Giving up....

Sammi:)

I have just gone through a horrific break up...loosing my house.

I am just loosing all hope of getting this last stone off. I originally lost one and a half stone then gained a stone from comfort eating.... so dissapointed.

Words of wisdom please??

xxxx

Sammi, all I can say is that it'll get better. If you feel like comfort eating, snack on some fruit rather than chocolate.

If all you need to do is budge a stone, look at it like this...
That's 14lbs.
1lb contains 3,500 calories.
So all you need to do is eat 3,500 calories fewer per week to lose 1lb.
That's 500 fewer calories a day.
That's a couple of packets of crisps, or a couple of bars of chocolate. Or maybe just a little less cereal, a little less bread, a little less pasta, a little less meat. If you're currently maintaining a level weight, chopping out 500 calories a day will start shifting that stone, one pound at a time.

I know, it's really horrid to be going through a rotten break-up and getting forced out of your home. But spend time with friends, with parents, treat yourself with some retail therapy instead of food therapy, or even simply get out and go for some walks. Anything to help you cope with the separation without resorting to fatty foods.

It does get better, I promise. But it takes time. Don't worry about yesterday, or tomorrow. Just get through today :)

treat your break up as a new starting point , no distractions you can be you and get to where u ned to be without anyone in the way... thats what i did xx

Back