Frozen Bananas

JanD

maintaining since June'09
I've just doen a search on this as I couldn't think that it wouldn't have been suggested before but it isn't coming up ....

Just peel a banana, wrap it in tinfoil and freeze it!

No need to defrost, they're edible straight from the freezer:eatdrink051:(ie. not ROCK hard) and have the consistency of ice-cream.

You CAN roll it in a bit of splenda for a sweet crunchy coating but they're fine without. It's more like having a desert or an ice-cream than just another plain old piece of fruit!

Happy to be of service! :bananalove: found these bananas - just waiting to be frozen!!!! :D

Ooohh great idea thanks I'll give that a try :)

Hmmmmmm - nice one!

hmmm, will try the banana trick x

hello my name is laura would you be able to tell me if you can just have sole source slim fast shakes instead of a meal like they do in the cambridge, cant afford the cambridge at the mo but have been doing three slim fast shakes a day and seem to be doing well lost four pounds in three days :)

Yummy! I'm going to give it a try, I like to freeze my grapes as they last longer and I can't eat them so fast. :p

hello my name is laura would you be able to tell me if you can just have sole source slim fast shakes instead of a meal like they do in the cambridge, cant afford the cambridge at the mo but have been doing three slim fast shakes a day and seem to be doing well lost four pounds in three days :)

No hun you cannot sole source using Slimfast as it does not have the required nutrients and vitamins etc and you will become ill.

VLCD like Cambridge, Lighterlife, Lipotrim etc are monitored diets and as such are safe.

You will need to stick to the Slimfast guidelines hun x

Hey Millux

I was just going to mention frozen grapes too! The magazine I read it in said they were just like bolied sweets and while I wouldn't go quite that far, they are nice. Might try the bananas later - though don't freeze them in their skins or they go black!

I think I will definantly give it a try. Sounds delicious! I have a question though-- do you "crush" the banana or do you eat it as is? I'm a little confused on that part since you said it has the consistency of Ice cream.

Sugar free jelly is also great for cravings! Could eat a massive bowl full and only be eatin 30-40 calories. Brill!

Have to try the frozen banana though! And grapes are supposed to be good too!

Ok...I tried it...are we supposed to mash the banana pre-freezing? Because right now I just have a really solid banana....

Back