Frustrated aaahhhhhhhh

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
I'm going to have a huge rant now.
This week I need to loose 2lbs to get my 2st award.

I've eaten on plan had around 13-15 syns a day. A mix of we g and r days.
I've been to the gym twice been spinning once and done 2 days of the 30day shred.

I went on the wii it on wed bc I needed to know it was working - which it was -1lb GREAT!!

Thought I'd have another sneaky look and I've managed to regain that lost pound and I have no idea why!!
I wi on morays and I really wavering about whether to just forget the plan over the weekend as I'm so frustrated - didn't even have an Easter egg or treats over bh!!! :(

Xx

Hun, dont lose heart. I know it can be extremely frustrating but remember our bodies do fluctuate daily.

Please do not forget the plan because that then could result in a gain rather than a loss or a STS and then think how you would feel. The plan works and if your sticking to it then it hopefully will show you the loss you want.

Big Hugs and keep going.

xx

I just feel I've worked so hard this week an I don't warrant a gain or sts.

Ive been so good - I've been out for meals and made good choices missed out on treats to try and get this loss and now I'm like what was the point!!! Ugh

I just feel like im no way gonna get the results I want I wi on monday!! Xx

I find the Wii really unreliable too - the scale-hopping thing is a head-wrecker! I'm trying to wean myself off it, not easy though!

Remember you do still have today and tomorrow for all that to change. My scales on Tuesday said I had gained 7lbs!! The next day it said 4Lbs and today it said 3lbs, now I am expecting a gain but thats because I had a total off plan weekend. But if you have been 100% then stick at it for the rest of the weekend, maybe up for speed foods and also have a couple of goes on your Wii fit.

xx

If you're going to be this upset about weighing yourself WI day i suggest you don't in the future..

If you weigh yourself during the week you're bound to have up and down days..

I weighed myself last week in-between WI days and I was +6 lbs! Lol I lost by the time it was WI day though.

I you do with yourself you have to understand that you may have a gain and use that as a motivator to be extra good for the rest of the days.. Or if you have lost then keep on being. Good!

Rozie x

I always weigh and I don't usually worry about what it says midweek a you say Its fluctuation and bit of a motivator but bc I've been so good in comparison with other weeks I expected to are a better result tbh

And it's bc i really want my 2 st award this week so bad that I "upped my game" as such this week making sure my food was spot on increased my exercise etc I feel I've been cheated tbh!

:( I know I shouldn't weigh an usually I might do it one in-between if I happen to be using the wii fit but this week it kinda mean more with all the hard work!' :(

Don't be sad.. You have changed your lifestyle and your body needs to catch up with all the wonderful weight you're losing. If you don't get your sticky this week you will the next. Chin up, dont lose hope- continue what you're doing and you will lose weight.

If i had a penny for everytime i told people not to sneak peak id be a very rich woman by now!!

I know you think youve been so good and now feel whats the point. But just think about what would happen if you decided to blow out this weekend. You would most certainly gain and then how would you feel?

I have also personally lost trust in the wii fit after it told hubby in the space of 24 hours he had lost and then gained a stone. No surprise ours got sold after that!!!-

I know an what your saying is logical an makes sense it's not the first time the wii is wrong (hopefully) and won't be the last I'm sure.

I think the reason it's so disheartening is that I was so determined and so set that I did everything right I missed out on bh treats yummy desserts etc and have ached so much from all the exercise I Lisa expected to see some small (even just a .5 loss) change.

I've been out for breakfast this morning and been really good avoided the fry up had a bacon sandwich and fruit salad! :(

Bring on Monday I guess
:s

is your Wii on a carpet? it's never a good idea to weigh on a carpet because if you put it in a slightly different spot it can change the weight..
you need a hard base under it..

I weighted myself the other weekend ( I WI on thursdays ) and it said I'd lost 3lbs.. ( from what it said WI day.. )..
Woohoo I thought, in for a good loss this week as I've still got 4 days to lose some more.. but by thursday I had "put back on" 2 of those pounds so only had a 1lb loss that week..

I put it down to me doing some exercise that I don't normally do so i either put on some muscle ( was weights I did ), or retained water after exercising ( your body does that to protect / repair the muscles you damage by exercising.. )

I'd knock the exercise on the head for a week and see if that does it.. ( seems counter productive doesn't it? )
You need to eat MORE if you exercise or you can burn off more calories than you eat that whole day and then you go into the dreaded "starvation mode"..

I like to weigh a few times during the week. I know a lot of people don't advocate this and if it affected how I follow SW then I wouldn't. If I'm showing as a loss then I think "I can lose even more by Monday if I work hard". If I'm showing a gain (and normally will at some point during the week) I think "I'm going to work really hard to get a loss by Monday". If I found it disheartening I wouldn't weigh mid-week. I only record my Monday weight as that's my official weigh day.

