From Roly Poly to Sensational Slimness

SmileyShazza

Hi everyone :)

So I thought I’d try starting a weight loss diary – not sure what I’ll write in it but if it helps keep me on the straight and narrow then it’s worth a try.

I’m Shazza, 35 from the UK. I’ve always struggled with my weight even as a teen when I lost 5 stone after being really badly bullied at school. Unfortunately over time the weight has slowly crept back on and I’ve decided that I need to do something about it once and for all.

I’m doing Slimming World as my friend and her sister have found it works for them and it seems a lot less messing around than some of the other eating plans available. I’m doing it at home using the books, website and any other resources I find :)

I’ve tried losing weight before but always lose motivation but this time I feel pretty determined that I can do this and have given myself a few pep talks to get myself in the right frame of mind.

I’m not posting my weight at the moment as I’m quite frankly ashamed of it but this is going to be the turning point now and I’m looking forward to shedding those pounds and going from rolly poly into sensational slimness :D

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

Hi shazza...

I don't know how much you want to lose...but if you are interested Im part of a group called *queensize to princess* -where we all have Loadddddddds to lose.
Please feel free to come and join us if you think it will help... everyone is so helpful and cheerful, and we pick each other up during the bad times and cheer each other on through the good ones....
Good luck with your weight loss.... :D

Hi Capricorn thanks for the welcome.

I might check out that group thanks - ideally I'd love to lose about 3 - 4 stone so a fair bit to go!

So this is what my menu looks like today, having an Extra Easy day today.

Breakfast

Fat Free Natural Yoghurt Free
14g Dorset Cereal Honey Granola 3.5 syns (won’t be buying this again!)
About 10 blueberries Free
Tropicana Orange Juice 100ml 2 syns (also not having this anymore once this carton is used up!)

Lunch

2 slices Ham – Free
2 slices wholemeal bread – HEB
Lettuce / Cucumber – Free
Banana – Free

Dinner

Gammon Steak – Free
Egg fried with Frylight – Free
100g McCain Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Potato Wedges – 3 syns
Peas boiled – Free
I might add a slice of pineapple to it as well which would be Free

Snacks

2 Babybel Light – part of HEA
White Grapes – Free
Sliced Cucumber – Free

Drinks

Decaff Coffee made with 1 serving Light Coffee Whitener – 1.5 syns
Water
Caffeine Free Diet Coke

Can anyone confirm with the HEA if say for instance you could have 6 mini babybel light or 250ml semi skimmed milk you could have half of each and still count that as your one HEA?

:8855:shazza-
Did you post your meal plan on "another" site earlier today? only Im sure I recognise it (it was 14g of cereal that gave it away)-how sad am I

Dont' worry about needing to lose 3-4st I need to lose about 8st now :p -Im sure you will do it...

So had another Extra easy day today and as I was off work I didn't need to have so many snacks. Started wondering if my main reason for mid morning snacking at work is habit rather than actual need.

Breakfast

Fat free natural yoghurt FREE
Blueberries FREE
Raspberries FREE
28g Dorset cereals Honey Granola 7 syns

Lunch

2 slices wholemeal bread HEB
Slice Ham FREE
Mixed salad/cucumber FREE
Banana FREE

Dinner

Jacket Potato FREE
Tuna in brine FREE
Salad (Cucumber / Tomatoes / Lettuce / Spring Onion) FREE
Heinz Light Mayo 1 tblspn 2 syns

Snacks

Fat free Natural yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries FREE
1 Babybel Light HEA

I read that you should try to have at least 5 syns a day. Can anyone confirm this for me?

It's my first weigh in tomorrow morning - am apprehensive but intrigued to see how I get on - crossing my fingers for good news :)

Big congrats on the loss, 3.5lbs how enviable! You must feel chuffed/proud :) Victory is yours dear, use it to motivate yourself for another week of healthy eating!

Alot of people find that they have better losses if they use some or all of their syns. Easch syn averages out at around 20 cals so they dont make an impact on your weight loss. HTH :)

Thanks ladies :)

At the moment I'm finding I've been using about 8 or 9 syns a day which is not too bad. Most of those is used up by the stupid granola that I brought - 7 syns per 28g serving :mad: will NOT be buying that again but need to use it up as hubby doesn't like it.

At least it has taught me that the granola wasn't a good choice as before I wouldn't have thought twice about it and would have assumed it was quite a good thing to have. I suppose we learn by these mistakes!

