Fussy Eaters?

CarlyLanky140

Loves Minimins!
Is there anyone else out there who struggles to eat fruit and veg? It extends to fish/ steak etc... I am getting a lot better but just need help/advice xx

It would be easier to advise you if we knew what you do eat rather than what you don't. What plan are you following? from your post it looks as though it might need to be green where you can get your protein from quorn, beans and pulses plus whatever fruit and veg you do actually eat.

Denise

I'm thinking of trying WW for a little while so I can work on introducing more food... I was doing extra easy! I eat chicken, mince, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pasta, rice etc... I eat tomatoes and onions in sauces and can eat smooth veggie soup and fruit smoothies...

I'm working on introducing one new thing each week by trying a little bit of it everyday... So apple is this wk!

Hope that makes sense xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lanky140 said:
I'm thinking of trying WW for a little while so I can work on introducing more food... I was doing extra easy! I eat chicken, mince, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pasta, rice etc... I eat tomatoes and onions in sauces and can eat smooth veggie soup and fruit smoothies...

I'm working on introducing one new thing each week by trying a little bit of it everyday... So apple is this wk!

Hope that makes sense xx

Sounds to me the atkins diet would suit you.... X

Thanks sigourney! I tried it once and I felt very ill! Plus I do really want to eat more healthy/ balanced meals but thanks for the suggestion :) xx

Could you make a spaghetti Bol? You like mince tomato and onion? Put a bit of garlic. Maybe a chilli? Chicken casserole? Things like that but when you make it make enough to last you a couple of meals and freeze half?

I would like those :) and I eat cottage pie etc... Just need cheeky tips to disguise veg/ fruit :) xx

That's fair enough.. I suggest then that you cut out White flour products.. Switch to wholemeal will stop you bloating x

Have you tried having day free yogurt and having it with fruit? Blueberries strawberries apples banana any fruit. I buy the bags of frozen fruit from sainsburys mixed berry is only £1 so not to expensive. Also I go to aldi and get their fruit on 49p offer so it doesn't have to be expensive at all. It is all free on extra easy. But if you make it into a smoothie it becomes syns. Hope this helps.
Also have you tried having salad with grilled chicken and cottage cheese? Thats a good one for the summer

If you dont eat that many veggies then EE isnt going to work well for you, as you do need the superfree third
In your case I would do Green days and measure your protein, then you can make pasta with tomato sauce, or make a spag bol with a b of extra lean mince, or just a nice big jacket with a smallish chicken breeast
Are there ANY veggies you like? I only eat peas and corn and lost almost 3 stone with SW so it is doable

lanky140 said:

Hope that makes sense xx

I've just com OFF WW! lol. I lost a stone then 'hovered' for about 5 weeks. Boredom kicked in so I'm now giving SW another go. Change is as good as a rest!

How about grated veg in chilli, bolognese sauce, cottage pie etc? I sometimes grate in carrot and/or courgette to up the veg count, and you can grate it finely if you like so it's less noticeable.

I'm the same as you. Hate veg and very fussy with food. I've been making the veg stir fry from the sw website you can hardly taste the veg and its lovely! I normally get some chopped tomatoes and add mushrooms onions spices & herbs with pasta. Easy & cheap :) x

Mycroft said:
Try a BLT. Some wholemeal bread, grilled lean bacon, tomato, lettuce and a squirt of ketchup if you like. Come to think of it, you could stick veggies in any sandwhich.

A BLT is far from healthy ... X

A BLT is far from healthy ... X

This is a very filling low fat lunch, on a red day you could grill some lean bacon (Free) , or use turkey bacon on a green day (3 Syns for 2 slices). Two slices of wholemeal bread is a Healthy Extra B, and the optional Ketchup is 1 Syn per Tbsp.

It might not be the lowest Syn meal, but it is delicious and you feel like you're having something naughty while staying on plan. And if lanky140 might have originally only had a plain bacon sandwhich, this adds two veggies.

Sounds healthy to me! :) (At least on Slimming World, which lanky140 expressed an interest in)

My tip would be to grate up any veg that you're not fond of and cook it down in with whatever you're having. A mince base is ideal for this, make sure you cook it for at least an hour to give it a chance to cook down together. My OH hates most veg but I do this and don't tell him and he noms it down happily. This way you can easily make up your 1/3 superfree of veg on the plate.

Back