Giving slimFast a try

mommyB

love it
hi there all.

I am offically doing weight wathcers but I am struggling a bit with actually controling what I eat and binging quite a bit, so I have decided to give slim fast a try for a little while just to try and regain some control.

Am still going to attend my meetings for support and to get officially weighed.

Not sure how long I am gonna do this for, maybe a few days but maybe up until xmas.

Any help, advice or tips would be useful:wave_cry:

I was a bit like that while on points so had 2 weeks on core and it definately helped. But hope your try on slimfast is successful
Irene x

Thanks irene. I love weight watchers and have no intention of abandoning it forever. I just think I need to do something to regain control. ww works, its me thats 'failing' at the moment.
As they say a change is a good as a rest.

just had my 1st shake and cant beleive how full i feel. hope it lasts!!

I don't know much about slimfast. What would you have on a typical day? Was the shake ready made or powder to mix with water? What flavour are you having?
Irene x

I have a tin of the powder , strawberry flavour which a friend gave me (she didnt get on with it). If I do ok i will invest in another flavour. make it up with skimmed milk.

A typical day seems to be replace 2 meals with the shakes, tho I think they do bars as well, and a main meal upto 600 cals. Am gonna have this in the evening I think.
You are also allowed upto 3 snacks of 100 cals or under.

Will let you know how my 1st day goes.

hi mommyb slimfast is a good way to regulate your eating habits,but if you can blitz the shake in a blender with ice,then it goes thick and lasts in your tummy longer 4hours or so ,and if you can do without the snacks all the better,i did and its easier after a few days to stick to,i lost -53lb and its a great easy plan to do ,just what to have for dinner and your day is done good luck you can do it soola x

Thanks for the advice. did use a blender but not ice ( its too cold !). Plan to play the snacks by ear as I go along ie have or miss depending how I feel.
Have already discovered a major benefit..washing up is alot less:D

Have already discovered a major benefit..washing up is alot less:D

So true! But more rubbish if you buy ready-made shakes. (Yes, am recycling them!)

I imagine that Slim Fast will help in that it takes most of the choice out for two meals a day, so you don't have to worry about portion sizes etc.. I was thinking I might only do it for a couple of weeks but I've been going for a month and lost 10lbs without too much pain (despite my frequent moans on this forum).

Anyway, good luck with it, hope it helps you get back on track.

hi ive started slimfast today.how are you geting on with yours?i have 4 stone to loose like you im sort of doing ww and going for weigh ins.i decided today as i stay the same at ww.nic

Back