Fun Book Club!

STarted reading it last night - YOU'RE RIGHT!! Its Sooo readable....

never thought I'd be soo pleased that I chose the name 'Enough' for this site!! :D

Vxx

just ordered mine on amazon

Got my book and just about to start it. Very excited. This is a great idea. xxx

My book arrived in the post this morning. So i'm sitting here with a pot of tea and vanilla shake, ready to get stuck in.

BTW - When is the review of the book?

Guess we can start chatting!!

So, here's what we said about the dates to chat about it...

Week 1 (1st - 7th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
1. What are you afraid of… and why?
2. Can't you make it go away?
3. From pain to Power

[/FONT]Week 2 (8th - 14th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]4. Whether you want it or not… it's yours
5. Pollyanna rides again
6. When 'they' don't want you to grow

[/FONT]Week 3 (15th - 21st June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]7. How to make a no-lose decision
8. How whole is your whole life?
9. Just nod your head- say yes!

[/FONT]Week 4 (22nd - 28th June):
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10. Choosing love and trust
11. Filling the inner void
12. There is plenty of time

So, for the first three chapters, I guess we can get chatting... Or does everyone feel able to leave it a day or two for others to catch up... we have the whole week to natter!! :D

Vxx
[/FONT]

Obviously nobody's ready to start chatting! Myself included! Talk to you all soon xxx

I read the whole book in a few days but it was actually the first few chapters that really struck a chord with me. I was on the bus to work, actually nodding to myself, agreeing with all the statements! lol I really liked the pain to power chart idea, I know have a mental wall chart (in my mind lol) and can recognise when I'm swinging too much to the pain, and therefore can rectify it so I'm moving towards power! xx

Hello, I haven't forgotton and am still keen on joining the book club. I've had to order my copy from the library - should be in this week. I'm a quick reader so I'll catch up.
Been busy with my daughter getting married last week and me starting a new job, but back to 'normality' (ha!!?) now!!

I'm going off minimins now to read my book. Will hopefully be able to post some comments tomorrow. Happy reading everyone xxx

I read the two first chapters and I really like it. And it is really clicking for me. This fear is holding me back for sure. I am just finishing up a two year education at the university (am 32 years old, and have been working prior). I was terrified I wouldn't be enough on so many levels, and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to make it.

The education has contained about 15 separate courses and subject (computer science), in the beginning of EVERY course, I have had anxiety like "I will never be able to make it", "I will never understand this", "I am stupid", "everyone else is better than me" (and not just better at the subject, but a better person for it too). And most of the courses I managed to complete! Looking back, I truly needed to go through the painful fear and doubt, in order to grow and learn that I AM capable of handling everything life throws in my direction.

I thought about quiting the education many times, thinking the price I paid (self doubt, agony, kicking of myself) just wasn't worth it. I was also asking myself that if I felt so much resistance, was it really right then? But, I am starting to think I needed to go through it. Otherwise I would have still be living in doubt of myself. Don't going after anything new that looked exciting.

I really like the message of the two first chapters.

I hope I can apply them next week, because them I am starting a new job (well, transferring to a new department at my current job). And I am sure that I will feel fear all day long in the beginning:D.

So many things in this book seem so obvious yet I've never realised them before...or maybe I've never given them a try before. For example, Jeffries several times states that "like attracts like", therefore if you are negative, you will attract negativity and if you are positive you will attract positivity.

So I decided to test this theory by being positive about things (a first for me lol) And IT WORKS!! I know it sounds cliched but I really feel like I have more power and control over my life now, simply by being more positive! Any eventuality is an opportunity, even if it isn't the eventuality you planned!

Very well put Hannah! And I totally agree and believe in it. Did you all read/watch The Secret? I love that stuff too. And it is so clear that what I tell myself (my internal dialog, that I am not totally aware off), is what will happen.

For example, I always think I have enough money, I feel wealthy. I have always done that, and saving money is easy. Thats is what I normally (not all the time) tell myself. And money has never been an issue for me, it keeps appearing and I feel secure about it.

Weight on the other hand... is something I think about a lot, and never in positive terms. I have been thinking ill of my weight since my early teens. And the fact that I can't handle my weight and be slim, is constant. And what do I get? Yes, a long ongoing weight problem!

I am working on changing my thinking about myself on that one, but frankly it is hard. It is such a big part of myself and I often do it unconsciously.

Well, sorry for spinning out of the June book! Maybe the Secret can be our number three book?

Ooh I love the Secret! I think we should all apply its principles to our weight loss and maintenance.

I haven't read The Secret - I think I will have to now though! I love the idea that, instead of feeding yself with damaging foods, I'm feeding my mind with nourishing things! :D

Hi all, I've started reading the book but to be honest it's not really clickingwith me too much yet- I don't know if I honestly do feel that much fear in my life or maybe I don't really understand what she means by fear. I do think waht she's saying is good; it's just I'm not having those aha moments.

I have decided to feed my mind too during this CD journey. I'm quite depressed at times on the diet and I am also quite bored cos I'm hiding away a bit cos I like to go out and eat so I am committing to reading as much self help stuff as possible just now while I am feeling like this. Anyway, I've still ch 3 to read so will post later tonight with some points taken from those chapters. x

Hiya..

I've only read the first three chapters, but I really like what she has to say..

I don't think it has to be about the obvious types of fear.. not about being nervous, or or overtly scared... I think there are levels of fear that we don't realise because we dont feel them, cause we 'choose' to not involve ourselves in the first place.. I'm not scared of falling from a tall building, cause I'm not feeling any risk of it happening.. but I also limit my risk of all sorts of things that ACTUALLY I would WANT if I acknowledged that the reason I don't even consider them in the first place was that I stay within safe limits in my life... some examples from my own life:

-wearing a bikini (HAHA!! Ok, maybe that's simply a matter of keeping other human beings from heart attack!! :D)

-saying what I actually think, even if it is might offend, cause discomfort or leave me at risk of criticism or risk of being disliked

-trying new things that I'm likely to not be very good at

-having an uncomfortable conversation about my feelings with someone I love, in case I hurt myself or them in the process

-spend a long time looking at myself in the mirror, wihtout judging, criticising, but simply enjoying and noticing..

-publishing poetry I've written

-taking a flying lesson

-swiming in the sea in England (in summer.. I'm not completely potty! Haha!!)

What's your list? Can you even think of them? I bet I can't I bet there's LOADS of stuff I haven't acknowledged...

-spending time with people who are much better than I am, at things that I pride myself at.

-asking people I care about what they DON'T like about me.

-asking my boss what they think I'm NOT good at.

-admitting the times I've been cruel to others, or have lied to save face...

it's all a type of fear, even if its subtle and painless cause I don't expose myself to it...

Vx

Very profound Enough. I need to think about all you've said.

Back