Getting Pregnant!

Hi, I'm at my heaviest ever after having my little girl and have only managed to lose 2 stone on a crazy diet then put it back on again! I'm desperate to lose weight but also want to try for another baby very soon! I know I can still go to slimming world whilst pregnant but can I still LOSE weight whilst pregnant?!

Yes, you can. There is a reason why SW is the only "diet" recommended by doctors and midwives for continued use during pregnancy. You may find by the end of the pregnancy you are in a position of gaining from your start weight, but once the baby is born you will see the true results of your efforts.

Just be sure and get approval to continue on plan while pregnant from a midwife if you want to attend group while expecting.

There's a young lady here who's only put 7 to 8 pounds over her prepregnancy weight. She's in the 14 stones zone.. oh and she must be now what 38 or 39 weeks pregnant (if not already given birth)

I too want to lose some weight before trying for number 2
I figured I can wait until next april or march, by then I hope I'd lost a stone or two and plan to continue SW through pregnancy.

So yes it's possible.. it'll probably show more not like a loss but as a staying the same weight when you're infact losing fat and gaining baby weight/placenta/amnio fluids...etc
hope that made sense :)

Back