Fuming & Frustrated

Tootiefrootie

Wants it Gone!
Why is it, when you are getting on top of LT and you start to feel good about your appearnce, but know that you are only half way to your journey do people turn around going "oh wow you look fantastic so when are you coming of it?"

Now they see the results, they look at you and think that just because you have lost some weight its time to come off LT.. the dont understand that it doesnt work like that, you have to reintroduce foods slowly!

My mother in particular was asking how long I was on it, I lied and said I was on it a lot longer than I am, her reply was oh thats far too long, time to come off it now... I think I will know when to come off it and Im not ready, if I do it now I KNOW MYSELF that the past few weeks would have been for nothing and my weight, self esteem and general outlook will be back to square 1!!!

Sorry for the rant guys, Im emotional, Im tired (have exams this week) Im stressed and Im just fed up!

Why is it, when you are getting on top of LT and you start to feel good about your appearnce, but know that you are only half way to your journey do people turn around going "oh wow you look fantastic so when are you coming of it?"

Now they see the results, they look at you and think that just because you have lost some weight its time to come off LT.. the dont understand that it doesnt work like that, you have to reintroduce foods slowly!

My mother in particular was asking how long I was on it, I lied and said I was on it a lot longer than I am, her reply was oh thats far too long, time to come off it now... I think I will know when to come off it and Im not ready, if I do it now I KNOW MYSELF that the past few weeks would have been for nothing and my weight, self esteem and general outlook will be back to square 1!!!

Sorry for the rant guys, Im emotional, Im tired (have exams this week) Im stressed and Im just fed up!

well meaning people really get on my bits too - maybe try to educate those who want to P on your chips and even show them example on this site - might just get through to them - surely your mum can see the benefits both physically and mentally :p

I found the best way to deal with then is side step their convos and feck em its for you noone else !!!

its hard when people get on like this. all you can do is ignore them and tell them ive lost weight bit i want to lose more then i will be stepping up the plan etc

As you say...you KNOW YOURSELF.....just trust yourself, stick to your guns, be kind to yourself and let the rest go over your head.....xx ;):D:D

Stuff EM!

I have the opposite problem......I had intended to do TFR for 8 weeks. But my mother keeps telling me to stay on it!!!!

I think sometimes they are well meaning. My mum felt so sorry for me not eating, but now she realises it was the best diet I've ever done and apologises for 'sabotaging'..she didn't mean to, just wanted me to be happy and now she understands I'm happier being slimmer.

a friend keeps telling me not to go too thin, for god's sake i'm 11 1/2stone. i don't think i'll ever get support off some people, so you guy's will have to put up with me sorry

you are totally rite for bein anoid everyones been sayin it to me recently sayin oh dear youl be too thin if you carry on most of them are to lazy to eat healthy excercise let alone try a diet like this ,esp my mum she tells me to eat healthy excercise be NORMAL whateva that is but shes to f*in lazy to do anythin herself people need to understand everyones different and we need to do whats right for us and feel comfortable in our own skin, so i no its hard not to loose your rag ant tell people to shut up but just think youl be the envy of them ALL. XX

guys n girls u know wot pisses me off more then any think............. is the slim people who can eat what they want ......... i got told other day OOHHHH ur on a diet hhmm u lost a lil but u will never be as slim as me (says the woman who is a 12 with FAKE BOOBS PFFFTTTTT we shall see ......... if i never get to a 12 who cares 16 will do me fine least i will be fit and healthy :whoopass:

guys n girls u know wot pisses me off more then any think............. is the slim people who can eat what they want ......... i got told other day OOHHHH ur on a diet hhmm u lost a lil but u will never be as slim as me (says the woman who is a 12 with
FAKE BOOBS PFFFTTTTT we shall see ......... if i never get to a 12 who cares 16 will do me fine least i will be fit and healthy :whoopass:

Oh my god she didnt say that to you the feckin cheek of her they say they understand but they dont know what its like:mad:

How awful to make such a comment! I agree women can be your greatest supporter or the worst supporters........certainly thats been my experience........

you will look amazing.....its not about size its about what makes you feel comfortable and good about yourself.....

you are doing great!!

hey guys thanks for all your stories, I know its horrible that we've all experienced it but on the bright side Im so glad that Im not alone in this!

people are shallow ignore them, you'll be a better person than her, fatter or thinner.
she sounds thin on the outside but ugly on the inside

guys n girls u know wot pisses me off more then any think............. is the slim people who can eat what they want ......... i got told other day OOHHHH ur on a diet hhmm u lost a lil but u will never be as slim as me (says the woman who is a 12 with FAKE BOOBS PFFFTTTTT we shall see ......... if i never get to a 12 who cares 16 will do me fine least i will be fit and healthy :whoopass:

bet shes ugly to go with her ugly mouth !!!:D

Horrible Cowbag!!!!!!!What a Moose!!!!!!!Just keep at it and smile hun....the snidy comments will still come whatever size you are cos shes obviously a jelous dried up old tart!!!!!!!hmphh xxx (Women can be so cruel...I was brought up to never be that rude!)

Ignorance is bliss, and knowledge dispels fear.
Dont let em wind you up xx

I reluctantly told a friend i was on lighterlife for a few weeks, after she slagged off the plan, and i tried to convince her otherwise, she told me i was setting up my baby (who was a few months old at the time) for future psychological problems with food because she wasn't seeing me eating, that really pee'd me off.

Whats with some people thinking its there business if you lose weight and how you do it, we should just be left to do it and get support from people instead of them attempting to push us back to our old ways which got us overweight in the first place.

she told me i was setting up my baby (who was a few months old at the time) for future psychological problems with food because she wasn't seeing me eating, that really pee'd me off.

What a load of tosh...how can you not eating food cause psychological problems to a child who doesnt yet eat itself and even when it does eat, it wont care less if you do...as long as they are watered and fed. Do you remember anything from when you were a few months old....not me!! Silly cow.

Ignore the idiots...stick to your guns hun.x

Back