Goin' to the gym

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Corey, 29 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Corey

Corey longs to be average!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Does anyone know when you can start taking up some exercise? I've gotta gym over the road from me, and want to start using their cardio machines set to fat burning. At what week can I go over and start using them?????

Please don't say that all I can do at the moment is going out for a walk - it's raining!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

if you feel up for it then do it now but just take it easy, listen to your body, drink plenty of water, have a pack just before you go if possible (or half before and half after).

then see how you feel. If you feel fine...keep going. If you feel a bit weak, etc....leave it for a bit.

enjoy

however, you couldn't do much more fat burning than you are already. Ketosis is fantastic at doing it all on its own. If you want to exercise to tone up then fine but your plan to set the machines to fat burning sounds a little too much and unnecessary (just my opinion)

4. Corey

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Thanks - I do want to do a little toning (am sure there is a 6 pack underneath my beer barrel somewhere) but would like to give me body a hand - figured if i needed to burn more energy to do a miniworkout, my weightloss might accelerate somewhat?

5. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

Hello...well I'm new to this day 3 for me but I am keeping up my exercise. I see a personal trainer twice a week and I have a cross trainer at home which I use three times a week.

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi positivebetty - yes, the advise for those on vlcd is to continue with the amount of exercise you are used to for the first couple of weeks - not start doing anything more strenuous until your body gtes used to use its fat stores for energy. So, if that is what you have always done, there is no problem continuing

Corey, just see how you go and remember your body needs a certain level of protein to build muscle mass. What we get from the packs is enough to help minimise muscle mass loss but not enough to start building much muscle. Good luck and let us know how you get on

7. Corey

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Thanks for your advice dancing - hopefully I won't be building too much muscle as muscle = weight and we all know weight is bad!!!! I just want to start getting fit really - and if I get a little definition in the process that won't be a bad thing - It'll be nice to walk on the beach with my t-shirt off and having people look at me and think phwoar rather than urrghh!

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ahhh but muscle is good because in the long run it burns more fat more quickly so the temporary gain you would see would in the long run balance out. ..... if you were eating enough protein.

Yeh, I know what you mean. You will have people thinking phwoar very soon - don't forget to post a photo on here so we can be the first!!!! :)

9. Corey

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    As soon as I have an after picture to post - it'll be on here - I so want to be on RtM in about 6-10 weeks time. Fingers crossed if I keep going the way I am, it could be in 6 weeks :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.