Gadgets we love

There was a fab wow cher for ceramic pans just before xmas too but i couldn't afford them right before xmas but i will be keeping an eye out for it coming up again. I definitely would love a ceramic wok as i have ruined a few woks with frylight

I love my ceramic pans and my Jamie Oliver funky knife set.Sharp knives makes chopping things up so much easier. :) Buy Jamie Oliver Funky Knife Set - Green at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Knives and blocks.

Here's mine :)

image-2742710778.jpg

I'm getting tempted to buy a ceramic pan or wok, listening to all the good reviews so please keep sharing if you see good deals :)

nothing like chopping away with a super sharp knife

LOL on the knives as deadly weapons :)

If buying ceramic pans just check they go with your stove - I looked at the link for those 5 saucepans and they don't work on induction hobs (which I've got).

Don't like knives on display as easy to grab one if you have an argument with OH/anyone or someone breaks into the house.
lol wow I NEVER thought of that and I watch Dexter!!

I'm getting tempted to buy a ceramic pan or wok, listening to all the good reviews so please keep sharing if you see good deals :) nothing like chopping away with a super sharp knife

If you getting one, I'd get a wok as you can use it as a frying pan aswell but you couldn't use the frying pan as a wok x

I definitely would love a ceramic wok as i have ruined a few woks with frylight
Ooh, that reminds me of another of my favourite gadgets. My sister-in-law got me an oil sprayer for xmas. It's by Lacor, I think. You basically use the lid to pump it full of air so it behaves like an aerosol. And there's a filter, so you can put herbs, garlic, chillies, etc in there as well. I filled it with avocado oil, since that has a high smoke point, and it works really well. A spray of it amounts to hardly any oil, but is enough to keep stuff from sticking.

I just tried my George Foreman Grill and I LOVE it!

It is so much easier and quicker than baking protein in the oven. Just switch on, wait for it to heat up, chuck your stuff in and it's done in 5-6 minutes. I just did three pork steaks which were done beautifully - and the oil that came out... :eek:.

Then simply wipe down and it's ready for the next lot.

Love it! :D

we have one i love it to the oil that comes out is unreal x x x

same here, I love my george foreman! Before we were being good, we did naughty panini's in it too :eek:

It's so quick for cooking chicken breasts et al when the oven would take too long/be a waste warming up.

Those talking about a fitbit - I have a fitbit one too that I adore. Had to go for one that couldn't go on my wrist as I had a nasty reaction to the jawbone up 24 that my brother/sil bought me for xmas due to the nickle on it so if you have an allergy it's worth checking out. There's nickle in fitbit flex's so be careful and research it first.

Also have a Breville blend active that you can make drinks in and then just put the lid on and go (haven't though - always decant it into something else for my own hygiene twitching reasons.

Slow cookers are awesome. I have a halogen too but I've done nothing but cook about 6 roast chickens in it over the past 2/3 years i've had it if I'm honest. I should look more into how it works/what you can do with it.

I have a George Foreman and hardly ever use it - I probably should work on that as it is really good for quick low fat cooking. I got a massive one when I got married and it is a hassle to get in and out of the cupboard - wish I'd just got the small one as I am only ever cooking for two. I should see about doing a whole meal on it maybe, grilled veggies, pototoes and fish perhaps.

My latest gadget is the Ninja Mega Kitchen System (http://www.ninjakitchen.com/mega-kitchen-system/) I love it and use it nearly every day. :)

Oooh must check it out!

What I'd really like to have is a Thermomix, but they are so expensive... :sigh2:

OMG I know! My friend in Oz has one - but I stayed with her with two weeks and saw it used once...I think you have to really get into the frame of mind to make yourself use it - and give away all the gadgets it replaces :)

Does anyone have a mandolin - either hand driven or electric?

I want something for grating cabbage, carrot, cheese, etc, without losing a finger or two :)

Back