Gnocchi

on the food diary, gnocchi is 1.5 syns per 100g cooked on green. on syns online it's 0.5 syns per 100g cooked. i just had 300g cooked because i just used the syns online. after i'd eaten it i went to put it in my food diary and it's 3x as high :(

I would try using the syns calculator and see what that comes out with. But I would put the higher syn value to be on the safe side.

Hope that helps,
Natt

I love gnocchi! Well worth 4 syns for a 200g portion, I mix in some tuna, capers, black olives, lemon juice and parsley, absolutely gorgeous!! xxxxxx

Gnocchi are also nice in creamy sauces with ham or bacon added. When I did WW No count, I used to mix passata and a bit of Philly Extra Light (maybe quark would work ?). Fry up some bacon bits in fry light, and maybe some onions and mushrooms, and some garlic. Stir in the tomato mix and then add the cooked gnocchi. Yummmmmm !

Has anyone worked out what 100g cooked weight is dry?!

I intend to buy some gnocchi as have always loved it in restaurants but not sure how much to weigh out to start with or is it just trial and error?

They don't come in dried form so should weigh pretty much the same before and after cooking.

Thanks Circes, do they come in the fresh section rather than with the dried pasta then?

Yes they do, or occasionally you find them vaccuum packed on the shelf alongside the pasta stuff

Back