Going between, Red, Green and Extra Easy days... can anyone help?

Fairybug

I have been following slimming world going it alone from home for about 3 weeks now and have only ever done extra easy days, so therefore have been having 1xHEA and 1xHEB. I realised whilst eating dinner tonight that I have actually unintentionally had a RED day as I haven't had any potatoes, rice or pasta etc.. only meat, food thats free on all plans and my usually 1xHEA and 1xHEB. I know that when following RED and GREEN days you have 2xHEA and 2xHEB, I also know that in order for the plan to be more effective its important to use most of your syns and use up your healthy extras everyday, so does this mean that I should be having some more healthy extras if I have a day like today where I have followed RED or are additional healthy extras optional?

Im also wondering if to see the benefit is it a good idea to follow the same kind of day for a few days in a row or can you easily switch between RED, GREEN or EXTRA EASY as and when you please or is it only between RED and GREEN you can switch on a day to day basis?

Sorry if this seems like a really simple question, the concept of switching between days just confuses me a bit, but if its possible to do this I feel it would really suit me, so I just want more information really.

Fairbug, I'm the same as you - I can't get my head around how your body knows it's an EE day with no spuds/pasta etc or a Red Day but the plans all work - go figure!!

I've also done the same (but Green) by making a bolognaise with de-fatted soya mince and possibly doing a Red because I rarely have spuds/peas etc with a meat dish. . In this case, when that lightbulb moment arrives, I know I can have an extra couple Alpen Lights as HEb rather than syns with my hot choc in the evening :D . I don't normally worry about having the additional HEa unless I use a bit more milk in my hot choc to make it even more indulgent.

The plans allow x 2 HEb + 1 or 2 HEa on Red or Green so you get adequate fibre & calcium so yes, you should have them but it shouldn't really affect your losses if you don't but conversely, it could aid losses because you'll be boosting/maintaining your general health. . Does that make sense?

On the chopping & changing twixt plans goes, as long as you stick to the same plan for the whole day yes, you can do Red, Green, EE, Red, Green, EE, Red etc if you so desire. . Some Mims find that Green (pasta & rice) seems to slow their losses or bloat them a bit and Red (more protein) gives them better losses. . You just have to find what works for you so perhaps doing each one for a few days at a time might highlight whether you are better off with one that another.

Good luck

My C, always said that by changing your day could keep your body guessing and keep the motor running :) "red or green....just sleep between"

So I think its all OK to swap and change, including EE as that's how most of the older members we encouraged to swap over to the plan by introducing just one or two a week at first.

Just do what works best for you. As I know EE doesn't work for me but mixing green days with one or two red gets me big results......(or will hen I go back after a month off) hehe

Thank you for those replies, you have both been really helpful! I think I will have a go with throwing the odd red day into the mix and keep at the extra easy, I don't think green days would work for me as I have PCOS, so im not too great with too many carbs, get very bloated. I already have to use wholemeal pasta, rice and bread (and did even before SW) as I just balloon and pile the weight on if I use white. I love the idea of being able to have another healthy extra or two if needs be, think being able to switch it up a bit will make it less boring and easier to stick to. Can only give it a go and see how I get on eh?

i have been doing EE only up til now and as u can see from my ticker ive done ok so far, but i have decided to alternate between green, EE and red, just to see what happens lol!
suppose ill find out on Tues! this is day 4 for me trying this and am having a red day today! :) xXx

Back