From Frais V Nat Yog ... difference?

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Anyone know the difference between the two? I thought they were pretty much the same? xxx

FF is made with cheese!!! Which I didn't know prior to re feed! I can't really tell much difference with the taste, but I buy both just to trick my mind that I am eating something different lol. I think FF is that slight bit more thicker too.

Ah cool :) Thanks liz :) x

Wish I could find LF FF!!! I have looked and looked and looked and looked...get the message :)!!!!! Cant find it ANYWHERE near me....but I love Natural yoghurt anyway....just as well.

Have you tried a yoghurt/dill and cucumber dip Tanya? I think I have mentioned this one before...it is absolutely delish :)

You can either grate cucumber, but make sure you get rid of all the water or chop it very finely....then add in either fresh dill or dried dill with yoghurt. You can have it thick or quite runny...I love it with say homemade burgers, or even fish!

:)

I tried a bit of cucumber dipped in the FF today - yummy so i imagine id like the cucumber dip you mention :)

Iris - do you have a tesco near you? I got the LF FF from tesco! :)

Have you tried a yoghurt/dill and cucumber dip Tanya? I think I have mentioned this one before...it is absolutely delish :)
((Scribbles furiously in her 'snack' notebook)).....great for veg sticks.....

:D Thanks!! Any more?....

Irish - just mix LF FF with any spices (curry, chilli, thai, chinese, mixed herbs, paprika .... anything) and voila ... a nice healthy dip :)

Thanks Tanya. I'm off to try & work out a nice salsa one too? (Or look in Sainsbury's at the weekend for one! LOL!)

Oooooh i have a lovely slow cooked salsa chicken recipe - cant have it till after refeed though:

Slow Cooked Salsa Chicken
Serves 6

*4 chicken breasts
*1 cup salsa
*1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
*1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

1. Add the chicken to the slow cooker and cover with salsa and soup. Give it a stir.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (slow cooker dependant).
3. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
4. Serve :)

*serve with wholemeal rice (not included in the nutrional info)

Nutritional Info Per Serving

158calories
3.3g fat
0.9g fibre
24.3g protein
6.7g carbs

Just checked my from frais and its Tesco Light Choices 0.2g fat per 100g and its a 500g tub ... this is ok isnt it? x

Sounds great! LOL! I don't have a Tesco nearby though, hope Sainsbury's has something similar?
The salsa chicken sounds great, I'll definately try that one out too!
It's a salsa dip I'm really after?

Salsa dips are easy to make but they taste nothing like the ones you can buy :( lol Basically toms, basil, olive oil (i think)x

Just checked my from frais and its Tesco Light Choices 0.2g fat per 100g and its a 500g tub ... this is ok isnt it? x

That's the one I use, so I hope it is ok!!

Salsa recipe:

BBC - Food - Recipes: Raw salsa

Looks pretty simple to make ... maybe we are allowed a home made salsa on refeed seeing as we are allowed all the ingredients.

I make a salsa dip, quite similar to what the BBC recipe says.

try and get some nice big RED tomatoes...i know they are red but really ripe and juicy ones.....peel skin, chop up into tiny pieces, making sure you also catch all the juice.

Then get a red onion, and chop this very finely into small cubes.

Cucumber, again skin off, and cube very finely...

FRESH CORRIANDER....nicely chopped.

Mix with some olive oil/lemon and salt.

I make this a lot for the hubby, but if I am having it, I do make a separate one for me and miss out the oil, but the oil defo gives it a different dimension!!!!

LOVELY!!

TANYA, Yes, have a Tesco..dont like Tesco BUT I did even try there and they didnt have it either! so, I will keep looking..

I will check my Turkish cookbook for other dip recipes..as there are quite a few, although they all use olive oil (but I usually just omit this).

Yayy!! Thanks Iris! And thanks for that recipe Tanya!
I always thought there was peppers in salsa- duuh!! I must've been confusing them with chilli's!

:giggle:

Yayyyyy please do share some scrummy turkish dips iris - dont be keeping em all to yourself now! :p xxx

Back