1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Ginger Cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by avisk, 14 November 2009 Social URL.

1. avisk

avisk xx

Slimming World
    I put this in another thread because someone was asking what to do with scan bran, so I thought I would put it here in the recipe section too. Trouble is, I can't remember whether it has been here before! Anyway, it's good, so it won't hurt to read it twice!!

This ginger cake is very nice - it is ten and a half syns for the whole cake, but it is very filling and very sweet, so a little goes a long way.

5 scan bran
    2 level tbsp black treacle
    2 level tbsp golden syrup
    3-4 level tbsp Splenda (or similar free granulated sweetener)
    2 beaten eggs
    2 tsp ground ginger

Break up the scan bran and soak in warm water until soft. Mash with a fork, breaking down any big lumps.
    Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
    Combine the egg mixture with the scan bran and mix well.
    Place in a microwavable dish and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes.
    Serve hot or cold.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. toliveordiet?

toliveordiet? Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for this, it sounds delish! I will have to try it using Ryvita instead of Scan Bran though coz we can't get that over here. :cry:

Looking forward to having it later.
  4. captaincuddles

captaincuddles Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Wow! Def making this for Christmas :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.