Glandular fever

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
Just back from the Doctor ... and been diagnosed with glandular fever ... kissing disease!

I've been feeling yukky since Friday - headaches, sore throat, glands up etc etc .... GP examined me tonight - and said classic glandular fever. No treatment except paracetamol and ibuprofen and rest.

Symptoms on BBC website said loss of appetite and weight loss ... neither of which I've got - typical I get the yukky symptoms, but not the 2 I'd like!!!

Just back from the Doctor ... and been diagnosed with glandular fever ... kissing disease!

I've been feeling yukky since Friday - headaches, sore throat, glands up etc etc .... GP examined me tonight - and said classic glandular fever. No treatment except paracetamol and ibuprofen and rest.

Symptoms on BBC website said loss of appetite and weight loss ... neither of which I've got - typical I get the yukky symptoms, but not the 2 I'd like!!!

Oh sorry to hear this hun. I have been like this since last week and half the people I work with (not been kissing any of them though!)

Maybe I should get a check up too? I know my eldest DS had glandular fever 2 years ago and he did recover within a few weeks but I remember him feeling really tired.

Take good care of yourself and get those men to wait on you a bit ok!!!

Lacey..xxx :)

Poor you! :(
typical I get the yukky symptoms, but not the 2 I'd like!!!

Isn't it always the way:mad: Take care eh. Demand the highest standards of nursing at home ;)

Hope you feel better shortly.

Awwww poor you....:( sounds yuck !

hope you feel better very soon....

much love

Debz xx

Thanks everyone ... went for a stroll down along the canal and to the local shops and back. Apparently gentle exercise helps ... ;):eek::p so will "take it easy" when the vaccuuming needs doing!!!

Explains why I have felt so drained of energy for awhile now though.

Hope you feel better soon Bev x

Sorry to hear your not feeling well Bev:hug99:
Hope you feeling better soon.

Love Mini xxx

Awww Bev, sorry to hear you are poorly hun. Take it easy and look after yourself, sending huggles xx

Get well soon bev x

definitely take it easy! in some people the fatigue lingers on when the virus has gone because of over doing it. It is a contributing factor in a lot of people for ME/CFS/PVFS majority of people recover 100% but do take it easy.

Oh, poor you Bev - thats a rotten one. I remember my son having it a couple of years ago and it really laid him low. Take it easy and hope you feel loads better soon.

Love

Diagnosed?! Usually takes weeks to diagnose! I hope for your sake, and KPs sake that it isn't though doll, it will creep up on you constantly!

Congratulations on getting herpes though. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Back