Gizmo's diary

_Gizmo_

Silver Member
Hi! I've managed to get the books off eBay and will be doing SW from home. Can't afford online or to go to meetings each week. Planning to start on Monday so I can have a few days getting to know about the plan and have time to *do a decent food shop.
I've tried to lose weight before and managed to lose 3 stone. I've put most of it back on. Tried calorie counting, Weightwatchers and healthy eating before but those all failed.
I've been suffering from depression for the last couple of years, so I'm hoping losing weight will help. Only just been to the doctor about it and she has recommended dieting, going to the gym and zumba.*
I'm fed up of being overweight and unfit. Last year I did a charity jungle trek in Borneo for the blue cross, not easy but I did it. Put weight on since then and don't think I could manage it now. Eventually I want to do another charity trek in the future, possibly maybe even get into ultra running, since they have marathons in the jungle. I'd love to trek to macchu picchu and everest base camp. But in order to achieve these dreams I need to lose the weight and get fit, so hopefully SW is the way to go!*
Love the fact that pasta and rice are unlimited, can make do with other sacrifices. Already prefer snacking on fruit. I'm allowing myself to eat whatever I want this week and then getting my start weight and measurements when I start on Monday.
Hope this will work, just wanna get rid of this weight! Lol =)

Good luck Gizmo! And your trekking plans sound simply awesome! :)

Thanks =)
managed to borrow a food directory so going to go through that this weekend as I have to give it back on monday and can't afford my own just yet. Also need to plan some meals. Never been good at cooking so hopefully ill do fine! Lol
Treated myself to some new gym stuff yesterday. Looking forward to becoming the new me =) this time I will succeed!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Gizmo

I did a charity trek three years ago - the jungles of vietnam, - like you i also want to do macchu picchu but i know full well id never manage the climbs as i am now. I feel i am on a vicious circle - cant get fit cause im fat - fat cause i am not getting fit - - so im now on day 6 of sw extra easy - loving it - and am determined to walk every day for at least 30 mins - until i have a stone or so off and then ill start zumba - never done it before but it looks like fun

ive got about 47lb to lose

look forward to reading your diary - good luck hun youve given yourself a great incentive so you can do it!

Wow, not heard of any Vietnam treks. Will have to look into it. Love the jungle, apart from the leeches! I miss the sound of the jungle at night. I wanna travel but I don't want to be sat at the beach and doing normal tourist things. When i was in Borneo I wished I had lost all the weight and I would have enjoyed it more if I had. I've already proved I can something like that, before the next time I will have lost all the weight. All other methods seemed to be too stressful and didn't work but I feel confident about slimming world.

Been looking at the syn values of a mcds meal I'd normally have, can't believe how many! Makes me feel sick. Last time I went to mcds on monday i managed to only have a tea, met up with a friend for a catch up and didn't want any food =) may just end up taking some sweetners with me from now on and having a couple of milk pots with it would be 1 syn. Much better than around 60 syns! =O

I may wait a few weeks until I try zumba. Played it on the wii, not sure if I want to do it in front of other people!

Weighed myself today, not my official start weight but it looks like I'm back up to 16st 7lbs. Which is the start weight when I first started trying to lose weight a couple of years ago. I want to get down to 10st 7lbs so got a bit to lose!

Just spent the evening planning meals for the next week and I'm looking forward to it. Not used many syns on the meals so can have a few treats. Have planned some nice meals that I'm looking forward to =) its the healthy extras that seem to be the most difficult to sort out but that's easy enough. I'm happy drinking black tea. I can always drink milk and have a milky tea with breakfast. And can have a weetabix oaty bar for my HEXB if I don't bother with cereal for breakfast. Not bothered about not having any bread from now on. I'll be happy with a freddo or curly wurly rather than a choc bar.

