gall stones-any advice?

You ought to mention how tired you are, it's a further symptom of gallbladder trouble! Might help you get in sooner.

Hey there!!

Just wanted to add that I also feel so sorry for anyone with any pain caused by gall stones.

3 years ago I began to have a stabbing pain in my back, which almost felt like a trapped nerve. After numerous visits to my GP is kept being turned away with the same diagnosis "you have pulled a muscle in your back and it will take time to heal". None of my doctors would listen to me when I said that I know what a pulled muscle is and it's far worse.....

3 visits later and in more agony than before, I had done some research on the net and asked the doctor if there could be a chance I have gallstones. His response to me was "Hayley, your 22, your too young to have gallstones." So I was sent on my way for an xray to check if I had broken any ribs......

Still in pain I went on holiday with my boyfriend to Cuba, and went snorkelling one day. After an hour viewing the reef we had to swim back to the boat which was a fair distance away. The next thing I remember was losing all feeling in my body from my neck down - I was numb. My boyfriend held onto me holding my head above the water whilst the crew frantically brought a motor boat to me. My body had completely shut down from the pain I was in (I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone) :(

I was rushed to hospital (it was awful) - the doctor took a 2 minute look at me and a abdominal examination and diagnosed me immediately with his broken english. He said I was very unwell, gall bladder desease and a blockage causing Jaundice. I was so angry that I had to go all the way to bloody Cuba to be diagnosed!!!!!

(I am getting to my point now and answering your question.....)

So up until I had my surgery on the NHS 8 weeks later, I lived off fruit, vegetables with potatoes every now and again, and some gravy on my veg just to make it more tasty :) and water (advised by my cuban doctor). This was mainly because ANYTHING I ate gave me the pain attacks so I had to avoid any food with fat in. I lost 29 pounds in the process before my op and I can honestly say I had never felt so fit and healthy as I did just before the surgery.

Are you going to be having surgery scojos? :)

xxx

When I had my gallstones years ago, my trigger was EVERYTHING that had fat in it, and Im being serious.

Yes. In the beginning it was terribly painful, but the attacks were few and far between. The longer I put off the op, the more infrequent it became and loads of things were triggers.

I did wonder at some point whether I was going to have to go back to CD because it has such little fat....just to reduce the amount of attacks...even though I was at goal :mad:

So glad I had the op. What a relief.

Really feel for you scojos. It's so painful isn't it :hug99:

Hi, just been for my scan and the lady said I had gallstones. Does anyone know what the procedure is now? How long roughly do you wait to get them sorted? :( I want them gone, sooooo sore!

After I had my scan I had to go back to my GP they then refered me for surgery I think it was about 16weeks after my scan that I had my op, good luck hunni.xxx

I really feel for you. I had mine taken out about 10 years ago and I can still remember being on all fours grunting like a pig with the pain :eek:. I agree with everything everyone else has said but also found that the effect of eating anything fatty was cumulative, I would get away with eating a little bit one day, maybe the next...possibly even the next, then...POW!!!!! down on all fours doing an impression of Babe poked with a poker. Docter also said that stones can move around and when they block the bile duct is when you get the problems. Look after yourself honey and hopefully they will taken the damn things out soon

Oh i am with you on the all 4s! Its not a pretty sight!! Wish they would just take them out tonight! I am not good at waiting!! I always seem to wake up in the middle of night in agony! its not good for my beauty sleep!

Back