From 14 stone to 13 stone

Have fun Orla, hope you're going somewhere nice! Sure, you'll all be wanting the healthy option :D Is it lunch or dinner? I find it easier to stick to plan for lunch out, than dinner.

It is lunch but not sure will I indulge as I want that loss next week, it is in the Church Bar opposite Jervis Street Shopping Centre so I plan to go up early and walk from Heuston to there, it is a nice walk there up the quays and then hopefully go for the healthy option if there is one (fingers crossed)

ooh I love The Church. The food is lovely. Haven't been in ages though, so can't tell you about the menu. You can probably get an idea on their website? Such a handy spot too.

I saw some of the dishes Niamh and they all look laden with syns so not sure what to have, I can always have them put the sauces aside and see can they do that, definitely going to make a trip to Debenhams after as there is a big sale on there and I have my reward points to use before 12th June

Come on all - let's stay off those scales! I have started weighing every morning but it's bad news, It's the way to pain and misery and changes all day every day. Could that be our next challenge maybe? Weigh only once a week? It gets you down when you see a gain, or you lose and you're on a high til the next day when you gain etc etc. soul destroying. I weighed night before weigh in and was 5 lb heavier than I was at weigh in and I lost it as it turns out, totally unnecessarily. Any takers for doing this with me or are we all too addicted?!

Come on all - let's stay off those scales! I have started weighing every morning but it's bad news, It's the way to pain and misery and changes all day every day. Could that be our next challenge maybe? Weigh only once a week? It gets you down when you see a gain, or you lose and you're on a high til the next day when you gain etc etc. soul destroying. I weighed night before weigh in and was 5 lb heavier than I was at weigh in and I lost it as it turns out, totally unnecessarily. Any takers for doing this with me or are we all too addicted?!

I'm with you on this one. Sick of being miserable all day because the scales have crept up overnight! It makes me so moody. One time the scales said I had gained 5lbs on weigh in morning, I ended up going home from work early as I was so upset! In the end I had lost 2. No more weighing in until weigh in morning in for me.
Let's get someone to hide the scales for those who may struggle with this one x

Weight this morning 13st 12's
Weight this afternoon: 14st 0's.

Usually the consultant's scales weigh me approximately half a pound less than my own do too. Official weigh-in tomorrow - am very nervous.

I'm with you on this one. Sick of being miserable all day because the scales have crept up overnight! It makes me so moody. One time the scales said I had gained 5lbs on weigh in morning, I ended up going home from work early as I was so upset! In the end I had lost 2. No more weighing in until weigh in morning in for me. Let's get someone to hide the scales for those who may struggle with this one x

Great so tonight I will ask my hubby to hide the scales and bring them out Tuesday am. Relieved it's not just me who gets wound up about it. I got myself in such a state night before weigh in and it made me feel horrid on weigh in day even though I had a good loss in the end. Part of being healthy with our weight is the mental side and weighing once a day (or numerous times) is just not right and won't help us on the long run. I mean, what do we think we are achieving? We can't do more than stick to the plan can we?!. Weighing is part of my morning routine. Up, weigh, shower etc. I don't want quarter pound changes to ruin my day!!

I'm with you, I keep stepping on mine even though they vary by about 7lb so I know they're wrong!

That's why I don't bother about the quarter pounds and just weigh in full stones and pounds. I'm not sure I could give up weighing - I'm addicted. When I don't weigh daily my willpower goes out of the window as I don't "see" results and I eat more.

That's why I don't bother about the quarter pounds and just weigh in full stones and pounds. I'm not sure I could give up weighing - I'm addicted. When I don't weigh daily my willpower goes out of the window as I don't "see" results and I eat more.

...but what if it's lower - doesn't that make you down? Try doing it every 2 days maybe?

Hi everyone, 3.5 down which brings me to 14st 8.5lbs - I can't wait to be in the 13's - I feel like i've given myself so much extra work to do having to loose this cheeky extra 1.5 stone that i've put on since my previous heaviest weight!!

I understand different views about weighing daily - i'm updating with my weekly (official weigh in), however I think i will try and get in the habit of weighing myself daily or every couple of days, as being happily unaware of the figures on my scales has been what has let go so wrong and get to where I alm (as well as all that I have eaten during this time lol!). However I know that weighing regularly/daily doesn't work for everyone.
J xx

Lost 3.5lbs. 1lb more and I'll be in the 13s! :)

Hi girls. Was here before Christmas at bang on 14 stone but an operation and bad eating brought me back up to 14st 12!!! Very naughty but had to stop before I hit the 15s again. Weigh in tomorrow for week 1 back on track and looking forward to getting back down cluster to those 13s. Love the inspiration on here. Xx

Hi everyone, 3.5 down which brings me to 14st 8.5lbs - I can't wait to be in the 13's - I feel like i've given myself so much extra work to do having to loose this cheeky extra 1.5 stone that i've put on since my previous heaviest weight!!

I understand different views about weighing daily - i'm updating with my weekly (official weigh in), however I think i will try and get in the habit of weighing myself daily or every couple of days, as being happily unaware of the figures on my scales has been what has let go so wrong and get to where I alm (as well as all that I have eaten during this time lol!). However I know that weighing regularly/daily doesn't work for everyone.
J xx

I'm working on weight that crept up on me too after giving up last year. 14st exactly was where I ended last year so that's one of my goals. Sickened I let myself get to 15st 10. Anyhoo, halfway to the first goal and ready to take it further this time! Best of luck!

I'm working on weight that crept up on me too after giving up last year. 14st exactly was where I ended last year so that's one of my goals. Sickened I let myself get to 15st 10. Anyhoo, halfway to the first goal and ready to take it further this time! Best of luck!

We've all done it. I started at 15-1 jan 13 and got to 13-2 by end of April 13 - restarted recently back at 15-1. Oops. Although in the past I have got annoyed and upset I now think 'the time wasn't right'- but now it is!

WOOHOO I've bloody gone and done it. Official weigh-in tonight and I am just a shade under fourteen stone at 13st 13.5lbs so I'm afraid I'm leaving you guys. But I'll keep popping in to see how you are doing and I'm sure it won't be soon before I see you on the other side.

AND....as 12 stone is my interim target it now means I have lost more weight than I have got left to lose now :-D

Thanks for the support.

WOOHOO I've bloody gone and done it. Official weigh-in tonight and I am just a shade under fourteen stone at 13st 13.5lbs so I'm afraid I'm leaving you guys. But I'll keep popping in to see how you are doing and I'm sure it won't be soon before I see you on the other side. AND....as 12 stone is my interim target it now means I have lost more weight than I have got left to lose now :-D Thanks for the support.

Congrats!!

Well done yo-yo-dieter!!! Hoping to join you next week as I have made it back down to 14st bang on :) Been here before but went off track and gained again. Getting under 14st will be a huge boost for me and will hopefully change my mindset. Shopping later today so menu plan on the go right now!!! xx

WOOHOO I've bloody gone and done it. Official weigh-in tonight and I am just a shade under fourteen stone at 13st 13.5lbs so I'm afraid I'm leaving you guys. But I'll keep popping in to see how you are doing and I'm sure it won't be soon before I see you on the other side.

AND....as 12 stone is my interim target it now means I have lost more weight than I have got left to lose now :-D

Thanks for the support.

Bye bye Yo Yo - hope to join you soon x

Back