell down and wait to run the whole thing again, or would I pick myself up, dust myself down and keep going until I got to the end? Gains don't do the damage, it is our reaction to them that determines how we get on. And I fall over plenty![/QUOTE]

Great way to look at it :)

Well first weigh in complete -7lbs so it was a quick hello and goodbye from me...

Gains don't do the damage, it is our reaction to them that determines how we get on. And I fall over plenty!

quite possibly the most sensible thing i ever read regarding weight loss/gains.

thankyou.

im quoting you for my siggy if thats ok.

xxx

Well first weigh in complete -7lbs so it was a quick hello and goodbye from me...

thats fantastic!!

great stuff, and see you soon xx

That's fine Kay. Glad my ramblings made sense!

Well done to the losers and to the restarters who had the courage to go again :)

I lost another 1.5lbs this week. If I do it again next I will have lost 1 stone in 10 weeks and be entered into the prize draw! Woo.

Hun, it is best to weigh yourself else you don't know where you are starting from.

HP, my consultant gained 10lbs on a 10 day holiday. 7lbs was off in days because it isn't solid fat yet, just fluid in the system. So dont get disheartened, it isn't the end.

I try to think of if I was running a race, just against myself, and I fell over, would I walk back to the start each time I fell down and wait to run the whole thing again, or would I pick myself up, dust myself down and keep going until I got to the end? Gains don't do the damage, it is our reaction to them that determines how we get on. And I fall over plenty!

Definitely the reaction to it, last year went to same place on all inclusive and gained 11.5lb took me about a year to lose it as didn't get straight back on plan and then just played about with sw, this year I made wiser choices with food and drink and although expecting a gain tonight I got straight back on plan this week and intend to get the gain off as quick as I can this year x

This is so true! SW is a long term plan - so what if we slow down, or stop occasionally? It is the starting to eat healthily again that is the key to losing weight, and keeping it off :)

Healthy eating and changing our mind set is the key isn't it, sw is for life.

I lost 2 1/2stone in a few months, then it took about 6 months to get to 3 stone and then just mucked around for the last year, didn't gain after my holiday but didn't lose.. at least I know I'm good at maintaining!

This year I've been more focused though so lets hope its all our year x

I want out of this group!

No offence lol!

I've moved to the group below once before and it was my hardest jump yet! I'm just hoping it won't be so hard this time! 5lbs and ill be gone :)

Hope everyone's doing well! X

well done mandlegrot!!

see you soon xx

I'm out of here but the wrong way! In the 15's again.. I have to laugh or else I'll cry.. 8 1/2lbs on!!

Going on holiday however good I am makes me put on so much weight, good job I wasn't bad or it would have been even worse! X

I have just weighed and despite keeping to the plan 100% this week, I have only lost 1lb I am so disappointed :cry:
x

Back