Fybogel and Citric Acid

SkinnyCow

Can somebody please answer a querie i have with fybogel.

On starting this diet my CDC gave me loads of information about the diet. One reading it is states:-

"take Fybogel 2 or 3 times a day for a week or two"

I have been to chemist and bought some, which has helped, but on reading some threads it says that citric acid, which is contained in fybogel, can knock you out of ketosis. What is the right answer to this question and should i be taking fybogel.

If it is the wrong answer how can they give this information out to clients?

When i asked about movicol, which i already had in, she said not to take it because it was not recommended by the Cambridge Diet but the CD recommend fybogel. :confused:

Only natural fibregel - not the orange ... and I believe they now do a lemon one?? - as they have citric acid.

Also you only need to take Fibregel if you get constipation - which not everyone gets!! I use psyllium husks as prefer them to Fibregel.

Hi flirty,

Thanks for reply, i do have slight constipation and i did buy the natural fybogel. I thought i did the right thing because i did not buy the orange or lemon flavour but when i got it home i read the packet and it says that it contains citric acid.

Wish i had read the packaging first.

I will have to bring this up with my CDC when i next see her because if she is giving this information out to clients and they do not come on here for help then they could be buying the wrong fybogel and knocking themselves out of ketosis.

Just got my cambridge book out - and it does say fybogel (or metamucil) is ok ......... strange!!! If you have not opened it would your chemist take it back??

I get constipation and use PH ....... great as they thicken soups and make a "porridge" with vanilla shake! I advise all my clients to use PH if they have a constipation problem - and you can get PH in capsules too.

Unfortunately i did use the fybogel so cant take it back. T
hinking about it i did feel really hungry a couple of nights back, that was the night i took it. Oh well i got over it and was really good.

Maybe it is time the the CD should update there book and tell people to buy only natural fybogel, it should really be made clearer. What do you think?

Movicol is fine to use if thats what you're used to, I use it when ssing, the molecules are too big to be absorbed and go straight through! (I used to be the rep!) I love movicol.

To avoid constipation in the first place ask your CDC about Fibre 89.

CD recommend senokot now or fibregel natural, didn't know it had citric acid in it though.

Once things are on the move again so to speak, have the fibre 89 twice a day. This is a natural bulking agent not a purgative and prevents rather than cures.

Ensure you are drinking sufficient water.

A little exercise can also help with constipation.

Linda

To avoid constipation in the first place ask your CDC about Fibre 89.

CD recommend senokot now or fibregel natural, didn't know it had citric acid in it though.

Once things are on the move again so to speak, have the fibre 89 twice a day. This is a natural bulking agent not a purgative and prevents rather than cures.

Ensure you are drinking sufficient water.

A little exercise can also help with constipation.

Linda

I used fibre 89 from the start and it didnt help me. Last week I was really bad and upped the psyillium husk and this week although Im a bit better Im still constipated. I drink loads of water every day between 4 and 5 litres. Im just hoping that when my body gets used to the massive change it will settle down. I never normally have a problem with consipation only when I go on a diet ( it also happens with WW and SW) but eventually clams down.

Ive been on LL since thursday and i had a pop in asked my LLC about pysllium husks and she said that it was a no no. A lady in the group suggested movicol as she is a bowel specailist! and said its what she recommends to her clients and won't affect my plan

I have fybogel everyday as I suffer from IBS and I've never been knocked out of Kitosis because of it - I used the orange flavoured one

Thank you all for your advice,

Can anybody who uses fybogel tell me what colour the mixture is. Just checked the package again,just to make sure, and it does say that it is has citric acid in it, and it does not say that it is orange or lemon flavour.

Back