Cruise PV Gallette triumph at last!!

stmcalee01

Am delighted to report that my gallette at lunch time was passable!

I got the pan nice and hot and then left it alone for about 8 minutes. It flipped over in one peice and was gorgeous. I had it smothered in 0% fat greek yogurt mixed cwith a tsp of splenda and a good sqeeze of lime juice.:bliss::bliss:

I also made one for my little boy with real sugar and served it with stawberries and a petite filous. He loved it.

Thank you for all the tips folk!

How do you eat yours?

well done, I couldn't start the day without my gallettes. I prefer mine savoury, i add garlic and onion powder and black pepper, I make 2 small ones and have either a dry fried egg sandwich or mushrooms and rocket

I STILL CAN'T BLOODY DO IT!!!! I'm such a gallette failure! I've been making a kind of bread every day instead with my daily allowance of oat bran... I should have, 'I CAN'T MAKE A GALLETTE' written on my forehead!

I love the your lime yogurt idea - so that's how I'm eating mine tomorrow!

Tonight I will be having mine cut up into strips and dunked into a bowl of 0% fat greek yoghurt with sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon mmmmm (if theres any yoghurt left by then, that is!):D

I also made one for my little boy with real sugar and served it with stawberries and a petite filous. He loved it.

I'm really pleased you had success with your galette and it sounds lovely!

If your little boy is under five, in France at least it's not advised to give him oatbran - and, if older, not regularly. Just thought I'd mention it. (Even though it sounds as if you found a lovely dessert for him, the oatbran isn't good for young intestines apparently.)

I'm really pleased you had success with your galette and it sounds lovely!

If your little boy is under five, in France at least it's not advised to give him oatbran - and, if older, not regularly. Just thought I'd mention it. (Even though it sounds as if you found a lovely dessert for him, the oatbran isn't good for young intestines apparently.)

Gosh - I had no idea!
Thank you for the warning - I'll have to find something else to fling at the little horrors when they make puppy-dog eyes and hold up their bowls for a taste of what ever auntie is eating!

Thanks from here too Joanne! My little people have loved having bites of my oatbran creations (begrudgingly given by me) at least I can legitimately say they are not allowed now ;) Mwah hah hah.

although, if you UK google it, they say "go for it"!

Thank you ladies. I will make it a very occasional treat or make him pancakes instead. Gulp (wait until I am sure my willpower will hold).

I need more ideas for what to do with my oatbran though. Woman cannot live on gallettes alone I fear!

Thank you ladies. I will make it a very occasional treat or make him pancakes instead. Gulp (wait until I am sure my willpower will hold).

I need more ideas for what to do with my oatbran though. Woman cannot live on gallettes alone I fear!

Mmmmmmm -

Bread, cakes, muffins - sweet and savory, biscuits, crispbread, bases for dukan cheesecake, crunchy coatings for southern baked chicken or fish, dumplings in soup and stew, blinis with smoked salmon....

Have a look at the recipe section above - lots of yummy ideas.

Back