From Shamu to SLIMu

ssausage

Well, I've tried Slimming World a few times and it does seem to work for me, but I keep falling off the waggon! With 128 days until I go on holiday to Florida I've decided I have to knuckle down and stop eating so much rubbish. I've weighed myself this morning and am weighing in at 13 stone, and ideally would like to get down to 11 stone by January. Would be very happy with 11 and a half though.

Just been paid today so doing a food shop. Wrote a list of recipes for tea for the next week or so and am determined to stick to it. Going to do mainly extra easy days but will also throw in some red and green days too, depending on the recipes.

Officially starting tomorrow as I'm not sure what time I'm going to have finished all my shopping, but still going to try and not eat any rubbish today.

Really determined to stick to it this time. Remember being at this stage 6 months ago and Florida feeling like it was ages away and the time has just flown by so I have to stop messing around, aargghh!!!

Day one!!

Extra easy day.

Breakfast -
Cup of coffee with sweetener
Weetabix with semi skimmed milk
= 1 hex a and 1 hex b

Lunch -
Omlette with chicken, peppers and onions in.
1/3 sf salad.

Tea -

Chicken breast with mixed herbs.
1/3 sf salad.

Snacks -
Banana, Apple, Grapes.

Not sure about my syns yet - going to see what I fancy as a treat later! :)

Having fruit with breakfast too for the 1/3 sf free.

Hi

I am here to subscribe as I am also returning to the slimming world diet as of Tuesday so will be nice to check your food diary :) The key is to plan, plan, plan!! I plan a weekly meal list at the beginning of each week!

Good luck!

Angela x

Hi Angela!

Yep that's what I've done this time - seems to save money whilst shopping too cause I only buy what I need! Feel really determined today so let's hope it lasts!

Yesterday I ended up having two little packets of beef space raiders at 64 kcal a packet so 6.5 syns in total.

Breakfast -

Stayed at my mum and dads and they had no sweetener, so for breakfast had coffee with two sugars and weetabix.
= 1 hex a and 1 hex b.

Lunch -

Got some crackerbread so going to see how many syns in that and have with ham and tomatoes on, and grapes, tangerine and a plum for my 1/3 superfree.

Tea -

Salmon fishcakes with either salad or veg as my one third superfree, and might do some new potatoes too depending on how hungry I am.

For syns I'm just going to choose a nice treat later I think! Or maybe some sweet chilli sauce to go with the fish cakes.

Tomorrow I've got a night out which I've had planned for ages, so know ill go over my syns. Going to make sure I make a nice chicken salad or something for when I get home so that I don't get a bad case of the munchies!

Arrgghh drank too much saturday night and then ate too much sunday!!

So much for good intentions :(

Today's meals =

Breakfast -

Coffee.
Egg, bacon trimmed of fat, 2 linda mccartney sausages (2 syns each) tomatoes and mushrooms.
= 4 syns and 1 hex a.

Lunch =

Ham and egg salad sandwich. Banana, peach and apple.

- 1 hex b

Tea =

Chicken and pasta salad, going to put some pesto or something in too and syn that.

Well everything totally went wrong. I've put on so much - currently weighing in at 13 st 10lb. With only 81 days til Florida I am DETERMINED not to mess up this time.

Extra easy day today -

Breakfast -
Porridge with semi skimmed milk
Coffee with sweetener
- 1 hex a and 1 hex b

Lunch -
Chicken pieces, batchelors chicken rice and a third salad

Tea -
Pasta, meatballs made with extra lean turkey mince and slimming world arrabita sauce, with my third of salad. Also going to chop up extra peppers, tomatoes and onions in there too.

Snacks - fruit only!!

Syns - think ill treat myself to a highlights caramel hot chocolate so 2 syns.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Stuck to plan perfectly yesterday - the only thing that worries me a bit is i didnt have my tea until about 1015pm and i hate eating that late!! But i went to bingo and wasnt hungry beforehand. Everyone else there had a sharing platter of onion rings, breaded mushrooms, chicken nuggets etc and the only thing i stole off it was a piece of cucumber! Yay!

