Going back on LL Total

fitnessqueen1

Hi

I completed foundation last year and lost 5st, I managed to maintain until this March when I had loads of stress in my life.

I was given notice of redundancy from my job of 8 years. Fortunately I've now got another job but can't seem to stop eating (mainly when I get home from work) - I don't understand why as I'm now more settled. Anyway to cut a long story short I've put on 19 pounds. I'm going back to group meetings next week but I feel such a failure - I'm absolutely dreading stepping on the scales, especially as I'd managed to keep the weight off and thought I finally had control of my weight.

I find it impossible to explain this to anyone else, you know the feelings of shame etc. I'm still exercising but don't want to go to the gym in case I see anyone I know and I look in the mirror and I hate what I see.

Phew - I didn't realise until I started typing how much I needed to get that off my chest!

I used to come on the forum last year and found it very supportive.

Yx

i am in day 8 as a new start, a lady started with me on the same day in pretty much your position - we are going to do it together, you will bring your ideas and tips to the group

Hey Fitness Queen... congrats on nipping the problem in the bud and starting LL again.... Very impressed with ur achievement and 19lbs will fall off u in no time once u are on plan. How many weeks did it take u to loose 5 stone? xxx

Gembritney said:
Hey Fitness Queen... congrats on nipping the problem in the bud and starting LL again.... Very impressed with ur achievement and 19lbs will fall off u in no time once u are on plan. How many weeks did it take u to loose 5 stone? xxx

Thanks all that's just what I needed to hear. It took me 19 weeks to lost 5 st

I made a similar gain earlier this year and got back onto LL when I could.

Good news was I dropped 8lbs of a 12lb gain in my first week. So it won't take you long at all.

It's brilliant to be able to get back on track so quickly & easily!! Well done for not waiting for it to become a bigger gain. :)

Good luck xx

Well done fitness queen!!! I wish I had had the strength to come back when I'd gained 19lb instead of kidding myself that it was ok. I justified gaining weight by saying "well, it's only a few pounds, it's not like I was before etc etc etc' until I found myself smack bang right where I started again!

Well done - you'll shift those 19lb before you know it ;):D

Twinny said:
Well done fitness queen!!! I wish I had had the strength to come back when I'd gained 19lb instead of kidding myself that it was ok. I justified gaining weight by saying "well, it's only a few pounds, it's not like I was before etc etc etc' until I found myself smack bang right where I started again!

Thanks for all the encouragement - I'm now actually looking forward to starting xxx

You are back now Twinny!! :):)

And with the support on here you are in the right place to keep it off for good this time xx

Good for you fitness queen,
You are on the right path now. Everyone's welcome back here any time for support. You know you are among people who understand.
Welcome back xx

Hi and welcome from me fitnessqueen! Firstly fab initial weightloss, secondly not coming back would have been the tragedy, you know thus works you are proof, you are also the proof that maintaining can be done. So you had a blip and..... Well and nothing you are back, ready to shift the 19 lb as others have said it won't take long and the counselling will refocus your mind back to where it needs to be!

This is a safe enviroment to vent, we won't criticise or judge you as we are all in it for the same reason to shift the weight.

Look forward to hearing how you get on, I couldn't have got through losing what I have without these lovely, inspirational people, good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back