getting my actifry today

claire739

i know there a loads of actifry threads but none seem to answer the question i wanna ask unless ive not read the right ones lol

Whats the best way to cook in the actifry? what oil/fry light does everyone use? whats the syn values of using oil etc etc.

wanted to find out the best way to do things before it arrives so i dont eat from it and then finf out ive eaten my days worth of syns lol

Jealous!! I don't have one but I am sooooo tempted!

Where are you getting it from? I've seen from searches on the forum that you can get good deals on them sometimes but there doesn't appear to be any deals at the minute. There are a few different sizes as well so I'm not sure which is best!

I had an Actifry for Christmas and I always use Frylight in mine. It's amazing because while Frylight can sometimes leave food quite dry in the pan etc they're really oily and nice in the Actifry. :)

I use sunflower frylight mostly but have used the olive oil one in the past and don't notice much of a difference to be fair.

1 tbsb of oil is, I think, 2 syns (although I may be wrong - I don't use oil) but fry light is free so if you use that you can't go wrong.

There are so many different meals you can cook, I love using mine for sausages and bacon coz I can just put them in and leave them to cook rather than frying/grilling and having to turn them all the time, etc. There's also a really handy timer on there and sausages take about 13 mins from cold and bacon 5-6 mins.

Good luck! :)

Omg i'm jealous, I really want one but refuse to pay the amount they charge for them!! I really want one :(

I'm jealous too...I want one and keep looking out for good deals.

I guess I have to put it on my birthday present list...oh no...I have to wait until October for that!!! :sigh:

my dad got it for me from the wholesalers! they had them for £97 but we knew someone who worked there and they gave us a discount so got it for £85 :) much better than the £149 argos wanted lol

Has anyone had a look on Cashback websites? There's usually some good offers there and they work on a lot of online retailers?

There are lots of posts saying people just use frylight or in some cases nothing at all. But best to spray the food before it goes into the actifry otherwise the frylight may damage the surface of the bowl.

Otherwise, all oils are 6 syns per tablespoon.

1 tbsb of oil is, I think, 2 syns (although I may be wrong - I don't use oil) but fry light is free so if you use that you can't go wrong.

A Tablespoon of oil is 6 syns. teaspoon is 2 syns.
But you can use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil as your HEXB. :)

Silly question, but how do they work? I've never really heard of them before. :confused:

I only started using one last week so I'm no expert, lol.
You sign up to the website (I use Quidco but there are loads of different ones) and search for a retailer (ie argos/currys) it will show whether or not that site has any offers and, if so, you can click the link to go to the retailer, shop as normal and the cashback site tracks your purchases.

I bought a hotel stay last week at £300 for 4 nights with 12% cashback so got £35 back, not bad really. :)

I only started using one last week so I'm no expert, lol.
You sign up to the website (I use Quidco but there are loads of different ones) and search for a retailer (ie argos/currys) it will show whether or not that site has any offers and, if so, you can click the link to go to the retailer, shop as normal and the cashback site tracks your purchases.

I bought a hotel stay last week at £300 for 4 nights with 12% cashback so got £35 back, not bad really. :)

Wow... seems too good to be true!

That's good to know, not just for actifry but for life purchases in general!!!

Thank you :D

can you put things in together? for example cook sausages and chips together?

Yes you can, but there isn't a huge amount of room but certainly enough for one portion.
Only thing my C said to me is be careful if cooking 'full syn' foods (ie full fat sausages for the family) with sw food as there may be some syn transference but as long as it's a sw meal then whack it all in together. :)

A Tablespoon of oil is 6 syns. teaspoon is 2 syns.
But you can use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil as your HEXB. :)

Thanks Ermy, I knew someone would correct me if wrong. :) As I said, I always use frylight and in the actifry it's just as good as oil.

yeah i wouldnt be mixing sw foods with normal im very careful with that.

do the chips come out nice? nicer than the oven? my sw chips in the oven dont come out very well at all! lol

yeah i wouldnt be mixing sw foods with normal im very careful with that.

do the chips come out nice? nicer than the oven? my sw chips in the oven dont come out very well at all! lol

Mine didn't at first but I was putting the potatoes in raw. If you par-boil them first, they work really well. Love making a chip butty! :)

i am par boiling them first but they just are either too soggy or burnt all the time :/

Mine were always the same in the oven, the actifry seems to make them loads better.
My OH thinks it's like a microwave - typical man, he can't explain so it must be a bad thing. Lol.

dreamslim said:
Mine didn't at first but I was putting the potatoes in raw. If you par-boil them first, they work really well. Love making a chip butty! :)

I never parboil and love how they turn out. I do use some oil though I have to say.

Back