Gain 4lbs in 24hrs????

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi guys
Having a complete mental breakdown. According to my wii fit board I've managed to gain 4 lbs in 24hours how I don't know!!
I had
Shreddies heb
Milk hea
Mug shot and banana
Dinner kebab 8
Pitta 9
And muffin 12.5 which I know is over but it was my bday didnt even drink now today I weigh albs heavier than yesterday can that be right?!
Xx

It's completely normal to go up & down in weight over the space of 24hrs. Really you should be looking at the bigger picture, try only weighing once a week - or if you really must weigh yourself in between, try not to let yourself get sucked in. There could be many reasons for the gain, including water retention.

I don't think Wii Fit Boards are really the most accurate of things to weigh on either. Mine are off by a few lbs for sure.

Try not to let yourself go crazy over this. x

Yes it on carpet but usually it's only a pound different!!
I was horrified now I'm paranoid I've really gaine that much it's crazy!!!
Xx

You cannot possibly have actually gained 4lbs in 24 hours so don't panic. I agree with other posters though - your weight will fluctuate on a day by day basis whatever you have eaten. I weigh every day but I have learnt to ignore anything mid week particularly if I've stuck to plan. I vary anything from 3-5lbs during the week even if I have been an angel on my food. So don't worry, just keep going on the plan and it will come off (sometimes when you least expect it !).

Also, my wii fit seems to be similar to my scales but I am certain that it is not accurate. So if you don't have scales but need to weigh at home (either because you're doing the plan at home or because you want to) maybe think about buying some ??

Good luck for this week.

Gail x

I use the wii fit bc my other scales are complete rubbish they don't recognise that I've lost any weight even though I've lost 1st 4lbs so I dont use them. Usually my wii is fairly accurate!!
I just dont think it's possible to gain albs especially when I've stuck to plan it doesn't make sense!! But now ive ruined my hard work by self sabotage bc I gave up over the weekend!! :(
Xxx

Mizkirsty said:
I use the wii fit bc my other scales are complete rubbish they don't recognise that I've lost any weight even though I've lost 1st 4lbs so I dont use them. Usually my wii is fairly accurate!!
I just dont think it's possible to gain albs especially when I've stuck to plan it doesn't make sense!! But now ive ruined my hard work by self sabotage bc I gave up over the weekend!! :(
Xxx

And that is exactly why you shouldn't weigh mid week. So, learn a lesson (we've all done it !), put it behind you, move on, have a great week and ONLY weigh once per week.

Good luck

Gail x

P.S. And maybe think about buying some new better scales ??

Yeah I know I like to know what I'm doing during the week so when I use the wii fit to work out I tend to weigh and just see and usually it's ok but for some reason it kinda put me out and now I'm feeling even worse bc I know I've ruined it anyway!! Xx

Back