From 14 stone to 13 stone

Thank you :) this is the first time I've been on here (I registered yesterday) and everyone seems so nice I think it'll give me the kick up the butt that I need. I'm doing Slimming World from home rather than going to group meetings so I need as much support as I can get :) and seeing everyone elses journeys definitely helps!

its been a bit of an up and down day today, started well at 5:30 with a run, then work and breakfast with beans, mushrooms and tomatoes, then mhy leaving drinks, chips for everyone else but jacket with Tuna for me, so at this point I was feeling pretty good and on track....then home to 2 hi fi bars and champagne and wine and BBQ with shop bought stuff - not happy with husband, I prefer to do my own (knowing the syns).....blown it, hoping the rest of the week has been sufficient to keep it going.....did manage to get into work trousers which were previously too small......very mixed day!

Hi everyone. I finally made it here after losing 2lb yesterday. It's taken me longer than I'd hoped but very excited & hoping that things are going to start moving again for me. Nice to see so many faces I recognise :D

Hi everyone. I finally made it here after losing 2lb yesterday. It's taken me longer than I'd hoped but very excited & hoping that things are going to start moving again for me. Nice to see so many faces I recognise :D
Well done :)

Well only lost a pound this week, not surprising really....I must learn to say NO to them fish and chips :(:( Having said that its better a pound off than on!!

Well only lost a pound this week, not surprising really....I must learn to say NO to them fish and chips :(:( Having said that its better a pound off than on!!

Bacon & fish & chips are evil. Well done with a pound off :)

I saw the 13's for a small moment, got very excitex but moved scales and it went back to a sts 14st 2 so I won't cheat and take the first 13st12 reading.
I'm still here for another week or so only I hope :)

Denise your on, I think you may get there before me though, even though I was 100% on plan all, ate loads of super free and did loads of body magic, it looks like I have a sts :cry::cry::cry:

Gosh this is so hard, I try really hard and yet I cant get into the 13's. I will stick to it guys but it is so frustrating when you put in the effort, eat melon till it comes out of my ears and walk like I'm nearly running and yet it doesnt show on the scales. I weigh myself every Monday and Tuesday morning so maybe tomorrow morning it might show a loss of some sort. It doesnt help that I have a lot going on at home too, my Mam has to go for a MRI this Thursday because her six month check up (had cancer a 2nd time August 2012) she had a scan and it showed up a blockage of some sort, the doctor thinks it may be gall stones but he asked for the hospital to do an urgent MRI and even though it is probably nothing, you just never know and that is a worry. One of my brothers has a bad drink problem too and we are trying to get him into an addiction centre to go dry and he isnt very well at the moment.

The way I see, my weight loss is what is keeping me going, I need to hear some good news just to keep the spirit and motivation up, very hard when my only sister is on holidays at the moment and I'm meant to step in in case anything happens

Sorry rant over, ignore my post

Denise your on, I think you may get there before me though, even though I was 100% on plan all, ate loads of super free and did loads of body magic, it looks like I have a sts :cry::cry::cry:

Gosh this is so hard, I try really hard and yet I cant get into the 13's. I will stick to it guys but it is so frustrating when you put in the effort, eat melon till it comes out of my ears and walk like I'm nearly running and yet it doesnt show on the scales. I weigh myself every Monday and Tuesday morning so maybe tomorrow morning it might show a loss of some sort. It doesnt help that I have a lot going on at home too, my Mam has to go for a MRI this Thursday because her six month check up (had cancer a 2nd time August 2012) she had a scan and it showed up a blockage of some sort, the doctor thinks it may be gall stones but he asked for the hospital to do an urgent MRI and even though it is probably nothing, you just never know and that is a worry. One of my brothers has a bad drink problem too and we are trying to get him into an addiction centre to go dry and he isnt very well at the moment.

The way I see, my weight loss is what is keeping me going, I need to hear some good news just to keep the spirit and motivation up, very hard when my only sister is on holidays at the moment and I'm meant to step in in case anything happens

No we won't ignore your post Orla, we are all here to support each other and it sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment *hugs*

I know how frustrating it is to stick to plan, exercise and not see a loss, sometimes our bodies hang on to the weight esp. if we are stressed. Try some deep breathing and give yourself a non-food based treat. You are doing brilliantly, keep going xx

Thanks Mandy, I knew when I saw you posted that you would give me a boost and that is exactly what I need. I totally refuse to let myself go, I did this before and slowly but surely my weight crept up to 20st so never going back there again, even if I maintain this weight then I will accept this.

I did update my signature (my non food based treat) as I have reached platinum level in body magic so I'm very proud of this and I buy nearly every weekend (got a gorgeous sun dress in Promod on sale and I will be wearing this tomorrow for my weigh in (definitely when I smaller size nice dress fits me I wear it first on a Tuesday, it makes me feel I'm doing something right) and I also got a top in warehouse on sale too.

It did enter my head this is why I'm not seeing a loss as I'm so stressed at the moment so I think I will try and relax today and tomorrow and enjoy our fabulous weather (very sunny here in the middle of Ireland) and see does it show on the scales tomorrow evening .

Thanks Mandy I really appreciate it

Thanks Mandy, I knew when I saw you posted that you would give me a boost and that is exactly what I need. I totally refuse to let myself go, I did this before and slowly but surely my weight crept up to 20st so never going back there again, even if I maintain this weight then I will accept this.

