Given Up on 2nd day!

BUTTERBEAN94

Is a loser! ;-)
Hiya Everyone, I posted a thread yesterday about my friend joining me on LT and how happy i was.....She phoned me this morning to say that she can't do it and has quit...Then she told me she was eating a bacon butty! :cry:

Im dissapointed, as i though we could be LT buddies....i tried to convince her to stick with it, as it does get easier, and the initial weary feeling doesnt last to long....(Ive never had so much energy!) But she was having none of it. :cry:

Never mind- if she caved that easily (and with a bacon butty for God's sake!!) she was never going to be any good for you on this diet.
Think how cr*p she's going to feel in a few months when she sees how fabulous you look after sticking to it!

My mate did excatly the same! joined the day after I did (on 01/10/2009) and gave up the morning after, she rang me whilst eating her toast!!! Well in just so glad I didnt cave aswell as i am now a stone lighter! my mum also joined with me and is doing brilliant so think that has helped me x Just come on here there are loads of slimming buddies!!! x

I totally agree with IrishMum. She would have been a rubbish slimming buddy if she caved so easily.

You will really show her what she is missing out on when in the not too distant future you're slim and healthy, while she is still scoffing bacon buttys ;)

Keep it up. In my opinion, it's quite a hard diet (mentally) but the results make is so worth it all.

well today is my second day and yes yesterday i did think wouldnt be able to do it , but today i feel much better . hoping that it gets easier thou as it so hard to cook for the family . any way fingerscrossed that this diet actualy works .

:wave_cry:
well today is my second day and yes yesterday i did think wouldnt be able to do it , but today i feel much better . hoping that it gets easier thou as it so hard to cook for the family . any way fingerscrossed that this diet actualy works .[/:flirt2:QUOTE]

It does get Easier Lisa, it really does...its my 3rd weigh In tomorrow and it has got alot better for me. Although tbh i still find it really difficult at night...i just try to keep myself busy so i dont think about food!

I know the diet isnt for every body but i was really hoping i could have someone to phone up when im starvin to talk me out of it! I cant always get online in the evenings which is when i tend to crave things andi get a rumbly in my tumbly!!

thank hun . would say that you could phone me but i work in the evening . but you are right the evening is the hardest .i seem to have more energy today aswell .(it may be my emagination) lol.everyones weight loss on there seems realy good hope mine is to . realy dont want to be this big anymore.

good luck for tomorrow .

Aw bless ya, thanks hun! It took me about a week to stop feeling rubbish, and my energy levels now really are through the roof. If you stick to it 100% then you will lose weight, But dont compare your weight loss to other peopls on here as people lose at different rates.
Get yourself a ticker set up so we can all see how well you do. Good luck with it chick!!

Never mind- if she caved that easily (and with a bacon butty for God's sake!!) she was never going to be any good for you on this diet.
Think how cr*p she's going to feel in a few months when she sees how fabulous you look after sticking to it!

I echo that!! :D

My friend did LT before me - lost around 3st and then stopped.

I did LT have now lost over 7st and she tells me all the time how much she hates me for it (in a joking best friend kinda way) i laugh it off but deep down i secretly feel pretty damn amazing with myself for doing it. So should you butterbean. She will be the one telling you how jealous she is of you doing it in a few months time.

My bestie tells me all the time she wants to do LT again but just isnt ready - which, if noone is in the right headspace theyre really not going to suceed on this diet. Your friend obviously isnt ready just yet. Hopefull one day she will be 'ready' to lose the weight :) xxx

Hey Butterbean - you have all the diet buddies you could ever need right here :D :D :D

Ah hun i remember how happy you were in your post, its a pity ur friend cudnt stick 2 it especially only two days god i cant imagine if i hadnt continued. she definitely wasnt ready to lose weight but you might motivate her wen she sees how great ur doin. I know wat you mean about being able to chat to someone who understands but in a way im glad i dont have a friend doin this with me as it makes me concentrate on me and why i do tings instead of worrying bout her and tinkin bout how to make her feel better (i always tink of others first) so maybe this is a blessing in disguise you mite learn more about yourself and be a stronger person knowing you got threw it all by yourself.

My husbands friends wanted to do it (2 blokes) so I took them to the pharmacy and they gave up on day 2 hahahahaha

This diet is hard but once you get going it is brilliant.

Just imagine how your friend is going to feel when you keep losing and look fab. Being slimmer does feel much better.

That's a shame as it's nice to have someone to help you along, however, if she caved on day two she probably wasn't going to be a great help to you! Someone struggling could, in actual fact, justify your own negative feelings about LT (if you have them...!). It's a really tough diet & even though it'd be lovely if seeing someone else's success was enough to push you on, you really do have to be in the right place, so I wouldn't be too disappointed in her. I started LT with my Mum & she cheated several times before giving up after about a month, seeing my succeed she's very angry she didn't carry on with me, but, life throws different things at different people!

You can still do it & you have great support here :)

Hannah

Aw, thanks again you lot, its great to know your all here!! My freind joined W.W last night and actually seems determined to do that...she said it wont be as quick as LT but at least she wont be tempted to cheat because she can eat on it. I must say though...im finding it ALOT easier now, Its my 3rd WI tonight and im really bloated but i hope i have lost the 2 lbs i need to take me to 1 stone in 3 weeks! I hope my friend succeeds on W.W and i think you have to be quite strong, and as you said READY to stick to an extreme diet like this. I'm ready to lose the weight now and i think now i have been on LT for 3 weeks i could stick to it for a few more months!

Back