From 14 stone to 13 stone

If I carry on at this rate I'll have to rename this group '14 stone to 15 stone'!! Another 1lb on this week. I have been away for 3 days though so I am actually quite surprised it's not more. Now 14.11

Only 1lb on after 3 days away is fab! I've got 3 days away coming up this weekend and If I only put on 1lb (I suspect it will be more!) I will be very happy :)
Just knuckle back down to it and I'm sure you'll see a fab loss for next week. You can do it!

Well, despite the excellent advice above I didn't knuckle down and COMPLETELY lost my way. Surprised to have only put 2 on this week. I'm trying really hard to not throw the towel in. I can't bear being this weight but can't seem to do anything about it....then the self-loathing kicks in. Is anyone else as hard on themselves?

Can I please have some of your motivation?! You are completely in the zone and deservedly so. Fantastic achievement!

Enjoy your holiday, where you off to?

Notice it took a long while for me to reply ahem... well I went to Grand Cayman, Bahamas and then the US. But the food was mainly US food and so full of corn syrup and calories and although I asked for syn free pina coladas I really don't think they gave me any. I think went to Austria straight after for work. Now their cakes are worth every syn!

Put 11.5lbs on on holiday, bloody cocktails. Already got rid of 3 lbs so a few more to go. Must admit once you head off the rails it is easy to tail spin out of control. Trying to be good this week but two tubs of icecream did make it back from the supermarket last night. But at least it was the cheaper and less calorie laden type.

With this news about the sugar in Starbucks hopefully companies like Ben and Jerry start reducing the sugar content of their foods which would help reduce the syn value. These products are way too sweet for me (after I have gone cold turkey on them for a few days!)

My motivation is that my size 18 work trousers are hanging off me (to the point where people tell me to buy new clothes) but my thighs don't fit into the size 16s comfortably. Also if I keep crap food out of the house then I am pretty good overall, travel does not help.

Notice it took a long while for me to reply ahem... well I went to Grand Cayman, Bahamas and then the US. But the food was mainly US food and so full of corn syrup and calories and although I asked for syn free pina coladas I really don't think they gave me any. I think went to Austria straight after for work. Now their cakes are worth every syn!

Put 11.5lbs on on holiday, bloody cocktails. Already got rid of 3 lbs so a few more to go. Must admit once you head off the rails it is easy to tail spin out of control. Trying to be good this week but two tubs of icecream did make it back from the supermarket last night. But at least it was the cheaper and less calorie laden type.

With this news about the sugar in Starbucks hopefully companies like Ben and Jerry start reducing the sugar content of their foods which would help reduce the syn value. These products are way too sweet for me (after I have gone cold turkey on them for a few days!)

My motivation is that my size 18 work trousers are hanging off me (to the point where people tell me to buy new clothes) but my thighs don't fit into the size 16s comfortably. Also if I keep crap food out of the house then I am pretty good overall, travel does not help.
That sounds like one amazing trip! I've never been to the US but I remember my Mum saying she felt overfaced every time they ate out ( and she has a mean appetite!).

Well done for getting straight back on the wagon, 3 gone already and I'm sure the others will soon disappear.

I have the same thigh issue as you - my waist has always been a dress size smaller than my thighs, a real pain when trying to find jeans.

Keep up the great work!

Louise I'm the same! Jeans that I can get my thighs into gape horribly at the waist! I've always been a size smaller on top. One of my goals is to get small enough to wear jeans and be able to find a belt that fits around these hips!
How are you getting on Louise? I know you were struggling before hand. Don't give up though, we all stumble and beat ourselves up about it when we should be kinder to ourselves.

Well done Lolly! That's absolutely fab! I'm 14:4lb and weighing in tomorrow so I'm hoping to be moving down a group with you next week. It's absolutely amazing when you see a different stone number.

That sounds like one amazing trip! I've never been to the US but I remember my Mum saying she felt overfaced every time they ate out ( and she has a mean appetite!).

Well done for getting straight back on the wagon, 3 gone already and I'm sure the others will soon disappear.

I have the same thigh issue as you - my waist has always been a dress size smaller than my thighs, a real pain when trying to find jeans.

Keep up the great work!

