Going into hospital on Tuesday

Yorkiegirl

is happy being Yorkiegirl
got to have a general anaesthetic to have a crumbling wisdom tooth out. I hate going to the dentist and have had such bad luck with my teeth, despite looking after them carefully.
The wisdom tooth in question has partially cracked and crumbled, and I just couldn't face being pulled around and aware of it, so I have plumped for a general anaesthetic. Just a day case so I have to be at the hospital at 7am, and should be home for lunchtime. The rest of the day will be sleeping. I am ok to stick with my packs as it is really a minor procedure. Just can't drink or eat after 11.45 tomorrow night which is no problem.

Awww bless ya, Good luck hun....xxx

Good luck with it Anna --- to be honest I'd have all teeth taken out under general if I could :)

Cath

Oh poor you! I do sympathise!! I had to have a cracked molar taken out a few weeks ago - my dentist didn't give me the option of going to the hozzie cos he's a ratbag and it was foul!

At least you'll be blissfully unaware of what's happening - bless ya!

Hope all goes well, hun!

xxx

Hi,

Don't know rules with LL but on CD you cannot have general anaesthetic if on SS you need to eat before hand for a while.

As this is imminent you must ensure the anaesthetist is aware you have been on a VLCD as this changes the viscosity of your blood additionally as you have had no solid food for a while it could affect how the anaesthetic works.

Also on CD if you have a GA you cannot SS for at least a month.

You need to check this out with LL and also ensure you let the dentist know.

I always have GA when I go to dentist - even for fillings coz I am a wuss.

Linda

Morning

Good luck with the tooth - I had my wissies out under general too.

I've just had a very minor op under general, whilst on LL. The hosp seemed ok with it, although the nurses wanted me to eat before I was discharged. As I was feeling a little woozy, I agreed to some soup but it never actually arrived.

My LLC had given me permission (reluctantly) beforehand.

My OH wasn't convinced so as a compromise, I had my packs made up with fortified milk instead of water to give me extra calories, vitamins, minerals and protein. I also went up to 5 packs a day (happened to have some spares) for a few days before and after.

Tonight will be my first weigh-in since, and I don't know what the scales will say. To be honest, I don't much care, health is more important.

But, I did get the tape-measure out and I'm still losing inches. Also stayed in ketosis, weed on sticks religiously :)

got to have a general anaesthetic to have a crumbling wisdom tooth out. I hate going to the dentist and have had such bad luck with my teeth, despite looking after them carefully.
The wisdom tooth in question has partially cracked and crumbled, and I just couldn't face being pulled around and aware of it, so I have plumped for a general anaesthetic. Just a day case so I have to be at the hospital at 7am, and should be home for lunchtime. The rest of the day will be sleeping. I am ok to stick with my packs as it is really a minor procedure. Just can't drink or eat after 11.45 tomorrow night which is no problem.

Hi Yorkiegirl,

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow and will be sending good vibes and prayers your way.:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Love Mini xxx

Back