I'm definitely feeling motivated to carry on after that loss Kiki - it's great the way these things spur you on :D

Well done on your 1st weeks weigh loss. That's very impressive. And your menu's look scrumptious x

Thank you both :)

So Saturday I kind of went a little mad on the syns. I had a really busy day moving furniture around out of our bedroom so I could do some painting. I had breakfast but ended up working through lunch so in the evening I decided to treat myself with a pizza.

I chose a Weight Watchers pizza - was going to have the Ham and Pineapple one which is only 8.5syns for the whole pizza but changed my mind when I got to Asda as saw the Italian one and got that. Was really fed up when I got home and then found out it had 15 syns :mad: :mad: :(

So now I'm trying to claw back some of the extra syns I had on Saturday by having less everyday so it evens itself out a bit. Going to try and eat lots of SS foods this week which should help.

So today is an EE day and my menu looks like this:

Breakfast: Fat Free Yoghurt & Blueberries
Lunch: Chicken breast baked in oven with 1 tspn honey and wholegrain mustard (1.5syns) mixed salad and SW coleslaw (1 syn), 1 banana[/b]
Dinner: Not sure yet but am thinking jacket potato with low fat cheddar cheese (HEA) and baked beans.

I've got 5 days to claw it back and stick to plan ready for my next weigh in on Friday :)

I was a little bit naughty and weighed myself this morning as it’s mid week and I just like to have some kind of indication as to how I’m going and I have lost another 1.5lbs :) If I can stick to plan I should be able to keep that off and hopefully add to a it a little as I don’t officially weigh in till Friday.

Am having an extra easy day today and my menu looks like this……

Breakfast: Fat free natural yoghurt with blueberries
Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) lean ham, salad and a thin spread of Asda Low Fat lemon & Coriander Houmous on the bread so I don’t need any butter/spread (approximately 1.5 syns) 1 medium banana
Dinner: Steak, Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Wedges (3 syns) and salad

Snacks: Fresh Strawberries, Fresh Blueberries, Fresh Plums, 1 orange – not sure if I’ll eat all of those yet but that’s what I’ve put by.

I have also been logging my calorie intake as well as following the plan and am finding that better than just eating as much of whatever I like. I use www.myfitnesspal.com to log my foods as it gives you an indication of how many calories you should be taking in a day to lose weight - how much you lose is determined by you up to a maximum of 2lb per week.

well done on the sneaky peek! you're doing fab shazza and i am loving the sound of the wedges with steak. i also have to make this SW colslaw everyone raves about as i am a bit of a colslaw fiend :D you still have until friday as well so you will probably lose a good sight more than the 1.5lb. x

Thanks Karen :)

You should definitely try the SW coleslaw it is really nice. I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I think I actually prefer it to the prepacked stuff as it is a little lighter than the shop brought versions.

To be honest I don't think I'd go back to shop brought coleslaw again and you can make up loads for just a syn or two :)

Am having another EE day today, they seem to suit me quite well so will probably have them most days tbh. My menu today looks like this:

Breakfast: Fat Free Natural Yoghurt with Blueberries
Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) half teaspoon of Heinz Creamy Light mayo (not sure of this but have put down as 1syn as only used a scraping) mixed salad and cucmber slices, 3 slices of extra thin smoked ham, 3 plums.
Dinner: SW Spaghetti Bolognase ½ syn

Snacks: Banana, Sliced Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Fresh Strawberries

It will be weird not having garlic bread with the spaghetti bolognase but I’m not going to buy any so we can’t have it as once I have a slice I can’t resist another! I might get OH a small individual one so he doesn’t feel left out though :)

I have set up a blog to record my weight loss journey if anyone fancies a look. You can find it at

No Syns Low Syns

:D

Haven’t been able to get on here as much as I have had a busy few days! We’ve been sorting some stuff out at home as we are having new carpets put in on Friday so it’s been a bit manic to say the least.

Had a bad day on Monday for various reasons and must admit I indulged in some things I shouldn’t have done Pulled myself back in on Tuesday though so hopefully that little blip won’t make too much of a difference this week.

Today is an EE day and my menu looks like this:

Breakfast: Fat free natural yoghurt with fresh raspberries and blueberries
Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB) made into a thick sandwich with extra lean ham and loads of salad. Literally a scraping of extra light mayo on one piece of bread. A piece of fruit probably a banana.
Dinner: Pasta with bacon pieces, mushrooms and a couple of laughing Cow Extra Light triangles melted into it.

Snacks: I have got the following to choose from (won’t have them all!) fresh strawberries, fresh apricots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, blueberries, raspberries or an orange.

I’m not expecting to lose anything this week as it is that time of the month but am hoping that I will see a good loss next week to make up for it. Just need to stay on track and keep the motivation up.

Back