Getting married in July 2011, dress pics included!1

jillcambridge

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm new to Minimins and I start CD tomorrow - eeek! I am getting married in 8.5 months, in July next year - its all booked, and have approx 6-7 stone to lose to fit into my dress. I'll fit into it if I lose 4 stone or more I think as its a corset back and very forgiving, but obviously I want to look amazing on my wedding day so want to lose more.

I am desperate to lose weight, not just 'cos of my wedding or the fact I've already bought my dress, but really mainly because I'm so unhappy. I do have my dress already - I bought it second hand from a site called preloved as I wanted an expensive dress and knew exactly what I wanted but didn't have the budget! Anyway, here's a few pics of my dress...

Ronald Joyce Veni 55034 in baby pink, bought 2nd hand from preloved:-

Picture4112-1.jpg

Picture447-1.jpg

Picture4232-1.jpg

Picture437-1.jpg

Picture458-1.jpg

Picture544-1.jpg

So I start CD tomorrow after yo-yoing with WW for a couple of years now after having my children - I desperately need a boost. I'd love to lose 7 stone, that's my target, but anywhere between 5st 3lbs and 7st would be fantastic and I know I'd look different enough for people to notice.

More info - my name is Jill and I'm 30. I am 17st 4lbs (I think, I will get weighed to get an official starting weight tomorrow morning). I've been with my partner for 10 years this Hogmanay and have 2 beautiful children who are 3 and 17 months old.

I have always been a few pounds heavier than I should be, I love food and started binging while I was a teenager and gained independence from my parents. When I went to uni, however, I weighed about 10st 7lbs and looked amazing (of course I didn't think so at the time!). I met OH during my third year, moved in together and I PILED on the weight. I've been big now for a long time and really think I owe it to myself to do something about my weight.

So that's me - I'll either keep this as a diet diary or maybe just a wedding diary and keep a diet diary on the CD forum. Nice to meet you all!

Xxx

Oh it's lovely Jill! You can do it, and i'm sure you'll look ravishing however much weight you lose.

I've recently gotten engaged and I'm really struggling to find a dress that I want to wear! I'm going to have a look on preloved seen as you've done so well!

Thank you Jez! Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!

Preloved is AMAZING, beautiful dresses, worn once (obviously!), cleaned and like new! Love it!

Xxx

I love your dress, and I think it's very brave what you've done. I am positive it will give the incentive you need to get into it! xx

Hello Jill
How is it going? How is your wedding planning going??
Well done on your weight loss so far. I am on Cambridge too. How are you finding it?? Which plan are you on???
Your dress is lovely!!!

I look forward to reading your updates, and on the CD forum too xxx

Hi!
I nearly fainted when I saw this because we have so much in common. Have PM'd you! Think we really need to be weight loss buddies!
Clair x

That dress is gorgeous!

I am not getting married til December 2012, so have decided not to even try on a dress until September next year (when I will hopefully be only 2 stone off where I want to be).

Good luck! Be sure to keep us all updated on your progress!

I get married on 9th July and want to lose about 4 or more stone before then. I am joining slimming world tonight and am feeling very nervous and excited about it.
How are you getting on your dress is beautiful I have bought mine as well and it fits but would look so much better if I were smaller.
xx

Back