Geocaching

Sulleyp

The Minis Bad Boy
Any geo cachers here?

I used to be but havent done any for over a year now, completed most in my area and had a great time with my kids doing it. Good boost for the fitness when going off tracks and exploring new areas.
Must thank google-earth for all its help though lol.

I have found ti so useful in losing weight. WHy did you stop?

We'd done most around us and then the buzz just went away tbh, thats not to say wouldnt do some more at a later date but its not for my family and I at the moment. Did discover some really pretty coins and moved them on, a few from USA aswel.

oooh cool. The buzz hasnt reallyt worn off yet. I think tis because its helping me lose weight...

I started caching in Nov 04 and but don't cach all the time I do Dartmoor Letterboxing as well.
I have 569 caches and about 19,000 letterbox stamps.

It wouldnt let me reply. It says you dont like pms!

I had never heard of this until i just read this thread and went and looked it up straight away. It looks awesome, and a fun way to exercise too! Shame I found out about this when it is winter, but I am still going to go out this weekend and try and find one :)
Do you HAVE to have a GPS system to take with you? or could I rely on google maps to see where they are before I go? Obviously this will only be for the easier ones.

Yes you do really, some of the containers are very small, sometimes smaller than a thimble, the very small ones are very often megnetic, on the back or road signs.

Back