I did update my signature (my non food based treat) as I have reached platinum level in body magic so I'm very proud of this and I buy nearly every weekend (got a gorgeous sun dress in Promod on sale and I will be wearing this tomorrow for my weigh in (definitely when I smaller size nice dress fits me I wear it first on a Tuesday, it makes me feel I'm doing something right) and I also got a top in warehouse on sale too.

It did enter my head this is why I'm not seeing a loss as I'm so stressed at the moment so I think I will try and relax today and tomorrow and enjoy our fabulous weather (very sunny here in the middle of Ireland) and see does it show on the scales tomorrow evening .

Thanks Mandy I really appreciate it

Ooh Congratulations on the platinum body magic, that's really good :) Have a lovely day in the sun (slap on the suncream though :D) xx

I totally agree with everything Mandy has said. You're doing amazing especially considering the stress you're under. Your stats are fantastic & speak for themselves. I lost 3.5 stone a couple of years ago after my Mam died & then put it all back + a bit when my Dad died. It's taken me a long time to feel ready to start again but this time I am determined to make it stick & not put it back on.
Congratulations on your platinum award, it takes a huge commitment to get that. You've got a fantastic amount of willpower & determination. I hope the support you get on mims will help keep you motivated. I'm sure that you'll get past this blip in your weight loss & be back to posting fab loses soon. Then we'll all be trying to catch you up & follow you into the 14's. Enjoy your chilling time in the sun :cool:
Stef x

Thanks Mandy and Steph, you know how to cheer up a kinda sad person at the moment. I know it is so easy to say just let it go but I cant as I have worked way too hard to get where I am today and I'm not prepared to let that go

Finishing at 4pm this evening, going over to my precious Mam and then have to get waxing done (the joys of PCOS) and then I'm going to get up on the trampoline this evening and totally relax with DH :p:p:p

Thank you so much, you have put a smile on my face and I do get lots of support here Steph, I simply love my online friends (by the way it is great to see you here, I missed you)

Hey Orla, sorry to hear you are feeling down. You are doing amazingly well ( better than me!) keep the faith, you know how to lose weight and you have lost so much already. Sometimes your body just doesn't want to let go at that point, you watch.. If not this week, then next week... You will have a great loss.
Hope things improve in your life, stress does cause you to hold on to weight, so relax have a day off in the sunshine and relax and enjoy life... Life is so much better at nearly 13 stones than it was at 20 stone x

Hey Orla, sorry to hear you are feeling down. You are doing amazingly well ( better than me!) keep the faith, you know how to lose weight and you have lost so much already. Sometimes your body just doesn't want to let go at that point, you watch.. If not this week, then next week... You will have a great loss.
Hope things improve in your life, stress does cause you to hold on to weight, so relax have a day off in the sunshine and relax and enjoy life... Life is so much better at nearly 13 stones than it was at 20 stone x

Hey Anju - nice to see you xx

You poor thing, you're going through an awful lot at the moment. I agree, stress doesn't help weight-loss at all. But having it as a focus during this time will stand to you. It's something steady and constant to do, while the rest of the world seems turned on its head. You might not get the result you want this week, but it's waiting for you, and if it takes a couple more weeks... well in the long run, so what? You're taking control of your own health and life, which in turn will benefit your mum and your brother.

I hope you've a nice evening cuddled up with your DH later, and try to put everything else aside for a little while.

And we're always here ;) you do the same for us xx

Gosh it doesnt take too much to turn on the water works with me this week, every time I think of my brother and Mam I just cry and I need a bucket now as they are never far away.

Anju, that is what keeps me going, I know at some stage I will have that loss that will give me the six stone and get me into the 13's but I have come so far I'm not prepared to throw it away (apart from the fact that I'm getting compliments galore even a car stopped in the middle of traffic yesterday and said to me I looked fabulous - I know him so now I'm getting traffic stopped for me which never happened before !!!)

Niamh, I think you might be right about the stress and retaining weight, I heard this before and this could be affecting my weight loss a lot. I know I will get it as I'm always on plan and there is nothing coming up in the next few weeks to hinder that and at some stage I will look back and think what was I worried about.

I had a lovely evening with DH and it was just nice and relaxing. We are getting great weather in Ireland at the moment and I spent a good bit outside yesterday evening. I find lately I'm spending more time with my Mam, I think I'm aware that this MRI could say she has cancer (hoping not) and I dont want to think any further than that. I came into work today as I cant just sit at home thinking and crying and worrying about what might be so I need to keep busy but I think I will take a half day and go into Mams after and just try and relax and then go to slimming world after

Fingers crossed tonight I will be posting a loss of some sort

Send some of that nice weather our way, it has been grey and wet up here the last 2 days! :mad:

Good luck with W/I later x

Hey Orla.

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. It often feel important to be in control of something (i.e. weight loss) when there are bad things happening around you that are outside of your control. I really hope your mam is ok, and that you get good news. She sounds like a tough cookie!

I've had an addict in my family so I can really empathise the situation you're in with your brother. Just remember that he has to decide to help himself, nobody else can stop him drinking, he has to really want it. He'll get there, and he'll be lucky to have such a supportive sister there when he's ready to accept help.

Best of luck with your weigh in tonight!

Back