From 14 stone to 13 stone

I usually do a lot more walking but was off for three days last week and I think that might be it but I'm doing a mini marathon in just under two weeks time, I could walk over 30km a week most weeks

It looks like I will be staying here for good, got up on my own scales and truth be told I will be lucky if I stay the same even though I drank 2 litres of water everyday and stuck to plan 100% every day, gosh there is only so much I can take when it goes up and down all the time, I'm totally fed up been the same weight for the last two months more or less

I'm sorry you are feeling fed up Orla - you have had a lot to deal with recently and I know the number on the scales is important, but it's not the whole picture - look how far you have already come - don't give up, we are all here with you to support you, keep going lovely!! On the practical side, have you tried shaking up what you are eating, changing things and trying new recipes sometimes helps as it keeps the body on it's toes and helps keep you interested?

It looks like I will be staying here for good, got up on my own scales and truth be told I will be lucky if I stay the same even though I drank 2 litres of water everyday and stuck to plan 100% every day, gosh there is only so much I can take when it goes up and down all the time, I'm totally fed up been the same weight for the last two months more or less

I'm sorry you are feeling fed up Orla - you have had a lot to deal with recently and I know the number on the scales is important, but it's not the whole picture - look how far you have already come - don't give up, we are all here with you to support you, keep going lovely!! On the practical side, have you tried shaking up what you are eating, changing things and trying new recipes sometimes helps as it keeps the body on it's toes and helps keep you interested?

I'm not much use to you at the moment Orla, I am not sticking to plan 100% at all, but some good advice there from Mandy.

Following on from that- have you reduced the size of your portions? I know SW says to eat until satisfied, and I'm not suggesting you should go hungry, but maybe your portions are too big now that you've lost so much? Could be you don't need as much to be full but are still dishing up the same size meals out of habit?

It's so frustrating when you've been 100%, but stick at it, and keep posting here. We'll figure it out!

Mandy, thanks for that, I was thinking of changing things around a bit but not sure what and I dont seem to have the time to try something new or maybe I'm feeling a bit fed up to even make an effort if that makes sense.

Niamh, I thought of that too, maybe I am eating too big a portion and I do think I have to reduce my treat a bit as I reckon that is affecting my weight loss, also, I didnt do a whole lot of walking this week and that can show on the scales either by a sts or a gain

Thanks again, I dont feel so bad now, it is lovely to get some good advice and kind words when your feeling a bit low which is how I'm feeling today

Managed a litre and half of water today yay

Portion size is a problem with sw and I stopped losing even though I was 100% when I did it a few years ago. Basically I was eating unlimited but I don't think it was what they intended! The flaw is that if you are the type of person who is often overweight by some way (like I am), and is an emotional eater or just enjoys it, then you can eat lots but there are still calories there waiting to pounce onto my hips!! I now have to control what unlimited means for carbs and protein!

Weight this morning: 13st 12's
Weight home from work: 14st 1.

2 full days to get through til weigh-in

After a disappointing loss of 0.5lb last week (my own fault though as I found it hard to stick to plan over a couple of days when I was prepping for a job interview, being interviewed and then celebrating getting the job!) this week I lost 2.5lbs meaning I am now at 14.1.5 so I'm hoping to be in the 13's in the next week or two.

After a disappointing loss of 0.5lb last week (my own fault though as I found it hard to stick to plan over a couple of days when I was prepping for a job interview, being interviewed and then celebrating getting the job!) this week I lost 2.5lbs meaning I am now at 14.1.5 so I'm hoping to be in the 13's in the next week or two.
Well done on the new job & weight loss x

13st 12's again this morning. I have been eating a lot of pasta so I wonder if that is slowing me down this week?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I got on the scales yeaterday morning for a sneak and wish i hadn't as today i'm different again still showing a loss but not as much.....I MUST NOT GO ON SCALES AGAIN TILL FRIDAY....LOL

Stuck to the 2 litres of water every day except yesterday as it was my weigh in day and am thrilled to say I was down 0.5Ibs yesterday evening, it is all going in the right direction so happy with that, now I need a big loss next week and hopefully I will get closer to the 13's and my six stone award

Stuck to the 2 litres of water every day except yesterday as it was my weigh in day and am thrilled to say I was down 0.5Ibs yesterday evening, it is all going in the right direction so happy with that, now I need a big loss next week and hopefully I will get closer to the 13's and my six stone award

Well done on the 0.5lbs Orla! I managed to drink some more water when I got home so just about drank 1Ltr, will try to do better today

Thanks Mandy, I have drank 1.5 litres this morning so this is going to be a regular thing and fingers crossed I will get used to it over time

I'm meeting some women who are on a facebook page, they are all members of slimming world in Ireland, this will be on Saturday so I would love to go walking lots this week and walk into place where we are meeting, hopefully this wont sabotage my weight loss for next week

Thanks Mandy, I have drank 1.5 litres this morning so this is going to be a regular thing and fingers crossed I will get used to it over time

I'm meeting some women who are on a facebook page, they are all members of slimming world in Ireland, this will be on Saturday so I would love to go walking lots this week and walk into place where we are meeting, hopefully this wont sabotage my weight loss for next week

That sounds like fun :) I'd love to meet up with my friends on Mins, but everyone seems to be a long way away.

In a country like Ireland it is so much easier to meet up, we are a lot smaller than the UK, this is my first time and I'm looking forward to meeting up with them but I'm not sure will I eat there as I really want a loss next Tuesday, fingers crossed it wont sabotage that

Back