1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Frying onions SW style - help

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by hazysummer, 1 March 2011 Social URL.

1. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Slimming World
    I confess, I haven't yet managed to fry off onions to golden brown successfully using fry-light

I have scorched them, frazzled them, burnt them, and incinerated them

I've been using a good non-stick pan, so that's not the issue.

Any hints, tips, step-by step idiot proof instructions greatly received....
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Try adding a little water or stock to stop them sticking/burning.
    I always do mine in frylight, water, a little balsamic vinegar & a little sweeter Mmmmm goes like caramelised onions :D
  4. Kelly85

Kelly85 Full Member

Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I never used to be able to do them but recently I've found a lower heat helps and keep moving them around too. I spray frylight onto the pan and then put the onions in and do 1 spray over the top of them. I tried red onions once and they were completely cremated!! I'll stick to White onions from now on!! x
  5. EllieWood

EllieWood Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    caramelised onions sounds delicious!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.