Fun Book Club!

Guess we could all start sharing our thoughts on it around...? 20th June? Gives us ten days of chatting about it before starting the July book...? Yes?

Vx

Yeah, that works, or if we want to chat more regulary, we might have a few chapters for each week of June? And say, talk about the first few chapters at the end of week 1. And so on. What do you think?

Hi, I'm going to buy my copy today. I think we should do what Asa's saying and read sections every week and discuss them cos it's not like a novel where you'd waste the story. You usually need to think about self-help books as you read along. What does everyone else think?

Book Group
Book 1 - June - Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers

Asa
Bess
Broxi
Carolineg
Cooky
ellietoobig
Enough
Haggard Hannah
loselose
MissGonnaBSlim
Shrinkingsarah
Soel

I've put our names in alphabetical order if we want to cut and paste

Yay.. this looks fun!

haven't dug a copy out yet, but should have it by the end of today.. love the chapter a week idea.. how many chapters are there?

Vx

[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Table of Contents
1. What are you afraid of… and why?
2. Can't you make it go away?
3. From pain to Power
4. Whether you want it or not… it's yours
5. Pollyanna rides again
6. When 'they' don't want you to grow
7. How to make a no-lose decision
8. How whole is your whole life?
9. Just nod your head- say yes!
10. Choosing love and trust
11. Filling the inner void
12. There is plenty of time

Excerpt
I've often been asked to explain why we have so little trust in ourselves. I don't really know the answer to that. I know that some fear is instinctual and healthy and keeps us alert to trouble. The rest...the part that holds us back from personal growth...is inappropriate and destructive and perhaps can be blamed on our conditioning.
In all my years, I have never heard a mother call out to her child as he or she goes off to school, 'Take some risks today, Darling...' She is more likely to convey to her child, 'Be careful, Darling.' This 'be careful' carries with it a double message: 'The world is really dangerous out there...AND...you won't be able to handle it.'
Apart from such seemingly obvious connections, it is possible the cause of our fear lies elsewhere. But does it really matter from where our self-doubts come? I believe not. It is not my approach to analyze the whys and wherefores of troublesome areas of the mind. It is often impossible to figure out what the actual causes of negative patterns are, and even if we did know, the knowing doesn't necessarily change them. I believe that if something is troubling you, simply start from where you are and take the action necessary to change it.

:)
Susan Jeffers :: Product Details

[/FONT]

Great! My copy is old and in Swedish, but, if it is about the same as in English, it looks like about 50 pages a week, and in my book that translates to (roughly):

Week 1: Introduction - chapter 3
Week 2: chapter 4-6
Week 3: chapter 7-9
Week 4: chapter 10-12

Anyone with a English copy might want to redo this so it fits better :D.

Great! My copy is old and in Swedish, but, if it is about the same as in English, it looks like about 50 pages a week, and in my book that translates to (roughly):

Week 1: Introduction - chapter 3
Week 2: chapter 4-6
Week 3: chapter 7-9
Week 4: chapter 10-12

Anyone with a English copy might want to redo this so it fits better :D.

Yay! Sounds Great to me!

Week 1 (1st - 7th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
3. From pain to Power

[/FONT]Week 2 (8th - 14th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4. Whether you want it or not… it's yours
5. Pollyanna rides again

[/FONT]Week 3 (15th - 21st June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]7. How to make a no-lose decision

[/FONT]Week 4 (22nd - 28th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10. Choosing love and trust
[/FONT]

Does that sound like an alright plan? any suggestions/ideas/improvements?

This sounds really exciting to me! :D

Right - just got to find the thing now!! Haha! :D

Vx

Excellent! - can't wait to get it and have a read :)

..think I might read it with a note book and pen, and make notes/thoughts/scribbles as I go... maybe...

Vx

Hanna, that sounds great! I am even more excited to start reading now.

Enough, the plan sounds good to me! Let's see what the rest think!

started reading this today, and have read two chapters already, its unputdownable girls i gotta warn you :) xx

Yay - book's just arrived.. couldn't find my copy, so picked up a cheap one online from 'greenmetropolis'.. never used them before.. but 3 quid (or whatever it was), and it's arrived positively gleeming new! So I'm chuffed! gonna start reading today :D

Hope I can put it down occasionally cause I don't want to end up doing nothing, in my attempt to 'Do it anyway'!! Haha.. could be an accidental exercise in avoiding getting things done that raise my anxieties - how ironic would that be?? hAHA...

ANYWAY.. how's everyone else getting on? got a copy? enjoying it?

Vxx

I got mine, but I haven't really started reading yet. I am looking forward to it though! And will start in a few days!

Such a good idea for a group. Is it too late for me to join, I have an old copy lying around somewhere....

Never too late to join in the fun!! :D

Asa
Bess
Broxi
Carolineg
Cooky
ellietoobig
Enough
Haggard Hannah
lisalulu
loselose
MissGonnaBSlim
Shrinkingsarah
Soel

Week 1 (1st - 7th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
3. From pain to Power

[/FONT]Week 2 (8th - 14th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4. Whether you want it or not… it's yours
5. Pollyanna rides again

[/FONT]Week 3 (15th - 21st June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]7. How to make a no-lose decision

[/FONT]Week 4 (22nd - 28th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10. Choosing love and trust

Vxx
[/FONT]

Im in defo - what book are we going for 1st ladies?

Hi all, getting my book tomorrow definitely. Love the reading plan. I can't wait. It's a good idea to take notes to discuss later. I've also been thinking about how good an idea this self-help thing is; I mainly read fiction but I think considering what we're all doing this is excellent- like a bit of therapy and in a group too. Can't wait to begin- will post again soon Broxi xxx

Back