Looking forward to starting on Monday =)

Started! And so far loving it! :D Bacon, eggs and beans for breakfast, as well as a banana, a milky tea and a cup of milk. Not used any syns yet :)

Taken my measurements which I will take every 4 weeks and my official start weight is 16st 6lbs. My target weight is 11st (10st 7lbs may be too low so will see how I feel when I get to target). I have 5st 6lbs to lose.

Sorted out a few goals. I get a big treat for every stone lost (non food). If I get to the gym at least 4 times a week, I'm allowed 1 beauty product and if I have at least 6 100% days a week then I'm allowed to buy a book.

Already been to the gym today, didn't do so well but I haven't been exercising in a while. Just going to build up slowly. 1 day at a time!

I'm already struggling. Just wanna eat everything. Went out to a cafe earlier and only had a can of diet coke, resisted all the cakes and things. But I think the diet coke is the problem. Whenever I've had diet cola or pepsi max in the past, I've eaten pretty much non-stop for the rest of the day. Going to keep away from the diet drinks from now on and see how I feel then. Still have a few syns left and my HEXB to have so I can get through the rest of the day. Freddo bar! Yay!
Just going to sit and read for the rest of the day. Have today off work so just want to relax. Have a bit of a headache but I think its cravings for junk food and normal coca cola. It will take a few days to get used to the diet I think.

First day done! I survived! :D had all 15 syns. Jumbo choc chip snack a jacks, frozen curly wurleys and mini milks are lifesavers.

Hopefully tomorrow will be easier!

Well done for getting through day 1. Going out to cafes etc is really hard - great that you resisted temptation. Have you found the honk if you were 100% today thread? - I find it very motivating. One day at a time.

I am avoiding artificial sweetners and I think it is helping my hunger levels but it does go against the slimming world flow of diet coke and muller lights.

Am loving freddo bars - keeping a stock in the fridge. Just musn't eat them all at once!

Good luck with the rest of your fabulous first week

Thanks, day 2 and I've managed to get through it. I may end up having pasta salads for lunch at work everyday but that's still much better than having sandwiches. I feel like I can live with SW for however long I need to stay on it, just need to find more recipes that I can use. Had veg stir fry for tonight and last night. Not sure what I'll have tomorrow night.

It felt good buying only fruit and veg from Morrisons today :D

So far all 100% days =D and have used less than 15 syns on the last few days. Find it hard to use them up! Had a curly wurly and a freddo bar tonight and still have 4 syns left for today. Used free food or HEX's for my meals. I'm so glad the baked to perfection salmon is free, it's the only way I like salmon.

Not been to the gym since mon, but it's not been easy getting used to the difference in diet. Been finding it difficult to make meals on a night as I finish at 7pm and I'm on call from then on weds and thurs nights so don't want to spend too long cooking. Need to really look at recipes.

Haven't had any coca cola since mon. Last time I had normal cola was on sunday. I used to be addicted to it, had at least 1 can every day. I hated the diet stuff since it always make me more hungry. haven't had that problem since Monday. Feel a bit better for not having but I think I may be having some withdrawal symptoms. I wont go back! It can be an occasional treat, nothing more.

Nearly at the end of the first week =) not been doing as well as I could be but still trying to get used to it. I think I'm going to allow myself 1 day a week when I can have a treat. Use up my syns for the day on that and will probably go well over but I'll try my best to lower the amount I have and not go too over the top. In a few weeks I'll be covering at work doing stressful long days so I will allow myself to go to mcds on one day and have a happy meal with water. I usually end up going most days if I'm doing a week like that, so will try to stick to pasta salads as much as possible.

Going to try the fry light chips later and use my superfree on apples and other fruit that needs to be used up today. It's so expensive buying fruit and veg but I guess I'm saving on not buying junk food and coca-cola all the time so it'll be fine.

Finished the book I was reading 'walking the amazon' by Ed Stafford. Stuff like that motivates me as I really want to do lots of travelling and trekking in the future and to do that I need to lose the weight. Going to have a good read of the slimming world mags and try to get my head together to make next week better. Need to get to the gym more since I've only been once this week. I won't be surprised if I don't lose this week.