Having said all that I've found that I had one bad week where I was being realy good and doing lots of wii-fit and the wii claimed I'd put on 5lb overnight. That was a bad week in terms of my motivation. Now I only weigh on wii fit every few weeks just because I want to see the weight chart go down. I set myself really low target losses so it makes me feel good when I achieve them in a few weeks and does the fireworks thing and makes my wiimii thinner. I don't take any notice of the weights themselves on wiifit though as they're totally inaccurate.

ColJack said:
is your Wii on a carpet? it's never a good idea to weigh on a carpet because if you put it in a slightly different spot it can change the weight..
you need a hard base under it..

I weighted myself the other weekend ( I WI on thursdays ) and it said I'd lost 3lbs.. ( from what it said WI day.. )..
Woohoo I thought, in for a good loss this week as I've still got 4 days to lose some more.. but by thursday I had "put back on" 2 of those pounds so only had a 1lb loss that week..

I put it down to me doing some exercise that I don't normally do so i either put on some muscle ( was weights I did ), or retained water after exercising ( your body does that to protect / repair the muscles you damage by exercising.. )

I'd knock the exercise on the head for a week and see if that does it.. ( seems counter productive doesn't it? )
You need to eat MORE if you exercise or you can burn off more calories than you eat that whole day and then you go into the dreaded "starvation mode"..

Yes the wii is on Carpet as I don't have a tv in any of my rooms with a hard surface. Yeah I Spose hadnt really considered that should have done really lol.

Yeah I mean I've ached so much this week from the exercise didn't considered water retention didn't really exercise could cause that.

Thanks thats made me feel a little better actually. I'm now like so I do I keep exercising or not :( xx

Never ceases to amaze me the no of people who weigh themselves between weigh ins!! STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES PEOPLE!!!!!!! The SW consultants pay over £500 for their scales - if the Wii scales were any good the consultants would save themselves a shed load of cash and buy one.

Also, given SW is a money making venture, if it was worthwhile to weigh in more than once a week don't you think they would have built that into the plan& found a way to charge extra for it???

But in reality I should be able to weigh myself on any scales and for them to generally be the same otherwise my weight loss would be pointless if it only showed when I pay for wi - for a start my doc would never know I lost weight.

I know weighing isn't a great idea but like I said I've been so focused on loosing 2lb for my 2st I just wanted a peak at whether my hard work had paid off!

Sticking to plan and exercising like a loony I would have expected to see some loss really. But I guess mon will see :s

X

I'm not sure how beneficial it is to stop exercising - you're right, ColJack, that you may have gained some muscle and also have a bit of water retention as your muscles hold on to water as they repair themselves. But personally I'd rather lose a pound a week and know that I'm maintaining my muscle, toning my figure, keeping my metabolism high and helping make sure I don't end up with loose skin, than lose more and know that that loss is muscle-wastage rather than pure fat :)

Besides, you'd have to be exercising Biggest Loser style to burn more calories than you ate in a day... the average is about 500 cals an hour if you're working out really hard.

Mizkirsty, try not to worry! The wiifit scales are notoriously inaccurate, so you can't judge by them at all. Just continue on plan and you should have a good loss on Monday :) Good luck!

Well i usually go to the gym and spin, aerobic step, pilates or gym it 4-5times a week, but ive just started (day 3 today) 30 day shred and i ached so much for the last couple of days - and after what ColJACK said im wondering if its because my muscles went into crisis mode and prehaps have retained water, as i dont tend to drink very much - which i am changing today on my 3rd 500mls bottle of water now - so trying to keep it going!!!

I know i have to stay motivated and today ive done well resisting temptation even after the devestating weigh - however tomorrow im going to my pt job as a waitress and theres sooooo much bad food that i could end up picking at and im really hoping i can find the motivation to avoid it!!!

xx

Besides, you'd have to be exercising Biggest Loser style to burn more calories than you ate in a day... the average is about 500 cals an hour if you're working out really hard.

at my weight, several sites ( such as myfitnesspal and walkjogrun ) have told me that my 2 hour walk that I do on saturdays is around 1000-1100 calories burnt.. think of it as you walking for 2 hours with an average weight woman on your back...

given that those same sites have told me that my calorie intake for an average day ( based on actual weights of foods input etc ) is between 1400-1600 calories, then that's about 2/3 of my normal intake used up there..

Mizkirsty said:
But in reality I should be able to weigh myself on any scales and for them to generally be the same otherwise my weight loss would be pointless if it only showed when I pay for wi - for a start my doc would never know I lost weight.

Not really true. All scales are calibrated different so give different results. And those at sw and your docs are likely to be more accurate cos theyre of a better quality than those on the wii fit or at home scales. But you will probably also find a slight difference in the weight you are on the sw scales and docs scales even tho they will both record your weight going down over time iykwim.

Best thing i ever got told was if you want to lose weight go to the moon cos weight depends on the pull of gravity!

yup, you also weigh less at the equator and up a mountain ( further away from the center of the earth..), and you weigh less when the moon is directly overhead ( as it's gravity counteracts the earths a bit.. )

Back