1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Gluten free Healthy Extras

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by MissD47, 28 July 2014 Social URL.

1. MissD47

MissD47 Active Member

Hi all,
    Please help. I've recently found that I need to go Gluten free and I don't have a clue which breads, cereals and weights I can use as Healthy Extras. Please and thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. CCRM

CCRM Well-Known Member

Dietary Special Ciabatta Rolls tend to be my stock bread (or 1 slice of Genius bread)

Apparently if you can't eat gluten you can use 35g of any gluten free cereal (I don't because they all taste rubbish IMHO)

4 plain rice cakes

I tend to have pistachio nuts if I don't have the bread (28)

The slimming world online diary has several gluten free option for your healthy extras - far more than the book

4. MissD47

MissD47 Active Member

Thank you so much. Do you know if Scott's porridge oats are GF? And is there a GF bread that I can have two slices of? I know it's in my head but I'd think I haven't eaten enough if I only are 1 slice haha. Thank you :)

5. CCRM

CCRM Well-Known Member

There is one, but I didn't like the taste so I've forgotten it, just looked it up the glutafin 29g slices you can have 2

Can also have 2 of the dietary special slices out of the loaf

6. CCRM

CCRM Well-Known Member

I can't tolerate the scotts porridge oats

7. MissD47

MissD47 Active Member

Thank you so much. It's all new to me and I'm so confused with it all. Can I get these breads from Asda and Morrisons? Sorry to be a pest..

8. CCRM

CCRM Well-Known Member

The dietary special ones you can - the glutafin ones I don't think you can (have you been diagnosed with coeliacs? if so you can get glutafin ones on prescription - or juvela)

Glutafin (and juvela) do do free sample boxes too for you to try - I'm too new to post a link - which have loads of rolls, bread, pasta for you to try

9. MissD47

MissD47 Active Member

Thank you for all your help. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic disease. An auto immune inflammatory arthritis. I was recommended to go GF as it help heal the gut Etc. I guess it couldn't make me any worse. It's just trying to fit it in nicely with SW.

10. CCRM

CCRM Well-Known Member

Going gluten free is a complete pain to start off with, and the subsitutes aren't as nice as the gluten free ones but you do get used to it. I haven't found combining it with slimming world creates much problems (but I'd been GF for 4 years before doing SW)

11. NotsofattyPatty

NotsofattyPatty Well-Known Member

Asda sells a gluten and wheat-free multigrain wrap in their B Free range which can be used as a B choice. In addition, both Asda and Warburton make gluten and wheat-free breads but I'm not sure if they are an official B choice or a suitable tweak. If you go to group, your C should be able to advise, or you can get the information from the SW website.

12. lilladyluck13

lilladyluck13 New Member

I found this really usefull too thanks everyone