Extra easy day today -

Breakfast -
Coffee with sweetener
Weetabix x 2
1 banana
- 1/2 hex a and 1 hex b

Lunch -
Omelette made with chicken, peppers and tomatoes, and going to have it with salad.

Tea -
Leftover meatballs and pasta and salad from yesterday.

Snacks -
Banana
Apple

In work til 10pm tonight so fingers crossed I cant break plan - going to save my syns for a hot chocolate when I get home, or something a bit more if I fancy it, but try really hard not to!

Weekly syns so far - 2

Yay another good day!! Just a hot chocolate totalling 2 syns yesterday.

Weekly syns so far = 4.

Breakfast -
Coffee with sweetener
Weetabix
Banana
= 1 hex a and b

Tea =
Grilled chicken with mixed herbs, new potatoes and mixed veg.

Not sure about lunch. On an early at work and not brought any lunch for once but there's a Tesco upstairs so going to google low syn lunches and get something from there and I've still got half a bag of salad in the fridge.

Fingers crossed for another good day!!

Got tesco light choices sweet chilli chicken noodles for lunch. 4.5 syns.

Weekly syn total = 8.5 syns.

Ate everything according to plan yesterday with snacks as 2 bananas, apple, and mullerlight strawberry so no syns :)

Breakfast today -
Coffee sweetener
2 weetabix
= 1 hex a and 1 hex b

Lunch -
Pasta
Chicken
Third salad

Tea -
At work 130 - 930 so will grab something low syn from there with salad as my superfree.
Couldn't resist weighing myself this morning and have lost 2lb so far so at least I know its working!

Will update with syn value later. Only 78 days til Florida!!

Having fruit with breakfast for third superfree too!

Arrgghh bit peckish so ended up having a less than 1% fat chicken mugshot as a snack so at least it's free. I am starving but still pretty annoyed at myself :( will keep tea as low syn as possible and made myself a nice big salad to go with lunch and tea when at work.

Didnt feel hungry at work so ended up having chicken potatoes and third superfree veg when I got home. Hate eating so late! But at least it wasn't bad.

Syns today - 3 for hot chocolate and 1 teaspoon of sugar.

Weekly syns = 11.5

Breakfast -
Coffee with one teaspoon of sugar
1 wholemeal bread (800g loaf) and two poached eggs
Banana and pear for a third superfree
= 1 syn and 1 hex b

Not sure what to have for the rest of the day yet, on another late at work so going to try make something before I go.

Weekly syns so far - 12.5

Made all my lunch and tea to work and only went and forgot it so had to spend a fortune at tesco!

Lunch -
Jacket potato
Beans
30g cheddar
Third salad
= 1 hex a

Tea =
Light choices chicken chow mein
Third salad
= 7 syns.

Also had a hot chocolate at work out of the vending machine. Its very watery and only small but will count it as 4 syns to be on the safe side!!

Daily syns = 12.

Weekly syns so far - 23.

Fancy something chocolately when I get home so might treat myself to a weightwatchers mousse at 5 syns. Will try have a hot choc at 2 syns but really in the mood for something nice!! So will probably end up going over on my daily syns but still way under on my weekly as the maximum ill have is 28 out of a maximum of 75 I could have had so far!

Ended up having a hot choclate last night and a mousse so 7 syns :( way over daily allowance.

Breakfast today -
Weetabix
Banana
Coffee -
Hex a and b

Lunch -
Jacket potato
Beans
Third salad

Was naughty last night!! Had a really bad day at work and have not been anywhere other than work uni or home in over 4 weeks so went out and had way too much to drink :(

Back on it today though! Not sure about breakfast and lunch yet but for tea im having a sw chilli with rice and salad. Going sorting something to eat out for breakfast/brunch now!

Back