Got some mini choc brownies from Morrisons for my weekly treat, been craving them all week. Only had half the box and can't eat anymore, feel a bit sick. Gonna give the rest to my brother. Much rather eat some fruit at the mo. Yay! =D this is a good sign, I'll still allow myself a treat each week, but only if I feel like it and only in small portions. I'm shocked at how full I'm feeling after eating what feels like nothing compared to what I used to eat. I don't need to constantly eat, I don't need to eat to be happy. Losing weight is going to mean I can do what I want to in life, overeating will prevent that from happening, just going to take it one day at a time =)

Went a bit over my syns last night, went to the pub, had 2 diet pepsis and vodka, the 2nd my mum got me, should have said no. I don't normally drink, and if I do it's alcopops or jaques cider but those are far more syns than vodka and coke, so I guess that was a win there. But they put out snacks on the bar, salt and vinegar crisps which I love so I had a few handfuls, felt a bit sick after. Gotta learn from my mistakes tho. Had a nice big breakfast of bacon eggs and beans, and have had a few grapes, and I feel full and happy. Going to make some frylight chips for lunch (best chips I've ever tasted!) and then attempt a spag Bol tonight.
Going to try to use up all my syns each day, to stop me from thinking that I can save up syns and have a mini binge at the end of the week which is no good. I will always allow myself some chocolate each day, have curly wurlys, freedos, after eight mints and mikado available so have a variety of syn values. And I'm going to try to go to the gym during the week rather than at the weekends as the traffic getting there is horrendous at weekends, plus I like some time to catch up with things and relax. Next weekend I'm working on sat morning anyway but then have pre-booked tickets for The Dark Knight Rises on sat night =D so I will try to work hard during the week and have some nice time off at the weekend.

1st weigh in tomorrow morn, hope I've lost something or at least sts.

Good luck for WI tomorrow!!

I am struggling at the moment and am looking for new diaries to inspire me and remind me what it is like to succeed and I have no doubt that you will do that!' x

Thanks =) I've just found my before and after pics from my previous attempt at losing weight ( calorie counting), I had lost 3 stone that way but that was a really stressful way. I've eaten so much today that i feel so full that I can't possibly fit anything else in. Yet I've had a 100% day, love it. I've not really snacked either. I don't want to starve myself to lose the weight.

Anyway, going to go read some true blood for a bit and get an early night =)

I've lost 1lb =D not bad since I felt that I could have done much better last week.

Been good so far up until today. Ended up having 1 1/2 pints of normal pepsi at the pub tonight. Resisted the urge to binge on crisps and chocolate though! Had a good day at work up until the end when I finished an hour late because of an emergency, didn't mind as I'm on call tonight anyway, but a few things really got me annoyed and stressed. Been depressed for a while and thought that I was feeling MUCH better, but broke down when I got home. So I went to pub as I just wanted to get out of the house. Just trying to take it one day at a time, im going to have days where I feel down still.

Anyway, positive things! Resisted munching on roses at work today which were a thank you pressie from a client. Didn't even feel the urge to have one. Felt really full for most of the day and didn't really snack much, even felt full when we came to do the emergency op at 7pm, usually I'm starving by then and grumpy coz I haven't had anything decent since lunch time. And I had a sneaky look on the scales this morn and was another 1lb lighter =)

Yay, managed to have a 100% day today. Even though I had a stressful non stop day at work today and debated binging on a box of brownies, but came home and cooked frylight chips and spag hoops instead! Then had a mini choc binge within my syns. Love that SW still allows me to do this. Feel like I have guidelines otherwise I'd have given up or just failed by now.

Just have to work 9 til 1 tomorrow (hopefully). Then will have a nap after before going to see batman tomorrow night. Think I'll need the nap as I'll have an hours drive home after the nearly 3 hour film. can't wait though, it looks awesome!

Back