Giving Slimming World another go

Slimstar

Hi everyone!

Well, I've finally realised that I HAVE to do something serious about my weight. I've been messing about, saying I'm going to do it, but then not getting anywhere for what seems like ages, so I've decided to give SW another try. I've done SW before and know it works. I even joined a local group a few weeks ago, but the group thing just wasn't for me, so thought I'd try and find some online support instead! I've nosed around this site before in the past, but never really got involved. It would be great to get to know people on here.

Short term, I've got a big family wedding overseas coming up in 10 weeks. Recent holiday photos of me at my current weight have convinced me that I really don't want to go looking (and feeling) like this!! What do you think would be a realistic goal for 10 weeks? I want to make the most of this motivation, but don't want to set myself a target that is too unachievable and set myself up for failure.

Long term, I need to lose 5 stone to get back to a healthy BMI and that is by far the most important thing. I've had a lot of false starts in the last few years (loist a few lbs, fallen off the wagon, drifted, regained, started again) and it has knocked my confidence in my ability to do this, but I'm going to keep trying - hopefully I'll get there.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hello and welcome! A weightloss of 1-2lbs a week is healthy and realistic, so it would seem reasonable to lose up to 1.5 stone in 10 weeks if you're 100% on plan :) All the best with it, you'll find loads of ideas and support here xx

Hi slimstar - sorry that group didn't work for you, but hey, we're a pretty friendly bunch on here.

Are you following EE? Don't forget your 1/3 superfree, and can suggest you ensure you weigh / measure your healthy extras and syns.

You may also find keeping an online food diary on here a help, I find that by doing so I get support from others, and it helps to keep me on the straight and narrow (well, most of the time lol)

Wishing you every success

I too am back on SW, and so far have been enjoying it despite a bit of a false start. Like you I just need to sort this issue out. I am not happy, and my unhappiness is affecting more than just me. I hate that.

Welcome and I hope that we can all support one another!

Thanks for the words of welcome everyone! Day four and things are going good so far! Got the dreaded weekend to cope with, but determined not to let that derail me!

Back