from cd to slimming world what was your loss plz

XlosingitX

Gold Member
has any of you left cambridge after losing weight then went onto slimming world green days what was your losses ??????? average weekly did you gain any at first ?? i plan to lose a few more stone on cd then move to sw any info please please :confused:

Last edited:
WOW! 59lb in 9 weeks - that's brilliant! Can I ask why you're leaving CD?

I can't answer your question, to be honest. You might have a gain the first week or so but you should still be able to lose with SW as you would with any other programme but it may not be as quick as with CD. However, you can fill up on lots of food and not be deprived so you have to do the pros and cons! For me, it's a healthy way of eating and something that I can stick to, for the most part, for the rest of my life.

well I did CD and switched to SW with success. I had a 1lb gain from my last WI on CD to my starting WI with SW. I found the switch easy and haven't looked back. So far the losses are there I have lost 9.5lbs in three weeks which isn't bad. The losses wont be as spectactular as CD and one thing I would say is I only do Red Days. I dont eat any Pasta, bread and only have wholegrain rice once a week, I also exercise 6 days a week for at least 25 minutes each day. I know that people do have success on both red and green days however when you move you will need to be careful as your body wont be used to carbs and green days are more carb heavy so you probably will experience a gain at the beginning. If you keep the fluid up and exercise though that gain (if you get one) will soon come off. hope that helps.

you should expect a gain when you first switch which is usually just water, it can be depresing when you have done so well to think your actually 'gaining' again but like 30fg said try and stick mainly with red at first then slowly introduce green days so you dont gain due to the carbs. you need to give your body time to really adjust though

but i dont like green days lol okfirst in answer to stacey i would like to lose maybe 4 stone more on cd i have no reason for leaving other than missing grub lol and ive done slimming world b4 so i no i like green days and if i lose 8 stone on cd i think thats enough time to stay on a vlcd i no my losses wont behuge on sw ,,, i dont mind even a pound a week will be cool did you do the mantanance plans on cd b4 u went to sw ?

Last edited:
o.k. I lost 21lbs on CD in three weeks. I had to come off for personal reasons. After speaking to my CDC she was happy I made the right decision. I didn't do any of the maintaence plans as I collapsed shortly before finishing CD so decided to move to SW. I had my last WI with CD on the Monday. I came off CD on the Wednesday. From the wednesday through to the sunday I ate portions less than a child would eat and didnt have carbs. On the following Monday I decided that I wanted to have one last meal so went out and had what I wanted ( I wont list it as you are on CD and its not fair). I joined SW on the wednesday and my starting Weight was 1lb more than my last weigh in on CD. Like I said so far I have had losses each week.

omg im so woried about this happening to me fainting ( and i dont think any one could pick me up !! well at least you have kept your 21 pounds off which is great thx for all the info xxxxxxx

dont worry about fainting, to be honest, if it was going to happen to you then it would have already. You are well into CD now so well done and good luck for future losses. xx

if you dont like red i suggest you try your best to eat 'superfree' meals when you first start, that is meals made from the food on the gold pages. some suggestions of things you can make from there would be omlettes, salads, fruit and yogurt, stir fries. this would be hard to stick to for a prolonged time but just to avoid you putting on too much during the switch it might be something you could try then just keep pasta, rice, potatoes and noodles down to a min and bulk your plate out with veg.

gold pages ? i dont have that in my book then again they are 4 years old lol so how long do you reckon i need to be carfull of carbs b4 i can happily stay on greeen days

in all honestly I would give it a week to gradually introduce carbs. after the week you should be o.k. Obviously every body is different so you will need to play it by ear a bit.

Hey NightNight,

How's things going? I am on CD at the moment and have lost 3st 8lb in 11 weeks. I am hoping to lose another st then switch to Slimming World. How did you get on? Did you gain much in your first few weeks? Did you do the maintenance before you switched? I am starting to miss food and have family starying this week who are on slimming world and have done some of my old recipes for them and cant wait to get back on it.
Who love to know how you got on.

Mandie

Hey NightNight,

How's things going? I am on CD at the moment and have lost 3st 8lb in 11 weeks. I am hoping to lose another st then switch to Slimming World. How did you get on? Did you gain much in your first few weeks? Did you do the maintenance before you switched? I am starting to miss food and have family starying this week who are on slimming world and have done some of my old recipes for them and cant wait to get back on it.
Who love to know how you got on.

Mandie
hey, i did not do very well did not do plan to the letter >

Last edited:
Back