Getting back on track - Goals??

gippstick

Hello,

Firstly I'm new so Hi everyone!

I've been doing slimming world for about a year, did it for a while going to classes and my circumstances changed so I thought I'd go it alone. I carried on losing (slowly) and I've lost about two stone now, however these past few months I've been hovering between 11st 12lb and 12st 4lb

I'm really ready to kick start it now (after a massive blow out last night resulting in much guilt!) and I wanted to get some ideas on realistic goals. When I was younger my weight didn't bother me but the weight crept on and now I'm very aware of the numbers on the scales. Do you think its important to set goals, or do I just keep going until I feel comfortable with my weight? I don't know what weight I want to be because I've never been this weight before!

Anyway, hopefully I can get chatting to some of you on here and get some of your tips!!

Thanks x

Hi ya, i like to set little goals for myself, and not always weight goals, things like "i will be 100% on plan this week" or "i will exercise 5 times this week" etc, these sometimes help, its always nice to have a target in mind, even little ones! I haven't set my target weight yet, i know i have around 3 st to go, and if i kept thinking of that 3 st i would go mad! So i break it down into 7lb steps, and some in between as well, like getting into the next stone bracket, or getting into "over weight" category (im in obese at the moment!!!)
Good luck xxxx

I agree with posters above. Counting in 7lb increments is easier than thinking of a final goal. However for me I found it helpful to have mini goals leading to the final goal so I can cross them off so my next one is to get under this stone which is only 1.5lbs, then another pound till my next half stone and 1.5 stone award.

In choosing a final goal it doesn't have to be the one you stop at so I have chosen the weight I'll be at a bmi of 24.5 which means I'm into the healthy weight range. I think I'll stay there for a bit maintaining then might shift it further down but I need a point I know I can get to and I want to spend some time on maintenance cos this is where I've fallen down in the past.

It's important to make the goals that motivate you so it may even be going down a dress size or being 100% for a whole week.

Thanks guys... I think I'll aim to get under the 12's as my first target and take it from there. Must stick with it as I know it'll be worth it in the end!

I started out at 18st. I set interval goals at 16, 14, 12 and then my final goal of 9st. I'm just about to hit the 14st mark now (1.5lb to go) and am keeping everything crossed that I get to my 12st goal by Xmas. Last time I was 12st I was 15 years old. Shocking. Anyway, after that, I have my daughter's Confirmation in around March/April, so hoping to be near target by then, or if not, then by my later "just in case date" of July for my 30th.
You have to be kind to yourself and not beat yourself up over small slips. It's not the times you fail that count, it's the times you get back up and start again.
I originally started this plan in Sept. 2011 and had planned to be at target by my birthday July gone. But life happens, and things have to be adjusted, and it just wasn't going to happen in that short space of time. So I adjusted, and relaxed, and it's happening at a pace I'm comfortable with. Besides, if I lost all that weight in so little time, I'd be left wearing a skin suit! haha. I'm happy enough to let my skin shrink with me.

Best of luck xx

Back