Maybe it is the people who decide the jean proportion size and not us that are weird? I found that H&M super skinny jeans are quite good for a smaller waist than some others. Of course they are the most expensive in the shop at £49.99 a pair but try looking at them if you are in need. My thighs need to go away so I can attempt the size 16s again, problem a good 3kg from where I am at the moment.

2lbs off for me this week! :D
Weighed in at 14st 2 so, hopefully (fingers tightly crossed), if I'm a very good girl this week I can tootle off into the 13s :eek: That would be so so so amazing.
Well done you! Breaking into the next zone helps keep me on track too.

Since Bernie also has this issue, its obviously the people making jeans who are the problem, not us. I had someone take video of me in my wetsuit with a manatee in florida. I was surprised to see on film that my thighs looked quite small. Maybe it was the big manatee stood next to me but I am taking this as a positive!

Hi everyone,
I started 3 weeks ago:

7.5lb off first week
3lb week 2
These losses took me to 14st 8lb
Took Lollys advice re going the gym and hoping for another good loss
I've been v good again so far so if I don't lose any weight I'm putting it down to fluid retention from weight training!
Best of luck everyone this week

A lb loss for me this week which I'm very happy with after 3 days away.
That takes me down to 14:3. Really going to knuckle down and try my best to get into that next stone bracket asap.

Hey Paul, those are some awesome losses! Let us know how you get on at your next weigh in. And definetly drink loads of water if your exercising to try and combat the water retention problem.

Louise I'm the same! Jeans that I can get my thighs into gape horribly at the waist! I've always been a size smaller on top. One of my goals is to get small enough to wear jeans and be able to find a belt that fits around these hips!
How are you getting on Louise? I know you were struggling before hand. Don't give up though, we all stumble and beat ourselves up about it when we should be kinder to ourselves.

So far this week I have been completely 100%, gone right back to basics and I've even been using my food diary sheet thingy. Hoping to see a good loss on Sunday after 3 weeks of gains!

2.5lb loss for me this week. Not bad considering had a night out of drinks and an off plan pub lunch. Got to stay focused on a trip to Germany from Monday to Friday next week

The food diary magic worked, 7.5lbs off for me this week. Now 14st 5.5lb
wow well done you, thats huge. by any chance did you have a small loss the week before?

That's incredible Louise! Didn't think it was possible to lose that much in a week but it look like part of it could have been hidden losses from the weeks before.
Well done you for keeping up the determination, it paid off!

And we'll done Emma for your fab loss!

Hi everyone,
After going the gym I lost another 2lb so more than happy. Especially when a lot of members are grateful for just losing a pound. I went to Slimming World before xmas with my Mrs and we both lost 6lb in the first week. The inevitable happened and xmas got us off track. She decided not to go back as she said she could just weigh herself at home and stick to the plan. I was gutted as I wanted the support of a group.
So 3 weeks ago I went back on my own and I make sure I stay for the whole class. You can get some really good tips from other members. It was a hard thing to do as I am the only man that stays in a room of about 20 ladies.
Having lost over 12lb in 3 weeks I already have a size 36 pair of jeans that are going to the charity shop and my 34s feel comfortable. My other half said "Why don't you keep them in case you put the weight back on" That just made me more determined to get rid. If I need to buy new jeans it will be new designer 32" lol...
I was totally honest with the group today as at this point in the past I feel comfortable in my clothes and stop dieting and won't go back to class....and the vicious circle starts again....few drinks on night out following week at work as a reward...followed by take away.....followed by hangover sugar craving the next day...
This time I recognise the patterns and will remain committed to the classes to spur me on.
Anyway that's enough about me...keep plugging away Bernie this game is definitely a tortoise and hare situation. I have realised that despite my good losses at the start. I am aiming for 2lb a week now but I'm just looking at each mini goal....my next is 1 stone certificate hopefully next week, then getting in the 13 stone range..
I did look online for a model of 1lb of human body fat to take to class to spur people on. When you actually see it it's quite disgusting and to be able to hold it would give great motivation to those just losing small amounts as its a considerable size.
Well done Emma on your loss...a lot of the ladies are still losing a lot despite the alcohol intake. It's not so much the alcohol with me but the rubbish I eat afterwards!
That's fantastic what you have done Louise sticking with it. I'm not seeing this as a race to target and am very chilled about the diet.
Best of luck for next week everyone

Back