Gah! I had an Atkins bar!

leona

I have just started week 2 of SS and forgot my shake to take to work today :( I felt i couldn't go all day without having something so I had an Atkins bar from Boots (my thinking was that it might be similar to the Cambridge bars). Now I feel really upset because I might have ruined things :cry: I've still just had my 2 shakes and the bar today. Does anyone know if the Atkins bars are similar to the Cambridge ones? x

I don't know the composition of Atkins bar - but as they work on keeping you in ketosis they are likely to be low carb, maybe different calorific value.

What's done is done - drink plenty of water - keep on track and I'm sure you'll be fine. Oh and put a spare bar/soup/tetra in your desk/car/handbag!

I have just started week 2 of SS and forgot my shake to take to work today :( I felt i couldn't go all day without having something so I had an Atkins bar from Boots (my thinking was that it might be similar to the Cambridge bars). Now I feel really upset because I might have ruined things :cry: I've still just had my 2 shakes and the bar today. Does anyone know if the Atkins bars are similar to the Cambridge ones? x

Don't worry, the atkins bars are pretty similar to the CD bars, they contain hardly any usable carbs so they wont push you out of ketosis, however they do have a few more calories than the CD bars so try to avoid making a habit of them! :)

Thanks, everyone. I kept the packet and it is very low carb and has 235 calories, so I reasoned that it might be similar to a Cambridge meal. Won't forget the flimmin shakes again! x

well done for caring enough not to eat food! :D

Glad to hear the bar won't hurt ketosis.. I thought that would be the case. :)

I'm sure you'll get into a routine quickly and start seeing great losses soon! :D

Don't beat yourself up, me and sleepbird use them everyday (I know we really shouldnt...but) They are similar to the cambridge bars and we are in Ketosis and they have not effected our weight loss. I know it is an individual thing but try not to worry x

Thanks for your replies, I do feel better now. I just felt angry with myself cos I feel really committed to the diet and I didn't even want to eat food (aren't I saintly? :rolleyes:) and to be honest I felt all bloaty and yuck afterwards anyway. Stupid convenient Boots next to my work! :sigh:

I too must admit to eating Atkins bars occasionally.

They are low in carbs, a little higher in calories but are classified by Atkins as snacks not meal replacements so don't have all the nutrients etc that CD bars have (they do taste nice though;)

From my experience there should be no repercussions :p

The only thing I would say to watch out for is that Atkins bars have actually proved to kick some people (who are following Atkins) out of ketosis. It's not the actual carb count but rather the glycerin and polydextrose which can cause people to stall. As CD is obviously different to Atkins then that may not be the case here.

It may also be down to how sensitive some people are to carbs/sweeteners. Some people are so sensitive that they get what's called the cephalic insulin response where their body will produce the same amount of insulin when they have artificial sweetener as they would if they had sugar. If you are one of those people then although it wont kick you out of ketosis it may mess with your blood sugar making this diet much harder to follow!

Back