frozen fruit??? Is it syned?

lindsay88

Silver Member
Hey all wondered if you could help me, i thought that frozen and fresh fruit was syn free but only tinned was syns? I just bought a pack of aldis frozen summer berry mix but read on other site that it has syns? I can find it online and not very good with the calculator can somebody check this for me please? I have also bought frozen strawberries in the past and assumed they were free, who know how many hidden syns i have had! Does anybody know of any free fozen fruit? Sorry i'm very new to slimming world but any advice much appreciated!

Thanks
Lindsay x

unless its got suger added its free

Our C was forever mentioning this to group & reminding us to be careful. I couldn't get my head around having syns in just fruit that'd been frozen but the C was adamant. Yes, when I put the cals, fat etc into the calculator they certainly came up with a syn value but so did frozen veg!! The difference is that the calculator lets you choose a 'dish' made up of veg & therefore gives it a free value, but there isn't an option to select a 'dish' made up of fruit!!
Lindsay, I'd go with Evesthewitch and as long as it's just fruit and no added sugar, treat it as free.

thats great thanks i checked the calculator but didnt get a true reading because of the free food section, its says 100% natural so hopefully its ok! thanks again :) xx

Saying 100% natural doesn't mean it doesn't have sugar. Look at the list of ingredients. Does it say sugar, fructose, glucose or any of the other words for sugar? If not, then fine.

I was told in the meeting tonight that fresh and frozen food was free, so you should be ok. Can you ask your consultant just to ease your mind?
Let us know what she says!

C x

Frozen fruit is free if it doesn't have added sugar and the only way to find out if there is added sugar is to read the ingredients list.

Next time I am in Aldi I will have a look.

I finally got round to going to Aldi and checked out the frozen fruit. They had two kinds - a berry mix and a tropical mix - and they were both just fruit, without sugar, so they will be free.

This might sound silly but how do you use frozen fruit? Do you leave it to defrost and use it the way you would with fresh fruit? I love eating fruit but it gets a bit expensive buying fresh fruit each day so I might be better off buying frozen fruit.

Thanks

C x

Yes, just let it defrost. Some fruit responds to freezing better than others. Strawberries turn out a bit squashy, raspberries are fine. I have bought a packet of the tropical Aldi one, but haven't tried it yet - I'll let you know!

This might sound silly but how do you use frozen fruit? Do you leave it to defrost and use it the way you would with fresh fruit? I love eating fruit but it gets a bit expensive buying fresh fruit each day so I might be better off buying frozen fruit.

Thanks

C x

I get the frozen berry mix. Let it defrost and add some sweetner(usuallt very bitter without it) and eat it mixed into some 0% total or VLF fromage frais. delish!!!!

Thanks. I usually have rasberries with sweetener and fat free natural yoghurt which is lovely, so I'll try this with frozen fruit.

C x

Back