Get it off - Keep it off!

Hey everyone -

I am currently on Day 3 of SS on CWP.

Decided to try & keep a diary to keep me focused until I am away for the weekend on 30th June - 1st July in Bournemouth. After this I'm straight back on the diet on the Monday, with the odd night on Step 2 when I'm out with friends.

I am away for my summer Hols on the 17 th Aug, after this im hoping to go on to Weight Watchers or see if my will power can stand working up the steps.....

So a little bit about me... I'm 25, 5'5" and my start weight was 13st 11lbs.

The heaviest ive ever been is 14st 6lbs when i first went onto Weight Watchers in 2008. I lost about 2 stone and felt great but my losses slowed and I lost focus.

Then in 2010 my mum started the Cambridge diet and lost 10lbs in her first week. I tried it and lost 6. I was hooked. Got down to 12stone 4lb and size 14. Got a new boyfriend & then over the past 18 months started eating man size portions & then hello start weight of 13st 11lbs when i started the cambridge weight plan on the 23rd May 2012.

I'm really happy with my life, fantastic boyfriend - love of my life & worships the ground I walk on, great job and just bought out first flat together. But i just cant face looking in our full length wardrobe mirror because I hate the way I look. Constantly covering myself up in loose fitting tips and size 18 trousers that were close to being too small.

So i started Cambridge again.... My first loss was 5lbs so I was down to 13st 6lbs. I went to a wedding on 3rd June & wore a dress that fit perfectly & I can now fit into my posh M&S work trousers that I wore for a week back in September. Mum & Dad were visiting from the north for a week so that was me off the diet.....

Started again last Thursday but too much temptation. Ate an egg sarnie (on brown though so not too bad!!!) because was working late and buffet was provided. So hungry so scoffed a few triangle of egg mayo. Fell off again on Friday night.... Came home from work very stressed and must of ate about 20 crackers; cream crackers, cracker wheat, cornish wafers... Then I thought sod it... Shared a Waitrose curry with the other half and drank half a bottle of red wine. Was it worth it? Totally!!!! Made me 100% focused and wanting to lose so I get down to the 12s. I need to be 12st 10lbs at least by the time I go to Bournemouth.

Been 100% starting Saturday & drinking 2-3ltrs of water a day.

Work is tough - everyone scoffing their foods, offering crisps & cakes. Talking to the kids with ketosis breath, smelling the food from the canteen.

But here I am. Writing my diary to focus on what I really want; a body & appearance I am happy with. To wear clothes a 25yr old should be wearing. To be slimmer for my 26th birthday in October.

Thanks for reading, if you managed to keep following with my journey so far! :) xxx

Day 4. Starving. I'm in ketosis because my breath stinks and feel elated but I'm v hungry, not hungry but craving foods.

There was a piece of birthday cake on the side in work & I was so iron-willed even though it was calling my name...

Got loads of work to do tonight so I'm v v busy to take my mind off food, but it's only 5pm & I have a coffee to try and take my mind off it.

Aaaaaaaah! Feel like i really Need to eat something. Other half is eating chilli for tea but thankfully only having bread with it so I can't smell the rice.

Good luck everyone - stay with it!!! Xx

Hey I started on Saturday too..similar weight and was on WW before.

I hope its all going well for you...keep at it and in no time the weight will fly off :)

Keep positive Hun, get these few days out the way nd you'll be feel fab.

Good luck :)

Thanks everyone :) just tried on some size 16 linen pants from next I haven't worn for well over a year, prob since last April...

Boyfriend says they almost fit - just a little bit of camel toe!!! A few extra pounds @ I'll be wearing them! Can't wait!!! That's given me the focus I needed to keep going.

WI tomorrow, reckon I've lost 1lb since Saturday. I have polycystic ovaries & under active thyroid so fighting a tough battle to get the bulge off.

Here goes!!!
Xx

Woo hoo - Day 5 and weight in.... Lost 3lbs. Not bad for a blippy week. New target for this week is 5lbs as I'm introducing exercise again.

Going to have my bar & a cup of coffee as got a lot of work to do tonight.

Good Luck everyone & stick with it!!!!
Xx

Day 6 & still goin strong...

Went to Boots to get some shampoo & deodorant. Found myself at the till with a chocolate brownie. I was literally dribbling with excitement about eating it.

Went to go to the self serve checkout with my brownie & got really upset. Ran back and put it back.

Got home & decided to have an egg after my bar. Needed to eat something, however have drank loads tonight & not hungry but was literally starving at 5pm.

Focus focus focus!!!

Going to the in-laws on Saturday night for BBQ. I plan to eat something but going to have my shake as well before we go. My intention is to have some chicken & maybe a burger but no bread. Staying well away from carbs. If it rains, we have curry; going to have tablespoon of rice and pick out as much chicken as I can - it's a low fat curry sauce my father in law makes so I'm quite happy to eat it with a small bit of rice. Plenty water - no alcohol!!!

Good luck everyone - thanks for reading!!!!!
Xxx

Day 8 and we're stil going strong.

Had a mini blip last night but still focused. Was supposed to be a hard boiled egg... However other half insisted on cooking it & didn't leave it long enough so it was a runny egg. Dribbled all over the plate so ended up having half a crust of bread to mop it up.

Weighed my self though after a week & lost 6lbs so I'm v happy, still focused.

:)
Xx

Aaaah day 10.

Had a major catastrophe on Saturday. I knew I was eating a BBQ and plan was to just have meat but when we went shopping in the morning.... Well..... I ends up coming home with fry up food & a twix.

But I stayed true at the BBQ, had a steak & cut most of the visible fat off. Had half a burger on a bun, got v v full v v quickly! An had quite a bit of salad.

Been 100% since & now 100% until I go away on Saturday to Bournemouth for the weekend. Having picnic Saturday & curry on the night. I will be having as much meat as I can & will try and resist the carbs.

Watch this space.

Good luck everyone - stick with it!!!!
Xx

Back