From 14 stone to 13 stone

I totally agree on what Anju said. I have to say I have a friend who says the same to me and even though I said to her that I would go out to wherever she wants to go but still it wont stop her from jibbing away at me and looking back now she can be quite nasty, somebody else said to me that she is jealous and I hate to say it but I agree with this.

You said to them that you were happy to go along to wherever they want to go but still your friend said it was awkward, that is not nice to say.

Thanks guys! Im feeling much better about it now. I did speak to her about it the next day and she apologised and said that she is actually really proud/happy for me and that I make her want to eat more healthy so hopefully it was just the drink talking! I guess it is hard as i used to be the one suggesting the bad food etc so may take a while for people to accept the healthier me (although im still up for having treats now and again ;) )

Had a good week at weigh in and lost another 3.5lbs taking me to 14stone 9.5lbs also got SOTM so am super determined to stick at this! :)

Hope you are all having a good week so far xx

Last edited:
Just warning you all in advance but it looks like I will be back in this category tonight, only short of a miracle I have gained a lot but I know why, it is * week and also I ate out twice this weekend (had no option but to and I even picked the healthy option)

Nope, sorry, we aren't taking you back, if you're up, it's a blip and you'll have it back off next week :p

You previously mentioned the meds you're on Orla. They make you retain more fluid around star week. It's not a genuine gain if you go and you're up so please don't be too disheartened.

BrokenMirrors, I have to say hand on my heart this has been the toughest week of my life and it just keeps building up and getting worse. I got awful upset this morning as yesterday when I got up on the scales it looked a sts but today a very definite gain. I will go and I think I may just look away but will get right back tomorrow morning and start again and hopefully it will all be off again

You're an inspiration and you should be really proud of yourself.

I just feel awful that you're going to be upset with a gain, it's very obvious how hard you work to lose every single pound but I really hope you don't beat yourself up too much over it. Life happens sometimes and we just have to prioritise things aside from weight loss. It's hard to find the balance but you can't keep everything ticking over all the time. Your emotional well being is very important too and it's ok to put that first.

Thank you, those words mean a lot to me. One thing I wont do is give up and even though I will probably be quite emotional this evening, I will stick at it.

I've just weighed in at 14st 2.0lbs.. Those 13's are within reach!! :D

Just letting you all know that I won't be moving back here yet as I was down 1Ib yes total shock horror

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just letting you all know that I won't be moving back here yet as I was down 1Ib yes total shock horror

What do you mean " won't be moving back here YET" you aren't coming back at all. Keep moving forwards hun. Good luck and well done xxx

Woohoo that's fantastic! You are doing great and we all want to follow your example and join you in the 13's. Hope to be there soon x :)

Just catching up on minis...

Orla, well done m'dear especially with other things going on. Damn right we're not taking you back... we need you to make room for us on next thread, so when all those 13s wonder who we are you can say "Oh her? Yeah we used to hang out in 14s... she's the business"

Seriously though, keep the chin up, and you'll do just fine xx

Gosh I have to say I miss ye all, I'm sure that is obvious because I keep coming back here and make sure to keep in touch

I wasnt expecting that loss at all yesterday evening but I certainly wont say no. I cant wait to see you all in the 13's and I will give you all a great introduction because you all deserve it, thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing you all in the 13's

Disastrous day diet wise yesterday - I was fine all day and on plan, but we went to friends for dinner and I had no idea what we would be served. We ended up with chicken baked with lemon and herbs, salad, baked new potatoes and strawberry pavlova for afters. The chicken was given to me on the plate so I couldn't refuse it (I'd been on my usual green day until then) so that was all syns and I asked for a very small portion of pavlova and was served a big piece. I did manage to hand some of the chicken to my OH and leave a bit of the pavlova, but I didn't want to be rude :sigh: I was also poured a glass of white wine :rolleyes: It was such a lovely evening with my friends, but I fell like I've blown the diet. I weighed this morning and I've gained 4lbs!!!!! :eek:

It is very hard not to eat what is put in front of you, the age old saying about been polite and taking what is given to you comes to mind. You did very well to leave some of it behind Mandy but if you want to try and lose some of the weight then I would go on the melon morning noon and night (I know rotten but it always works for me)

It is very hard not to eat what is put in front of you, the age old saying about been polite and taking what is given to you comes to mind. You did very well to leave some of it behind Mandy but if you want to try and lose some of the weight then I would go on the melon morning noon and night (I know rotten but it always works for me)

Thanks Orla - I'll try that. I've got some melon and more being delivered tonight with the shopping.

Your welcome Mandy, melon can turn a gain into a loss and I'm proof of that

Not doing well at the moment my mojo has gone and it's * time for me so I want to eat chocolate by the bucket load which is unusual for me as normally I am not that mad on chocolate. Hopefully start again tomorrow.

Back